Page 55 of 60 First ... 545515253545556575859 ... Last
  1. #541

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    2,177
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I have recently taken up swing dancing for the same reason I started jiu jitsu. Tossing b****** is my favorite.
    That is awesome.

    I never could figure out a black belt that was brave enough to compete in MMA or grappling tournaments but was afraid to dance with their sweetheart at a wedding.

    I hope you and your lady have fun and tear it up on the dance floor.

  2. #542
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Famous types more often than not, have assets held in trust, form a LLC or a holding company to protect themselves. Imagine going from the verge of bankruptcy to $6,000,000.00 in a short period of time, I'd want to protect my **** too. Hell, if all the mothers of his children hit him up for back child support, he could be wiped out; not to mention all the bad guys he's chased around the country. Lawsuits, whether with or without merit are very real and just defending one can cost a ton.

    That doesn't even take into consideration the privacy and security issues. Dog the Bounty Hunter was entertainment and not much more. Chasing down bail-jumpers isn't what made him the money, being tacky (popular tacky, but tacky) made him famous and being famous made him wealthy.


    The only thing that I ever overthink is women lol.
    LOL, the bondsmen who I see in court are not glamorous, to say the least...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #543
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want a real challenge, Rayce, take up Zydeco dancing.

    This one is only so so, really. But it's from Florida...


    I put this one in because I have actually danced on that very square of concrete. It was mid-summer and hot as hell, and I was on a date with a very interesting young woman. The event was a pig crackling festival, I kid you guys not.
    Last edited by BKR; 12/04/2016 3:13pm at .
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #544

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    154
    Style
    Boxing
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolentTendency View Post
    I have been involved (allegedly) in hundreds of violent crimes, on both sides of the coin. That doesn't sound like a 0.32% chance to me.

    Violence is a fascinating creature in a lot of ways. People say stupid things like "violence never solves anything" for example, but the whole fuckin reason people keep using it is because it literally solves everything. Even the way the State deals with the problem of individuals using violence to solve their own problems, is through violence by proxy or the threat of greater violence. Who has the bigger stick and all of that.
    Your stick seems pretty small.

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolentTendency View Post
    Beyond that, violence is also addictive as ****. It feels very, very good... Well, when you're on the giving end. Not always so much on the receiving end. There is a moment, I am sure many others here know what I am talking about, when you are really beating someone good and they hit this point where their whole body relaxes, they stop trying to protect themselves or defend themselves at all... Just go kind of limp and their eyes zone out like they're on drugs or something. It's like a thousand yard stare. I know that look, I've felt what it's like to be in that state as well as put someone else into it. When you are the one doing it, it's a Godlike feeling. Your enemy is totally and entirely beaten. You have broken him. They have completely given up, and stopped caring. Nothing else on earth can give you that feeling, and it's incredibly empowering.

    For myself, I kept finding myself with enough time on my hands to quietly reflect on some of my choices in life, and ended up seeking out martial arts as a way to positively express myself and seek at least a diluted form of this rush. Some of it is in your own mindset and attitude, too, I think. A man taps, he's submitted to you... You've achieved the same complete and total victory only you've done it in a positive manner that's not victimizing your fellow man. Outside of certain other bonds, some of my closest and most loyal friends have come through martial arts. Anyway, so like I say I went in a positive direction in the end with this, but I know the taste of that "high" intimately and I know there are so many people walking around all around us who want nothing more than to chase it. We're a predatory species at heart, when we let ourselves devolve into a more animalistic state of mind.

    Some people will use violence to get something from you. Sometimes, the thing they want from you is simply the rush of breaking you. Homo homine lupus est.
    Yeah, your fucking deluded.

  5. #545
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,522
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    If you want a real challenge, Rayce, take up Zydeco dancing.

    This one is only so so, really. But it's from Florida...


    I put this one in because I have actually danced on that very square of concrete. It was mid-summer and hot as hell, and I was on a date with a very interesting young woman. The event was a pig crackling festival, I kid you guys not.
    That couple in the first video are not Fucking around. I am not sure I am ready for all that.

  6. #546

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    That couple in the first video are not Fucking around. I am not sure I am ready for all that.
    It's all in the hips. Dancing is phenomenal exercise and enjoyment in a single package. It's not hard...it just takes a lot of practice like anything else. The end result is usually worth the time invested, too.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 12/05/2016 4:06pm at .

  7. #547
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,817
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    If you want a real challenge, Rayce, take up Zydeco dancing.

    This one is only so so, really. But it's from Florida...


    I put this one in because I have actually danced on that very square of concrete. It was mid-summer and hot as hell, and I was on a date with a very interesting young woman. The event was a pig crackling festival, I kid you guys not.
    Breaux Bridge is a neat little town. Good cracklins and my favorite boudin (yeah, Sonny Sonnier, that dude from that Dirty Jobs episode), though the wife prefer's Don's over in Scott.

    (edit) on that note, I forget which thread we were talking about various good meats from game; a got about 1/2 pound of venison summer sausage from a friend, this weekend. Man, it's yummy.

  8. #548
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,408
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dancing at a pig crackling festival sounds great!

  9. #549
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,817
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Dancing at a pig crackling festival sounds great!
    From what I gather, life on the bayou is way different. Every time through (my last visit was what, 2 weeks ago?) I think about trying to find a way to spend a couple of years, there. Also, drop the g and the second c is optional (if you see a sign for craklins, stop, you're in for a real treat). On the other hand, teeth are also optional in much of that area. Think Deliverance, but for reals, yo.

  10. #550
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,049
    Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That dude in the 2nd video is dancing in spurs. That seems ... hazardous.

Page 55 of 60 First ... 545515253545556575859 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in