Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last
  1. #1
    jitschix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    166
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Prominent Houston BJJ Black Belt Steps Down As Academy Leader/Instructor



    Alvis Solis, owner and head instructor at Solis Martial Arts Academy in Humble, TX (just outside Houston) is stepping down from his leadership role there. Roy Davis, one of his students and black belts, will be the head instructor and manager of the SMAA organization for the foreseeable future.

    Alvis Solis is a third degree blackbelt in BJJ under Carlos Machado.

    We wish Mr. Davis and the remaining team of black belts, instructors, coaches and students the very best during this transition.

    http://www.solismartialarts.com/
    Last edited by jitschix; 4/18/2015 12:10am at .

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    It's about time.

    Houston,

    Your daughters and wives are now safe from sexual harassment now that Alvis has exited the building. I know many women who have been directly affected by this predator. Some may have been willing but many were not receptive to his blatant advances. He's hurt a lot of people that I personally know and hope that they will come here to this thread to shed some light on the subject.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    252
    Style
    BJJ, Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Usual View Post
    Houston,

    Your daughters and wives are now safe from sexual harassment now that Alvis has exited the building. I know many women who have been directly affected by this predator. Some may have been willing but many were not receptive to his blatant advances. He's hurt a lot of people that I personally know and hope that they will come here to this thread to shed some light on the subject.
    So, your first post here is to level accusations and make predictions that other people will show up to corroborate. I hope you'll excuse me if I'm skeptical.

  4. #4
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,209
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Usual View Post
    Houston,

    Your daughters and wives are now safe from sexual harassment now that Alvis has exited the building. I know many women who have been directly affected by this predator. Some may have been willing but many were not receptive to his blatant advances. He's hurt a lot of people that I personally know and hope that they will come here to this thread to shed some light on the subject.
    If you stayed shut the **** up when it was happening then stay that way now too, especially if you offer no proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

  5. #5
    jitschix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    166
    Style
    BJJ
    13
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    If you stayed shut the **** up when it was happening then stay that way now too, especially if you offer no proof.
    Bullshido, much as I love it, is not the end-all-be-all. People post things here to inform the community. They don't have to provide proof if all they're doing is saying "be aware." If you think about it for a minute, anyone posting under their real name, with "proof" (which probably wouldn't be video or photos... probably some kind of testimonial statement from someone else about what happened?) then they would stand to be sued for slander. Even if true.

    No one seems to get that slander lawsuits aren't free to defend, just because what you say is the truth. You still have to hire a lawyer and spend thousands of dollars.

    So what do you want for your community? do you want people to stay silent about abuse? What about abuse that isn't criminal (i.e. isn't sexual assault, per se) and thus cannot be the subject of a criminal complaint. Do you want people to be silent unless they are affluent enough to afford lawyers to defend them in lawsuits?
    Head of BJJ Investigations

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6
    Style
    BJJ
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    If you stayed shut the **** up when it was happening then stay that way now too, especially if you offer no proof.
    I left as soon as I found out. Thanks for the advice bro you're a genius.

  7. #7
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,432
    Style
    xingyi
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jitschix View Post
    Bullshido, much as I love it, is not the end-all-be-all. People post things here to inform the community. They don't have to provide proof if all they're doing is saying "be aware." If you think about it for a minute, anyone posting under their real name, with "proof" (which probably wouldn't be video or photos... probably some kind of testimonial statement from someone else about what happened?) then they would stand to be sued for slander. Even if true.

    No one seems to get that slander lawsuits aren't free to defend, just because what you say is the truth. You still have to hire a lawyer and spend thousands of dollars.

    So what do you want for your community? do you want people to stay silent about abuse? What about abuse that isn't criminal (i.e. isn't sexual assault, per se) and thus cannot be the subject of a criminal complaint. Do you want people to be silent unless they are affluent enough to afford lawyers to defend them in lawsuits?
    Interesting.
    No one said it was the end all be all.

    They a reiterating what has been said and warned with banning by mods, various lawyers and others for the 10 years I've been posting on Bullshido.
    If you think about it for a minute, anyone posting under their real name, with "proof" (which probably wouldn't be video or photos... probably some kind of testimonial statement from someone else about what happened?) then they would stand to be sued for slander. Even if true.
    Yet, people have done exactly this and provided proof before and after being warned.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/18/2015 11:04pm at .

  8. #8
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,209
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jitschix View Post
    Bullshido, much as I love it, is not the end-all-be-all. People post things here to inform the community. They don't have to provide proof if all they're doing is saying "be aware." If you think about it for a minute, anyone posting under their real name, with "proof" (which probably wouldn't be video or photos... probably some kind of testimonial statement from someone else about what happened?) then they would stand to be sued for slander. Even if true.

    No one seems to get that slander lawsuits aren't free to defend, just because what you say is the truth. You still have to hire a lawyer and spend thousands of dollars.

    So what do you want for your community? do you want people to stay silent about abuse? What about abuse that isn't criminal (i.e. isn't sexual assault, per se) and thus cannot be the subject of a criminal complaint. Do you want people to be silent unless they are affluent enough to afford lawyers to defend them in lawsuits?
    I know it's shitty and wish I had a solution, but to live by the sword is a personal choice. If you are not prepared to face the consequences of your actions then maybe you should sit this round out.

    Posting anonymously with no proof that someone who has just stepped down from their position and, to my knowledge, has never been accused of such actions IS a sexual predator cuz 'scared of repercussions' is not the way to go. I hold that silence is far better than the former route.

  9. #9
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,431
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't truth the defense to defamation in general?
    In this context the threat of litigation seems frivolous, but if that's not the case this site and anyone posting facts wrt investigations would seem to be exposed.
    Surely no one is suggesting that.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6
    Style
    BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Isn't truth the defense to defamation in general?
    In this context the threat of litigation seems frivolous, but if that's not the case this site and anyone posting facts wrt investigations would seem to be exposed.
    Surely no one is suggesting that.
    Look folks, the facts of the case are simple. This thread has been up for days and I do not see any of his loyal followers here defending his "good" name. They all know him and the chain of events that lead us to this point. I'm hoping that the people who have been affected will come out and say something. I never said I was harassed but I know plenty who have been. When I confronted Alvis about it of course all I got were denials. How does one specifically provide proof? I don't have a video or a recording. All I have is my good name in which I may consider providing here as this moves almg depending on the outcome.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in