Style
    Taijiquan
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More Chen Ziqiang push hands

A very interested vid from last year, recently made public. Chen gets chucked a few times.

His partner won the open style grappling tournament (CMA style) in Orlando FL earlier this year.

One thing remains obvious: size matters!

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice, thanks for sharing !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    beginner baji, pigua
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First time seeing Chen Zi Qiang not reking his opponent

Did his ooponent practice tai chi or wrestling?

Style
    Taijiquan
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His opponent practices Chen taiji, Chen Quanzhong lineage.

The issue is that when two guys are wrestling, the pretty good guy who has a foot and eighty pounds on the very good guy is gonna win.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    The issue is that when two guys are wrestling, the pretty good guy who has a foot and eighty pounds on the very good guy is gonna win.
    i experience this a lot in judo as a 155lb guy who isn't all that good anyway.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His opponent practices Chen taiji, Chen Quanzhong lineage.

Very good guy who isn't competing anymore, either, correct ?

The big guy is pretty good, but his overall skill level is nowhere near Chen Z. The margin of error with big guys who have skill is a lot smaller. Mistakes get magnified.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Taijiquan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CZQ is always "competing", though not formally in tournaments. He's definitely the cat eager to try anyone. Of course, as someone said elsewhere, he's in Chen Village, not the Olympic Village, so the pool of partners is a little small.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CZQ is always "competing", though not formally in tournaments. He's definitely the cat eager to try anyone. Of course, as someone said elsewhere, he's in Chen Village, not the Olympic Village, so the pool of partners is a little small.
    Isn't he mostly teaching now ? For sure, he will be sparring with students, but not actively preparing to compete himself with similarly skilled athletes.

Style
    Taijiquan
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure. Miller is also mostly teaching though.