Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2004 2:18pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I slammed him on a carpet, but there's not cushining really, it's like a concrete. He kept his head up and landed with his back flat. I'm sure it hurt but not enough to end it. It probabaly took more outta me than him but if he was smaller I could've prolly slammed him multiple times, still it's a waste of energy, unless your stuck in a triangle than it might be useful.

About Bill Kazmier I forgot he does roids, he prolly doesn't have anyballs have to think up a new strategy

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    5/14/2004 6:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me see mikus, how to explain, first off just like I said and then JohnnyS said when you are triangling someone (or even armbarring) and they attempt to stand up and slam you just underhook his leg with one arm on the side your angled out on, if he attempts to use alot of force to stand up while you are doing this one can either just stop him by holding the leg, or even hold on to this leg while pulling his head down towards the ground with your figure foured legs thus getting on top with the triangle. If for some reason he breaks out of the triangle while standing up and you have an arm hooked under his leg you can still sweep him in many cases by holding/pulling the leg while "pulling" him down with your legs, or if you can trap an arm the armbar is always a nice transitional move from this position. If you lose all control of the head with your legs while still hooking under a leg with your arm I usually "roll/headstand" toward and to the side of my opponent (letting my legs go free from my opponents body) by using my free arm/hand to push off and kind of do a backwards hand/headstand while still holding on to the leg with my underhooked arm, one is then basically in a position for a single leg takedown (though your underhooked arm is sort of reversed from the normal single leg takedown.). For someone who is just trying to stand up in your guard when you don't have a triangle/armbar I usually open my guard and use a sweep, usually the simplest, and one of my favorites, is to open your guard while grabbing their ankles, you then bring your legs down to the point where you can almost touch your knees together but you still have your ankles near their hips, you then push forward with your legs lifting your hips, while at the same time pulling on the ankles, I'm sure most people who grapple know about this old standby.
    Last edited by stoogejitsu; 5/14/2004 6:23am at .
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678