Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of the "deep web" is agents, with varying agendas.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/24/2015 11:52am at .

Style
    Isometrics
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People's idea of the "deep web" is skewed, they don't realize that every inbox folder of every email address is also part of the deep web.

That aside, I have downloaded Tor in the past and was not convinced I could safely cash in my bitcoins for heroin delivered to my door one link away from the recommended homepage.

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reslo View Post
    People's idea of the "deep web" is skewed, they don't realize that every inbox folder of every email address is also part of the deep web.
    The fact that you even refer to those as "web" shows how skewed your own ideas are. No, the "deep web" is not the entire internet or every possible location data is stored, it's limited to the hypertext protocols and what search engines can/can't see.

So, the deep web is actually a very, very, very small % of the total internet and everything connected to it. It's tiny, and so is the Surface Web.

A lot of email inboxes aren't accessible via what you call the internet, they're not "deep web" either. Even if they're webmail inboxes, they're not "deep web".

Public email domains are not "deep web" either. If I can route mail to you without doing anything special, your inbox is NOT in the "deep web". Sorry.

There are harder to reach places than the "Deep web", which is relatively simple to access, but not navigate or keep out of trouble while using.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/24/2015 1:50pm at .

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Deep" web is what is not easily remotely discoverable, so you can't use Google or Bing to find what's on it (generally...google fu is a thing and maybe what you want was indexed, but your search fu sucks).

Some people with amazing google fu can certainly reach past regular mortals..

You don't need Tor to access "Deep" web resources (you might want to, some of those resources are operated by bad people). In many cases "deep web" content is just regular web content that's been buried a bit, hard to find by computer but simple by hand if you know the sequence to follow...or password etc.

In a lot of cases it's what search engine's don't give a **** about until more recently, like images. For a long time most of the photos etc online were "deep web", until companies like Google began indexing them. In the old days they'd be skipped over. Google used to just look for HTML etc and index that... then Skynet er ahem Google became more self-aware.

Darknet is what most people are describing here, the "underworld" portion of the Deep Web that combines with the "difficult to inventory remotely by Google" with "probably engaged in mischief and under federal surveillance".
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/24/2015 2:10pm at .

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I looked into Tor out of curiosity after the Silk Road bust.
    I didn't make a point of digging deep enough to actually break any laws but I looked around to get a feel for the place.
    On the surface it appears to be mostly fishing scams. There's sights run by people who claim to be able to assasinate anyone in the world for 10k but they can't figure out how to use spellcheck.
    Drug, gun and credit card info dealers galore who are most certainly either rip offs or narcs of some sort.
    One thing that fascinated me was archives of notorious sites that were taken down by governments in the early days of the web.
    Emboldened by the promise of forbidden knowledge I dug deeper...
    ...and after 20 minutes of reading poorly written nihilist manifestos penned by angsty european teens I remembered that what passed for controversial in the 90s seems simple minded and naive in today's culture.
    Now while anyone on the deep web can make anything they want of their own corner it seems mostly given over to petty thought criminals and sheisters of various flavor.
    I was underwhelmed.

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Assuming you have the appropriate darknet access, the other thing you need to find whatever it is you're looking for, is a directory listing of "legitimate" deep/dark web services (ie the links that don't work via normal browsers).

There are many such listings available on the Surface Web... some more reputable than others.

Many listings like these are themselves hidden in the "deep web" and 100% kept from the public or even shared manually between a small circle of people (usually because they are involved in highly illegal ****). You don't want to know about these, or try very hard to find them.

However...many highly illegal links do make their way to these surface lists in order to attract broader clientele (e.g. "Unfriendlysolution – Legit hitman service")...but that's how the owner of Silk Road was arrested, trying to solicit a hit from an undercover agent.

So... even the criminals on the Dark Web have trouble figuring out who else is a legitimate criminal. Oh bother...cry me a river.

E.g: http://thehiddenwiki.org/

Use these TOR links at your own risk. I do not condone any of this activity, this information is being shared for educational purposes ONLY.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/24/2015 4:39pm at .

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    There's sights run by people who claim to be able to assasinate anyone in the world for 10k but they can't figure out how to use spellcheck.
    Their idiots.

Style
    講手
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your plan involves the deep web, you probably shouldn't be using the web for it at all. You probably also shouldn't be carrying it out in the first place, and should probably just kill yourself.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    If your plan involves the deep web, you probably shouldn't be using the web for it at all. You probably also shouldn't be carrying it out in the first place, and should probably just kill yourself.
    Are you saying I should just go out and buy my drugs from random guys on the street?

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Are you saying I should just go out and buy my drugs from random guys on the street?
    No your suppose to already have "a guy" not some random thug on the street that just happens to be an undercover cop anyways.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Page 2 of 2 First 12