Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
    Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor

Well we wanted to know if Connor can handle a top ranked wrestler guess we'll find out Saturday. It is as it should be he should've went though Mendes and Frankie anyway here's the line up.

Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Featherweight Chad Mendes vs. Conor McGregor [a]
    Welterweight Robbie Lawler (c) vs. Rory MacDonald [b]
    Featherweight Dennis Bermudez vs. Jeremy Stephens
    Welterweight Gunnar Nelson vs. Brandon Thatch
    Bantamweight Brad Pickett vs. Thomas Almeida
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Welterweight Matt Brown vs. Tim Means
    Welterweight Mike Swick vs. Alex Garcia
    Welterweight Cathal Pendred vs. John Howard
    Bantamweight Cody Garbrandt vs. Henry Briones
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Flyweight Neil Seery vs. Louis Smolka
    Lightweight Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Cody Pfister
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The hype train has reached the end of the line. Mendes is going to beat the snot out of McGregor.

Also, how the **** is Lawler vs. MacDonald not at the top of the card?

Style
    Shoo Sheetzoo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Also, how the **** is Lawler vs. MacDonald not at the top of the card?
    Yeah, I thought the same thing when I say it, I think they should get bumped up to the main event now that McGregor's fight isn't a title match.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzu View Post
    Yeah, I thought the same thing when I say it, I think they should get bumped up to the main event now that McGregor's fight isn't a title match.
    Well, I know the answer but it doesn't make the truth any less ridiculous. The answer is all those commercials they've been running to hype McGregor and make him their new poster boy. I'm afraid they've picked the wrong fucking horse though.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    McGregor is headlining because he draws attention to the sport more than Lawler does. Or to put it another way McGregor acts like a total dick so people want to watch him fight more than someone who acts bland. All of McGregors fights have been high energy and very entertaining and win or lose I don't see this fight being any different. I think it's a decent choice for the main.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    McGregor is headlining because he draws attention to the sport more than Lawler does. Or to put it another way McGregor acts like a total dick so people want to watch him fight more than someone who acts bland. All of McGregors fights have been high energy and very entertaining and win or lose I don't see this fight being any different. I think it's a decent choice for the main.
    Well, yeah. I don't really disagree. He draws attention. And now the UFC has put a lot of their eggs in one basket with him based more on his personality than his fighting ability. He's a good fighter. He's just not the best.

Mendes is also the Vegas underdog based on Conor's hype train. If you're a betting man, put your money on Mendes.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not so sure McGregor will get steamrolled here. Mendes took the fight on 2 weeks notice without the benefit of a proper camp while McGregor has had loads of time to prepare. True, both need to adapt to a completely new opponent, but I'd claim that McGregor is going to be in better fight shape than Mendes. Add to this McGregor's huge reach advantage over Mendes the Midget and you have a fairly good case for McGregor slapping him around handily.

I sincerely HOPE that Mendes puts McGregor in a wheelchair for life, like any sane human being would, but I'm favouring McGregor in this. The main question is whether McGregor can deal with wrestler like Mendes - he's been training for a muay thai murderer for months now, suddenly switching over and facing a strong wrestler instead may be too much for him.

Style
    Shoo Sheetzoo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I sincerely HOPE that Mendes puts McGregor in a wheelchair for life, like any sane human being would, but I'm favouring McGregor in this.
    Actually, I'm not sure every sane human being *would* wish permanent, crippling disability upon complete strangers. Not saying you have to like the guy, my own opinion of him is neutral at best, but damn, dude.

That said, I've thought Conor's looked slightly less impressive with every fight, so I've always been waiting for that one match-up that would derail the hype-train. He does of course have the benefit of a full camp behind him, which Mendes doesn't, but if anything's gonna stop Conor in his tracks, solid wrestling seems like a good bet.
    Last edited by Hadzu; 7/06/2015 1:00pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Not so sure McGregor will get steamrolled here. Mendes took the fight on 2 weeks notice without the benefit of a proper camp while McGregor has had loads of time to prepare. True, both need to adapt to a completely new opponent, but I'd claim that McGregor is going to be in better fight shape than Mendes. Add to this McGregor's huge reach advantage over Mendes the Midget and you have a fairly good case for McGregor slapping him around handily.

I sincerely HOPE that Mendes puts McGregor in a wheelchair for life, like any sane human being would, but I'm favouring McGregor in this. The main question is whether McGregor can deal with wrestler like Mendes - he's been training for a muay thai murderer for months now, suddenly switching over and facing a strong wrestler instead may be too much for him.
    Yup. Dat wrasslin' tho.

Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm kinda bummed for Aldo. The man had a good payday coming to him. C'est la vie.

After this show, it's high fucking time for Frankie Edgar to get some spotlight.

I've pegged Rory McDonald as an upcoming dominant champion since a while back. He's had a few hickups, but I think his reign starts now.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last