Page 73 of 80 First ... 2363697071727374757677 ... Last
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Since when do politicians care about what "we" need? They care about making their donors happy, and, to a lesser extent, their constituents.
    Well, duh.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    I like that Clinton is depicted with a madman face when she says that she likes Australian gun laws. Australians must all be crazy.
    Thanks, I chose that picture carefully. Clinton is depicted with a madman face in a lot of foreign propaganda. So are most Republican and Democratic leaders.

The Vegas massacre is exposing the foreign influence over US citizens yet again, and yes it's in the form of FEAR and distrust of government. The Internet Research Agency and related groups are furiously at work to convince gun owners in America that both the GOP and Democrats are the enemy and are coming for their guns.

The reason is obvious, they are trying to stoke a Bolshevik-style revolution here in America, and if you know that history, just imagine it occurring with the kind of ordnance the average American could bring to bear on the government.

As we say in NJ, fugetaboutit...

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like that Clinton is depicted with a madman face when she says that she likes Australian gun laws. Australians must all be crazy.
    I think the point of the crazy face meme (beyond making Secretary Clinton look like a mad dictator) is that Australia had/has a massive firearm confiscation program, and has no equivalent to the 2nd Amendment. That appears to work for Australians (well it didn't cause open revolt anyway), who based on the month I spent running around their country last year, are pretty awesome folk. And I have no interest in telling Australians how to run their country. They're stalwart friends and allies, and generally nice people. Their politics is their business.

But when politicians in America, where the RKBA is specifically enumerated as something politicians aren't supposed to mess with, say that they aren't coming for your guns but really guys we should consider strict gun laws like the Australians, many of us get confused. Since the basis of Australia's strict gun laws was a mandatory buyback program. AKA confiscation.

Personally I think politicians who do the whole "don't want your guns but really, Australia, let's talk" song and dance A.) Think guns are icky and just want them out of sight and out of mind, B.) Don't actually know anything about Australia's gun laws and just say it because it is a commonly accepted Democrat talking point with face validity, or C.) Know exactly what they are saying and are hoping their constituents don't, won't research it, and will just parrot it as if it is a reasonable thing to say. It is not. It is a **** thing to say. Assuming the programming doesn't take, such a policy could cause civil war, or at least a bunch of deaths. I don't take it lightly or kindly, and I am a non militant socially liberal, fiscally conservative pro-individual rights independent. The many folk to the right of me really don't like it. They take it as fighting words.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Dearest Fake,

Cassius' statement is fallacious because it was an appeal to emotion. His facts and experience don't qualify hyperbole like "absolutely terrifying"
    (since when is fear a reasonable course?), and then the followup fallacy that I was making a personal, ad-hominem attack on him. If anything, you "experts" should be zen as Hindu calves.

I'm not arguing anything is true that can't be (or hasn't been) proven false. Remember that your open-ended qualitative liberal arts education and my sturdy, closed ended quantitative methods conflict often because we have a different worldview and research method and yours involves sound arguments, and mine involves putting claims out there to see what happens in an experimental fashion. Ergo, I love watching my claims get shot out of the sky, wrestled the ground, and occasionally buried.

Neither approach is invalid, but you are essentially arguing that the quantitative research method is false. No, it just looks different from all your formal and informal logical fallacies, because you are a debate god and I am a scientist and above all, a pragmatist. I like to see what works and what doesn't in action, you like to analyze people's words.

Whenever you think I argue something because I think it's "100% true", or argue people "who have hands on experience" is "false", you seem to lose sight of the fact that my worldview doesn't involve goal posts or argument logic at all. It involves simply making an assertion that I or others can validate with evidence, invalidate with evidence.

The whole "goal" of my subtopic was to test a hypothesis based on **** I saw in WIRED and Guns.com and Youtube.com. As far as I am concerned, my goals are met every time one of you destroys a hypothesis I make. Rinse, repeat.
    Ok, let's simplify this a little.

I don't like it when non-Subject Matter Experts create arbitrary technical rules for mechanical objects based on incomplete or intentionally misleading information. Whether or not Senator Feinstein intends it to, her bill will create unnecessary regulatory confusion.

Another recent example of why letting idiots dictate specific technical regulations was the BATFE's push to redefine Armor Piercing ammunition and change rules for significant sporting exceptions. Coupled with well meaning but poorly worded legislation in various states, it ran a real risk of accidentally causing blanket ammunition bans in said states, since most non-lead hunting ammunition is by USG definition, Armor Piercing. Whether or not that was intentional, arbitrary government overreach is the sort of thing I refer to as "absolutely terrifying." You are welcome to take that as an appeal to emotion or any logical fallacy you wish, but my stance remains that gun control legislation is largely a series of case studies in disastrous stupidity resulting in mass confusion and unnecessary regulatory encroachment upon individual rights.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically politicians on both sides of the aisle as well as the largest gun lobby in America, are acting out or taking advantage of public fear? Sounds about right.

I've already got my bump stock, or I could just make one with my cold, dead hands.

Now if they start coming after the 30+ weapons he had...then let's start getting alarmed. But really, only crazy people like Paddock really worry about that ****.

I just bought a new SR-22. I don't know if the killer sported one, but at least the law is still on my side in America. Mass shootings, no matter how elaborate, don't seem to have an impact on my gun rights.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/07/2017 12:26am at .

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are but we can also go to concerts without getting shot at. I mean mabye a drunken punch on at the end of the night but that is because he looked at my missus funny.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    We are but we can also go to concerts without getting shot at. I mean mabye a drunken punch on at the end of the night but that is because he looked at my missus funny.
    As if you need extra **** that will kill you in Australia. It’s a wonder any of you motherfuckers survive the wildlife and make it to adulthood.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    As if you need extra **** that will kill you in Australia. Itís a wonder any of you motherfuckers survive the wildlife and make it to adulthood.
    Cause snakes, sharks, crocodiles and pissed off kangaroos. How many firearms were turned in when the law to have the ability to protect oneself was changed? I'll guess some countries in some states here have more.

Different dynamic here. Tyranny of government oversight.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Cause snakes, sharks, crocodiles and pissed off kangaroos. How many firearms were turned in when the law to have the ability to protect oneself was changed? I'll guess some countries in some states here have more.

And spiders. Don't forget spiders.

Personally I think the peacock spider would be a great crazy dictator:

Aussies, fear the furry, hypnotically dancing dictator, now that you have no guns!

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post

I don't recall any law to have the ability to protect myself being overturned.

I protect myself just fine. That is why the jits. I got four stripes on that ************ by the way.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Page 73 of 80 First ... 2363697071727374757677 ... Last