Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Let me get this straight, she awarded a blue belt then went to a new club asked them for a skill review and they are like hey your more like a white w/ 2 stripes.
    She is like ok I am cool with that I will train as a white w/ 2 stripes at your club.
    The guy who gave her a blue is like hey that blue belt your not even wearing I am taking that away from you.
    So basically he is taking away something she has already given up?
    Then on top of that he wants to add to some internet drama by making a big deal out of it when she had already moved on?
    Awesome!
    Anybody wondering why she left the previous place she earned a blue belt ?

Apparently she wanted to train...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So... He flipped out because she switched schools, or because she started going to another school while going to one in his association, and his feelings were hurt. So he boo-hoo'd publicly, making it sound like this person emptied his retirement account or something.

And now that he publicly tells us the reason, he sounds like a child.

Leaning on that "We're a family" bullshit. No. She pays for a service, and decided to take her money elsewhere. Instructors always play up the family and team angle for student retention, maybe they even buy it, but when push comes to shove, most of them will treat you like it's "just business" when it suits them. No mortal sin was committed here. She quit a school and went to another, and the guy who lost business was trying to defame a whitebelt out of butthurt.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Style
    silat
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he didnt take away the rank, he "disavowed" it. meaning, as far as he is concerned, she accepted a demotion from her new club and instructor and moved on to the new club in less than respectful way, ie. dishonesty and ****-talking former club. if you take in the whole story(or as much as is presented) you will discover that she was also an employee of the original club so there.'s doubly disrespectful practices going on. the original club owner( K O) didnt post her name on facebook, her new instructor did, who by the by is her boyfriend.
    and just so some of you newbies and "pick and choose the parts I like" martial artist know, rank demotion is a longstanding act though not often practiced but fully supported by those of us who have been in the game for more than 5 min. This club owner is basically saying he has lines that he draws and they were crossed. if a student/teacher relationship is merely a business transaction, then good luck to the future of martial arts. i guess thats what we're seeing these days. an instructor accepts students and rejects students. end of story. if a student decides to move on and does it disrespectfully, then the instructor has the right to say "dont let the door hit you on the way out"

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordplumboy View Post
    he didnt take away the rank, he "disavowed" it. meaning, as far as he is concerned, she accepted a demotion from her new club and instructor and moved on to the new club in less than respectful way, ie. dishonesty and ****-talking former club. if you take in the whole story(or as much as is presented) you will discover that she was also an employee of the original club so there.'s doubly disrespectful practices going on. the original club owner( K O) didnt post her name on facebook, her new instructor did, who by the by is her boyfriend.
    and just so some of you newbies and "pick and choose the parts I like" martial artist know, rank demotion is a longstanding act though not often practiced but fully supported by those of us who have been in the game for more than 5 min. This club owner is basically saying he has lines that he draws and they were crossed. if a student/teacher relationship is merely a business transaction, then good luck to the future of martial arts. i guess thats what we're seeing these days. an instructor accepts students and rejects students. end of story. if a student decides to move on and does it disrespectfully, then the instructor has the right to say "dont let the door hit you on the way out"
    Oh isn't that cute, bump a 2 year old thread to be pissed about some old ass drama.
    The newbie above you is a BJJ Black Belt.
    The newbie above him is a Judo Black Belt for DECADES.
    The newbie above him is a BJJ Purple Belt, A Judo Black Belt and a Ninja.
    This newbie is a Third Degree Black Belt in a mcdojo art.

Minus one person, I know the rest of us newbies are or were instructors. Also, we've dealt with rank demotion. Heck, there is a lie floating around about me and my old Mcdojo art I quit. Someone argued with me, not knowing who I was, about how I left the art. It was funny, until I put a stop to it because I saved all of the old email exchanges showing how I stepped down and was STILL welcomed at any school, but not the one where I taught.

Be mad all you want, but leave the appeal to authority in your back pocket. He has every right, I am laughing at you arguing about the semantics of disavow, to kick her our of the school and suggest his "family" not honor her rank. Yet, I THOROUGHLY disagree with his passive aggressive rhetoric in the letter. Oh and way to go following in the head instructors footsteps.

"OMG, they are doubly worse because they are dating and she was an employee." dunh dunh dunh...

Who cares 2 years later? Oh, my bad, you do.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/01/2017 1:02am at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What sort of nonsense are you writing about ? If I award rank to someone, it's legit, and it's theirs. I don't care if they end up a convicted felon, I won't take away their duly and properly awarded rank.

Her former teachers are running some kind of cult, not a martial arts school.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do people look for old threads about themselves or their schools and necro them? Generally no one gives a **** anymore and they never actually managed to refute anything, so all they do is look stupid and remind people what happened.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    Why do people look for old threads about themselves or their schools and necro them? Generally no one gives a **** anymore and they never actually managed to refute anything, so all they do is look stupid and remind people what happened.
    But but but gotta win the interwebz for fearless leader...

Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it's very funny to see people treat MA rank like military ranks, i.e. a measure of prestige, privilege and responsibility when in fact it's originally a measure of effectiveness and dangerousness. you can remove a guy's privilege but you can't remove the fact that said guy can kill you easy as pie.

p.s. why is it that when i read plumboy, i feel it's very ghey? like cherryboy or sumthin'...

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he didnt take away the rank, he "disavowed" it. meaning, as far as he is concerned, she accepted a demotion from her new club
    Let it go, she already has

moved on to the new club in less than respectful way.
    Let it go, she already has

she was also an employee of the original club
    This fucking maters why?

who by the by is her boyfriend.
    This fucking maters why?

and just so some of you newbies and "pick and choose the parts I like" martial artist know, rank demotion is a longstanding act though not often practiced but fully supported by those of us who have been in the game for more than 5 min.
    Seriously no one and I mean no one gave a **** about the rank loss, certainly not the young lady who gave it up already.

This club owner is basically saying he has lines that he draws and they were crossed.
    Yep he is going to take away something you already gave away sounds like something to be seriously worried about.......

an instructor accepts students and rejects students. end of story. if a student decides to move on and does it disrespectfully, then the instructor has the right to say "dont let the door hit you on the way out"
    You know it works the same way in reverse students are welcome to say **** this **** I am going else where.
    The funny thing here is their is no fucking drama she left and went about her merry fucking way. Most like a fucking blue belt again if she kept on training.
    What did she lose? NOT A FUCKING THING.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Anybody wondering why she left the previous place she earned a blue belt ?

Apparently she wanted to train...
    Maybe she fell in love with the other school's instructor.

Who cares, anyway.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last