Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ATTN: ARMY IRR

This is not a political article. Be aware brothers and sisters.

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=5958

Screening of Obligated Individual Ready Reserve Soldiers for Possible Assignment to Army Reserve Units
    May 13, 2004

The Army's Human Resources Command - St. Louis (HRC-STL), is identifying Individual Ready Reserve Soldiers with a statutory Military Service Obligation (MSO) remaining for possible assignment to an Army Reserve unit. These Soldiers may be assigned to position vacancy requirements within designated Reserve units based upon the needs of the Army.

At this time, there have been no involuntary assignments of IRR Soldiers to any Army Reserve units. The HRC-STL is identifying IRR Soldiers for possible assignment. HRC-STL is responsible for the management of all Army IRR soldiers and has standard business processes in place.

The Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) consists of over 118,000 trained Soldiers who may be called upon to fill vacancies in Army Reserve units and may replace Soldiers in Active and Reserve Units. Part of the Army's Ready Reserve, the IRR involves individuals who have had training, served previously in the Active Component or the Selected Reserve (such as a member of an Army Reserve unit), and may have some period of military service obligation remaining. Unlike new recruits, these are seasoned, experienced Soldiers who can contribute significantly to Army readiness. All Soldiers have a statutory eight-year military service obligation (MSO), which is established at the time of entry into military service (Active or Reserve).

The IRR, as it exists, is mandated by Congress under Title 10 of the U.S. Code. In accordance with implementing instructions contained in Army Regulation 135-91, members of the IRR can be required to join an Army Reserve unit if they are statutorily obligated and have a skill needed by the Army.

If a member of the IRR desires to volunteer to join a Reserve unit, they may call the Army's Human Resources Command - St Louis at 1(800) 318-5298, or send an email to the appropriate office. More information on volunteering for mobilization is available within the Mobilization area of our site.

Additional questions and answers regarding this will be placed at a later date on the HRC-STL Web site: www.hrc.army.mil.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wastrel, in your infinite wisdom, is this really necessary?

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 9:39pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In May 1990 I ended my term of active service. As I still had 4 - 5 years left on my MSO, in January 1991 I was recalled from the IRR to active duty in support of Desert Shield/Storm.

They do it, it happens, and like war, the folks that sign up and either don't think it'll happen to them or ignore the fine print may well end up back in BDUs...

Necessary? Yes and no. Yes in order to give our troops currently overseas a much needed breather. No because we are supposed to hand that large chunk of kitty litter back to the ungrateful sots in a few months.

Just like humpin' a chick and your condom breaks - we need to pull out quickly and get back home.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 9:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Yiliquan1

Just like humpin' a chick and your condom breaks - we need to pull out quickly and get back home.
    That sounds like the ideal solution at first glance, but won't pulling out plunge the region into anarchy?

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 9:58pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My IRR commitment ended in 96. Thank God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anarchy may be the only thing that can resolve current power struggles. What the Bush team failed to understand, and what nearly EVERYONE fails to understand, is that the minute our mission changed from "Bomb the Bejeezus Out Of Em" to "Inspire Happy Thoughts of Love and Contentment" Iraqis effectively became a new American political constituency. Instead, they continue to imagine that even though American democracy requires careful, timely manipulation and attention to opinion, that all Iraq requires is the right figurehead to inspire capitulation. The army can't win that war; it's up to the president and his cabinet to do that.

Ka-Bar,
    I really couldn't say. Perhaps it wouldn't be necessary if the structure of the reserves wasn't completely retarded.

I found out this morning that my baby bro', freshly returned from Afghanistan, is scheduled to deploy to Iraq in November.

Good thing we're going to perform the official "handover" in June, eh?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 10:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    The army can't win that war; it's up to the president and his cabinet to do that.

Ka-Bar,
    I really couldn't say. Perhaps it wouldn't be necessary if the structure of the reserves wasn't completely retarded.

I found out this morning that my baby bro', freshly returned from Afghanistan, is scheduled to deploy to Iraq in November.

Good thing we're going to perform the official "handover" in June, eh?
    More "winning of hearts and minds," eh?

I'm sure the transition from CPA to Iraqi rule be as smooth as shards of glass.

BTW, best of luck to your brother.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 8:26am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best of luck to your brother.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony