Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holiday Beer Update.

You lighter beer drinker should be alert and know that Great Lakes' Christmas Ale (aka: Christmas Crack) is **** this year. It tastes like a honey mead got pissed in by a coriander and clove powdered sewer rat. Christmas Crack ( the actual recipe) appears to be being run out of Thirsty Dog. I repeat 12 Dogs of Christmas Ale by Thirsty Dog is the aletist formerly known as Great Lakes Christmas Ale.

Madtree's Thundersnow is still neck and neck with Great Lakes' Blackout Stout as the greatest seasonal beers in the world. Hopefully they (Great Lakes) can pull the rotted camel corpse out of their brewery and fix their Christmas Ale. Maybe even fix their marketing, offer the Blackout Stout in 6 packs and bring that **** up to 12% or at least bring it back up to 10% you bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went through a week of hellish amounts of work, and now I am in Crestline, California, visiting dear friends and meeting new ones.
    Relaxing all day feels so weird. I feel a bit guilty, and not sure what to do with myself, but am working on enjoying it!
    Unfortunately, my friends are having some marriage difficulties, and hearing all about that in the middle of a long visit is um. Discomfiting. Oy.
    Still, lovely here. I miss my partners, wish I could have brought one along, especially the fiance.
    It's healthy to interact with non-partners as just me, too, though.
    The house is gorgeous. I'm in a lovely guest room, all wood panels and forest views.
    Diet's totally fucked, probably until I get home again.
    But I'm still alive, and trying to use this vacation time to give my body time to heal.
    Happy harvest feast, everybody!

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    Went driving today round some of the test routes for practice. Was ok.

Went to the local swimming pool and gym centre thats related to my job chain. Swimming was harder than I expected. Arms fatigued quickly and I felt like a lead weight. but it was a good workout in itself.

Didnt get the job but I did meet the standard they wanted, so I am on a reserve position, meaning i could potentially be hired anytime from now till 12 months today... not sure if twiddling my thumbs is going to be beneficial, while I wait for a position.

Ah well, passing my test will open new doors for work in other towns nearby.
    Unlucky mate - did they tell you were you didn't meet the grade/areas to work on? Most companies are fairly good at providing that kind of feedback. Although you were unsuccessful its always a good learning opportunity.

Style
    Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got blown to work cycling today - high winds which were thankfully behind me....

My project has kicked into high gear, have a team of techies currently beavering away to install and configure the new software/hardware. I'm doing my best to stop various business stakeholders bugging them/getting in their way so they can get on with their jobs rather than give pointless "management updates".

I'm also trying to work out my budget for next year, I know how much I have and I have a feeling I'm going to blow it by June next year.... Time to take in laundry.

For you lot shoveling turkey down your throats - happy thanksgiving.

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Got blown to work cycling today
    oh my.

I got back from my mental health assessment yesterday, they dont think I have anything to worry about with things like borderline or anything like that, though they suspect there's some deep rooted shame issues I need to look at.

Spent the afternoon at judo after that, working on uchimata and kankan uchimata. I really like the latter throw, and my ura nage and and tomoe nage are becoming throws I am consistently landing. I feel Im starting to find the throws that are working for me a bit better. Signed up for a competition in a few weeks.

Got a cardio session coming up, and Im starting to find the weight loss is coming now. Got myself down to 88.5 for now, and thats after eating. gonna aim for 86 by the end of the year.

Swimming is going well, Ive been doing some squats and deadlifts, a lot more core work and just generally going for the big muscle groups with moderate weight (60-70 percent of what I have been doing) and going for endurance by doing as many sets of 5 as I can. Combining this with sprints, cycling, swimming, I should be the leanest and meanest I've ever been.
    Last edited by kimjonghng; 11/23/2017 8:35am at .

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thoroughly approve of squats and deadlifts. I terms of volume there are a lot of ways you could do it, might want to try to doing 50 reps of around 65-70% of personal best, doesn't matter if you do 15,10, 20 etc just as long as you get to the 50. I find it's a killer with squats

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Thoroughly approve of squats and deadlifts. I terms of volume there are a lot of ways you could do it, might want to try to doing 50 reps of around 65-70% of personal best, doesn't matter if you do 15,10, 20 etc just as long as you get to the 50. I find it's a killer with squats
    Definitely something I'll keep in mind for the next time Im at the gym.

Anywho I have a shift now till 11 at work so I'll tune in later.

There were all the curl bros in tonight at the gym and they were cheating on form so much, Im surprised Taylor swift hasnt made an album out of it

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    oh my.

I got back from my mental health assessment yesterday, they dont think I have anything to worry about with things like borderline or anything like that, though they suspect there's some deep rooted shame issues I need to look at.

Spent the afternoon at judo after that, working on uchimata and kankan uchimata. I really like the latter throw, and my ura nage and and tomoe nage are becoming throws I am consistently landing. I feel Im starting to find the throws that are working for me a bit better. Signed up for a competition in a few weeks.

Got a cardio session coming up, and Im starting to find the weight loss is coming now. Got myself down to 88.5 for now, and thats after eating. gonna aim for 86 by the end of the year.

Swimming is going well, Ive been doing some squats and deadlifts, a lot more core work and just generally going for the big muscle groups with moderate weight (60-70 percent of what I have been doing) and going for endurance by doing as many sets of 5 as I can. Combining this with sprints, cycling, swimming, I should be the leanest and meanest I've ever been.
    It's "ken ken", BTW. Unless you're up on the stage in a costume dancing.

See you're not crazy after all no matter what your parents say.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl