Style
    Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aged Chinese villager shows long form of traditional martial art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS8G0B-jnx0

I have no knowledge of what style this Chinese man is doing. Through the benefit of recording, it looks like we are watching the end of an era in Chinese martial arts -- the small rural village, an old man showing a long form of a traditional martial art. The period closes, another begins.

I doubt that most people have the patience to learn the long form of any traditional style any more. Our schedules are too demanding, and the distractions of life too many.

Style
    Tai Chi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnira View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS8G0B-jnx0

I have no knowledge of what style this Chinese man is doing. Through the benefit of recording, it looks like we are watching the end of an era in Chinese martial arts -- the small rural village, an old man showing a long form of a traditional martial art. The period closes, another begins.

I doubt that most people have the patience to learn the long form of any traditional style any more. Our schedules are too demanding, and the distractions of life too many.
    It's a 3 minute long video.. and you think that's a form so long that only ye ancient chinese people had the discipline to learn it?

wow.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks like he took a little Tai Chi and sped it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Trad Ju Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He looks fit for his age, so well done to him. He's clearly repeating elements of the Form so, it's likely shorter than the OP might think.

Anyway, probably not much to do in his village pre-TV, Internet and may be not even Tsingtao....;-)

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old man moves really well.

Who among us will be as fluid at his age? Or even live as long?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe tong bei

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Style
    BSL; Sanda; Kendo; Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like this type of video very much. In the video description it is said that he is demonstrating a traditional martial art from NanGu village, in Hebei, but that it actually comes from the Shanxi region. Both regions are in northern China. His movements look a lot like the techniques of Cha Quan and Bei Shaolin Quan.

Actually, I was convinced it was Cha Quan before reading the description. It also reminds me of some awesome Baji Quan videos out there. You have a good point about the transition between generations of martial arts, mrtnira. I remember when I saw Cha Quan videos for the first time. There's a lot of them on YouTube - demonstrated by top level Chinese athletes. When you see them doing Cha Quan, it looks almost indistinguishable from modern Wushu forms.

A long time later, I've found a video like the one you posted: An old man of the Hui people, with their typical white hat, performing Cha Quan forms without that CWA Chang Quan feel. I was very surprised, and also a bit sad because I feel there's something about this "rural China old man's kungfu" that we're missing out.

Anyways, when I get home I'll post the videos I mentioned.

Style
    BSL; Sanda; Kendo; Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about the delay. Here's the link to the Cha Quan video. The teacher is not as old as I remember after all, but the "rural china" feel is there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVyRJ7IgrSY

And this is the Baji Quan video I mentioned:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA9a977HzFg