Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 3:52am

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

streetfight confrontation about 2 hours ago

Hey.
    I'm a newbie on this site, and I'm not sure why I'm posting this... I'm probably not thinking right because it happened a few hours ago.

I've had experience with streetfights and confrontations before. I don't claim any "sport vs. street" stuff very much either. I have Franco and Dimitri's material, but all the fights I've been in have been won because of my MMA skills
    Nothing else...

I posted this on some of the RBSD forums too.
    It sounds like bullshit when I read it back to myself :D So if anyone wants to call it so, feel free (like I said, I'm a newbie here, you got no reason to take me seriously)

But, I'm more inclined to believe certain stories on the net after writing this down...

Hey.

I just got back home. It's 3 am here. I de-escalated a streetfight with a crazed man in front of my favorite coffee shop at about 2 am tonight.
    I was also trying to de-escalate a potential streetfight between the crazed man and another customer as well. It was around 30 degrees outside, and I was freezing cold. Add to that my adrenaline dump, and my strategies of de-fusing/first strike and fight and you've got a pretty intense situation.

Here's what happened... I'm going to bed soon, so I want to give you the details fresh.

My girlfriend and I were having coffee at our favorite coffee shop. When we arrived there was a homeless man spewing out "songs" in a few yards away. A red flag went off for me (as well as my girlfriend) However, we sometimes get harmless vagrants from time to time so we went in anyway.

I sit with my back to the wall, and my eyes on the door so I can keep watch over him. Some time goes by, and suddenly the crazed man comes into the store yelling and pointing at an entering customer.
    My girlfriend is freaked out, and I am just watching the scenario making sure of everything that's going on.
    The head waitress tells the crazed man to leave, and he storms out while knocking over a table outside.

I'm still watching.

A customer in a blue shirt, a man who seems to extremely annoyed at this vagrant goes out after him as if he's looking for a fight. The waitresses go out too, and the man begins throwing fits outside, breaking things, and even charging at one of the girls.

I make the decision now to go outside to both protect the people who went out, and especially to protect my girlfriend who is in the coffee shop with me.
    I don't want him to come back in the shop with her in there....

So I go out. It feels like it's below zero degrees outside....

The crazed man is spewing out weird incoherent things like "You've awakened Leviathan" and "God will incinerate all," etc.

The man in the blue shirt is agging him on, and I am thinking that a throwdown will happen.

I tell the head waitress to call the cops and have them take the guy away. She does so as I move past her and go to the crazed man and the customer in blue ready to fight.

The crazed man begins swinging a whip like thing at the customer in blue, and the customer drops down into a boxing like stance and throws out a jab....the crazed man moves back and puts his hands up in a weird "rowing" type of movement. (he's either crazed or high on drugs)

I interfere, and yell out "Hey, come on, now."
    I get in between them with a passive stance and try to de-escalate both the crazed man and the angry customer...... (why am I a peacekeeper? Don't know...I did know the cops were on their way, and they'd arrest ANYONE involved in a streetfight)

Well I'm calming the customer down inadvertably as I de-escalate the crazed man. I also use a "passive encroachment stance" that Sammy Franco uses as well.

Well things seem a bit more calm until a kid in a green shirt decides he wants to be "tough" (with the help of me and the man in blue.... )

And gets in the Crazed man's face, etc.
    The crazed man moves back and begins shouting more religious wackiness...

I'm freezing cold at this point...and have my girlfriend's jacket on me LOL.

My adrenaline dump has started because I'm thinking there's no way out of it now, and I know that with the damn cold my muscles are being affected twice as much as with the adrenaline dump.
    I begin to "pump myself up" with sharp shoulder shrugs, neck rotations, snapping my head from side to side, more shoulder shrugs, etc.
    (if anyone has seen Brock Lesner from the WWE, you'll get a picture of what I was doing haha...)

Well my goal was to get my adrenaline under control, and warm my muscles up for the fight...

( I wasn't thinking of anything else RBSD wise... I was thinking now of suplexing the guy onto his head on the cement if he came at me or any of the others...)

Apparently he began to get less and less wanting to fight (probably because of the numbers of us to him, and the fact that my "pumping up" might have seemed a bit intimidating. The kid in the green shirt stood back from me, and was asking "Dude, why are you pumping up??" in a kind of frantic tone.
    The customer in blue answered for me ( ) "Cause, that's what it's about. The adrenaline starts going..."

All of this I guess seemed to send the crazed man away. As he walked away, the cops pulled up. I went to greet them and shook the hand of the officer as he asked where he was. I pointed to where he was going to...and they spoke with him for a while before putting him in a squad car. (he might have been high on drugs. The way he was mouthing off and incoherent and unorthodox made me think he was)

Well after that all settled down the customer in blue decided to be my "buddy" for the rest of the evening. I got back to my girlfriend inside the shop, who was watching me from the window.

She was worried about me going out there, and was a little scared that I seemed so "excited about fighting."

I explained that I wasn't "excited about fighting" only getting myself mentally and physically prepared for one...

Took me a while to settle her down and make her feel more safe. We left the shop and I drove her back to her place. She told me she was glad I didn't get hurt (I'm gonna have to buy her some roses LOL)

A street fight (or potential one) is definitely stressful though. Not like any tournament.
    You don't know your opponent, what he knows, who he is, what or if he has a weapon on him, he speaks incoherently, is high on drugs, flips over tables, talks like a sociopath, ... plus it's 2 am in the morning, I'm tired (just came back from a club with my GF) it's fucking 30 degrees out, and I'm freezing my ass off, my muscles are getting stiff, I'm getting an adrenaline dump, and now you tell me I gotta fight, and my girlfriend is present??

Yikes.

Well good night........ I'm gonna get a good night's sleep. I need it.

Ryu

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 4:02am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm..."pumping yourself up"? WTF? That's more likely to get you in trouble than cold muscles and an adrenaline dump anyday. While I admire your attempt to mediate, you should do so verbally and from a distance. Your mere presence in his immediate field of vision may set off an already unstable individual. It's one thing to be there to pull Blue Shirt off Crazy Man if someone gets injured, but to position (and possibly involve) yourself in the middle of two idiots is asking for an injury or a few hours in the county jail. Do you see how your attempts to de-escalate the situation only served to do the opposite?

Welcome to Bullshido...dumbass.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 4:07am

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :D Thanks

Titan

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 4:36am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real Ryu would have Haduken'd that vagrant into a firey mess.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 4:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ka-Bar
    Ummm..."pumping yourself up"? WTF? That's more likely to get you in trouble than cold muscles and an adrenaline dump anyday. While I admire your attempt to mediate, you should do so verbally and from a distance. Your mere presence in his immediate field of vision may set off an already unstable individual. It's one thing to be there to pull Blue Shirt off Crazy Man if someone gets injured, but to position (and possibly involve) yourself in the middle of two idiots is asking for an injury or a few hours in the county jail. Do you see how your attempts to de-escalate the situation only served to do the opposite?

Welcome to Bullshido...dumbass.
    I think he has a point here. Unless you somehow feel obliged to defend your fellow Blue Shirted man, why did you become involved beyond calling the police?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 4:57am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did blue shirt have a blonde mullet and call himself (Player 2) Ken?

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 5:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good thing I practice Raving-Derelict-Do, it prepares me for confrontations such as this.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 5:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Zeddy
    I think he has a point here. Unless you somehow feel obliged to defend your fellow Blue Shirted man, why did you become involved beyond calling the police?
    Bah, foolish mortal! I always have a point!

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 5:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I admit to being a little amused about his stretching routine messing with the guy's head. I always liked the idea of hiting them when they least expect it. ;)

Ka-Bar: everyone has a point - you have issues. :p

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 5:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Zeddy
    Ka-Bar: everyone has a point - you have issues. :p
    That goes without saying.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast