Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 10:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But having said that what 3 martial arts session per week. Each session goes for 2 hrs. That wouldn't be over training now would it ?

And some martial arts you can't do for the rest of your life. Kyokushin, Muay Thai you certainly have a limited fight life there.Also the same with Judo. Thats a hard martial art on the body.Except for Aikido or Tai Chi. Those martial arts you can do no matter what age you are.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 10:20am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again Hannibal you open your ass to speak and surprise, surprise your advice stinks!

Especially about Judo! Come on we've posted multiple articles about 70 year old Judoka. And as far as those hard styles go you can still kick most peoples ass you just probably can't compete at the same level later in life.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 10:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can do MT or kyokushin for as long as you like, look at Jon Blumming, you CAN'T compete or go hard contact ALL the time, but you can still do them.

Overtraining is a very individualistic thing, depending on how much rest you get, how hard you train and what else you have going on in your life, 6 hours may be overtraining or just right, heck for some maybe 3 hours a week is too much and for others 8 hours is fine.

If you have no life and can sleep 12 hours a day with a nap in the afternoon, you can probably workout 2 times a day for 2 hours each time ( steroids help too).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 12:23pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train so often because I really DON'T have a life. There seems to be only one thing I'm interested in right now and that is to become an amature fighter. I wish I could make it to the gym more though for more structured training.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 1:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is because you're short isn't it? That's why all the overexuberance huh ronin?

One possible caveat to your points though: those of us in a learning stage of things may need to train longer than your pro-boxer because much of training may be drilling new stuff and only a smaller part practicing the whole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 1:24pm

Style: strength, judo, kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin=correct
    Example : the same applies in bodybuilding with the HIT training : short, intense workouts with lots of rest in between. It works!

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 1:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think it is 100% the sensei's fault. I believe many of us have the "warrior spirit" in us fostered by media, competition and pride that will drive us to punish our own bodies in an attempt to go beyond what other "regular" practitioners are doing.

"It is because you're short isn't it? "

LOL
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    5/12/2004 1:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, yes it is...
    **** !!!!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 3:44am

Style: Judo+BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by WhiteShark
    Once again Hannibal you open your ass to speak and surprise, surprise your advice stinks!

Especially about Judo! Come on we've posted multiple articles about 70 year old Judoka. And as far as those hard styles go you can still kick most peoples ass you just probably can't compete at the same level later in life.
    YEP. We have a female judoka at our club who got her shodan when she was sixty-nine years old! She's an amazing woman and she really knows her stuff.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 4:14am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really starting to feel the burn out with Judo. Approx 6 hours a week, now to 5 if I'm lucky. Today, I had to stop after 45 minutes. My left bicep was just burning and I no longer could pull.

Tired and sluggish, hard to sleep, like now, classic signs of burnout. I'd take tomorrow off, but our Main Instructor is back from National's and belt rankings might take place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast