Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I'm stuck on this part ....I really didn't know this was a "thing". This kid is 8 here, a bit young for this kind of thing imho. Little developing brains don't need this ****.

Look at this kid's accomplishments...he's only 10. At this rate he'll have over a thousand titles by the time he's my age.

He happens to be a clothing model for "Traditionz Wear", a line run by Cynthia Rothrock and Don the Dragon Wilson...what a coincidence.

I smell a big marketing network and campaign, and maybe an attempt to associate with success in order to self-promote.

When you rub elbows with a 10 year old with this record, AND he wants YOUR autograph, you know you've struck gold.
    I agree,kids that age dont' need to be doing full contact striking.

My first thought was "child exploitation".
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then there's this part, "Grandmaster" Hud claims to be the first person to bring the Korean martial art of the legendary Hwarang elite to the US in 1970, two years before the Joo Bang Lee brought Hwarang-do to the US in 1972.

http://www.hwarangmulsul.org/GRAND-MASTER--HUD-.html

He's created a whole hierarchy of "officers"...read this:

http://www.hwarangmulsul.org/HIERARC...-OFFICERS.html
    I think the whole thing is hinky. I don't know anything about Korean martial arts, history, etc., to know how to filter the whole Hwrang "elite" thing, either.

I mean, he ahs some sort of "korean yoga" on his website with boilerplate of women doing yoga.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then there's this part, "Grandmaster" Hud claims to be the first person to bring the Korean martial art of the legendary Hwarang elite to the US in 1970, two years before the Joo Bang Lee brought Hwarang-do to the US in 1972.

http://www.hwarangmulsul.org/GRAND-MASTER--HUD-.html

He's created a whole hierarchy of "officers"...read this:

http://www.hwarangmulsul.org/HIERARC...-OFFICERS.html
    Ugh... complete with vanity hall of fame awards...

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I think the whole thing is hinky. I don't know anything about Korean martial arts, history, etc., to know how to filter the whole Hwrang "elite" thing, either.

I mean, he ahs some sort of "korean yoga" on his website with boilerplate of women doing yoga.
    The Hwarang are Korea's legendary Buddhist knights from about the same time as the Shaolin Temple came to be in the first millennium AD. They definitely existed and are a huge part of Korean history and martial culture. They were elite as in everyone around them literally considered them an elite class of person including their own parents.

Hwarang-DO is a martial art of the 1960's created from a mix of Judo, Kendo, and the Buddhist (possibly even Chinese Shaolin-derived) fighting skills of Suahm Dosa, a well known Korean fighting monk (who we know existed and taught the Lee family his martial arts called Um Yang Kwon, which whatever it was influenced Hwarang-do (and presumably the other Korean arts like taekkyeon, hapkido, tae kwon do as well).

Suahm Dosa began teaching GM Joo Bang Lee and GM Joo Sang Lee at the Temple in North Korea. This was when the brothers were 4 and 5 years old and was the beginning of a father and son relationship between the brothers and the monk, which lasted for almost 30 years, from 1942 to 1969 when Suahm Dosa passed away.

The monk always said he was teaching 'the secret ancient Hwarang combat skills' which he called "Um Yang Kwon" (simply "hard and soft techniques/fist") and that he was the 57th generation to know these skills.

There were no syllabus, the brothers were the only students and simply learned from the monk from early in the morning to late at night. The material included martial art, advanced breathing and meditation techniques, as well as in sul (acupuncture and other healing skills). Suam Dosa always said that GM Lee and his brother were his only students, but there is no way of knowing if there were anyone else before them
    HOWEVER, "Grandmaster" Hud claims to be the GM not of Hwarang-do (the art created by the Lee family in the 60's based on judo+kendo+monk-fu), but the world's only GM of Hwarang (As in the native arts of the Hwarang of the first millennium AD). He claims to have gone to Korea, studied under a secret master of the real Hwarang arts, and is the sole proprietor of it in these United States.

I don't think I have to point out the potential here for the Hud Hwarang tale to be grade A bullshido. Suahm Dosa died the year before Hud claims to have brought Hwarang to America, but it appears he claims to be the only man on earth to have lineage to the art of Hwarang, which he is claiming is not Um Yang Kwon or Hwarang-do, but the art of the Silla Hwarang culture.

NOTE: For the public to understand we are NOT part of the Hwarang-do from California system or ever been under Mr. Joo Bang Lee. I have NEVER trained under that system of Hwarang-Do in California but trained under Hwarang under my master in South Korea ONLY!!. My master called it the proper name of Hwarang nothing else in Korea. The systems are completely different in many ways to what Mr. Joo Bang Lee teaches and what I teach as Hwa Rang Mul Sul system and they have NO connection what so ever!! NONE . Grand Master Hud.
    tl;dr

He is claiming he is the heir to the martial arts of a 1000+ year old ancient warrior culture of the Korean peninsula, and the only person to ever bring this to America.

That's quite an extraordinary claim.

There is not one video online of this from what I can tell.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/16/2015 8:38pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Hwarang are Korea's legendary Buddhist knights from about the same time as the Shaolin Temple came to be in the first millennium AD. They definitely existed and are a huge part of Korean history and martial culture. They were elite as in everyone around them literally considered them an elite class of person including their own parents.

Hwarang-DO is a martial art of the 1960's created from a mix of Judo, Kendo, and the Buddhist (possibly even Chinese Shaolin-derived) fighting skills of Suahm Dosa, a well known Korean fighting monk (who we know existed and taught the Lee family his martial arts called Um Yang Kwon, which whatever it was influenced Hwarang-do (and presumably the other Korean arts like taekkyeon, hapkido, tae kwon do as well).

HOWEVER, "Grandmaster" Hud claims to be the GM not of Hwarang-do (the art created by the Lee family in the 60's based on judo+kendo+monk-fu), but the world's only GM of Hwarang (As in the native arts of the Hwarang of the first millennium AD). He claims to have gone to Korea, studied under a secret master of the real Hwarang arts, and is the sole proprietor of it in these United States.

I don't think I have to point out the potential here for the Hud Hwarang tale to be grade A bullshido. Suahm Dosa died the year before Hud claims to have brought Hwarang to America, but it appears he claims to be the only man on earth to have lineage to the art of Hwarang, which he is claiming is not Um Yang Kwon or Hwarang-do, but the art of the Silla Hwarang culture.

tl;dr

He is claiming he is the heir to the martial arts of a 1000+ year old ancient warrior culture of the Korean peninsula, and the only person to ever bring this to America.

That's quite an extraordinary claim.

There is not one video online of this from what I can tell.
    He doesn't bother to tell the name of that Korean master, either. You'd think he would be able to do that to back up his claims.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, so here ya go...
    from his Facebook page...

This stuff bothers me.

Any LEO Bullies recognize this partially obscured badge ?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So GM Hud got this neat certificate:

From this well known martial artist: (that's him in the corner of the certificate)

http://radicalmartialrts.blogspot.co...ad-master.html

Does anyone know of any industry that has a wider range of deluded circle-jerk members than martial arts ?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, now Hud is apparently former...

Oh, and LRRP too...

He also has a large supply of what scanned newspaper clippings of jump school stuff on his Facebook page.

Can somebody who knows do that reverse image search thingy ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hud-G...=photos_stream

Not sure what to make of this...

Last edited by BKR; 6/17/2015 1:22pm at .

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    He doesn't bother to tell the name of that Korean master, either. You'd think he would be able to do that to back up his claims.
    It's interesting that the Lee family's story is that THEIR monk (whose identity we know) claimed to have only trained two people (two members of the Lee family), which would suggest whoever trained Hud (if anyone) wasn't THEIR monk. He would have had his own Hwarang fighting monk.

It's also interesting to note that Hud claims whoever taught him simply called the arts "Hwarang" which was a group of people, not a specific martial art. And, the Hwarang arts were like the Samurai arts....not just empty handed or melee weapons but also horseback, archery, military tactics, etc.

Now there was certainly than more than one Buddhist monk with fighting skills in Korea....so the probability is not zero. However the claim being as extraordinary as it is, I wonder where the actual evidence of "grandmastership" might be found.

"Grandmastership" requires you've actually trained other instructors/"masters" to the level required to teach students....and even then, for it to not be bullshido at least SOMEBODY in that tree has to be able to validate that what they've learned isn't garbage.

There is video out there of Hwarang-do gents fighting MMA guys and doing fine for the most part (MMA guys as expected have a better ground game).

Zero video out there of Hud's Hwarang anything expect him signing an autograph.

I'll keep looking.

Guns and badges don't scare me, you can buy both online.

I've got a legion of cops and lawyers behind me. I fight for the Users.

You have to be especially curious why anyone claiming to be a sworn government agent of ANY kind, former or current, posting pictures like that online. It's practically a red flag they are poseurs.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/17/2015 1:23pm at .

Style
    Pumping iron
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, it's called TinEye. You just drag the picture into their upload slot.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last