Style
    Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yesterday, I visited someone near and dear to me for a few minutes.

Went to the Somalian food place, ate more goat.

Cleaned for 5 hours, 15 minutes. Sciatica was really really bad, but I (with the help of pain meds) soldiered through it.

Met up with that high school friend again, after, for a small 4 person party. We ate parfait, played Cards Against Humanity, talked about our pasts.

This guy dropped out of high school after 3 semesters. Now he is a software engineer renting a 3 story townhouse with 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, by himself, in the SF Bay Area. This is an insanely great accomplishment even for someone with multiple degrees. I'd say he was a lucky bastard, but he worked hard at learning everything he could about programming to get there. He also seems to be a really great human being.

He gifted me with very warm socks and some yogurt.

Today I bought some groceries and cat food, fed the couch-living housemate, and now I am putting more purple and blue in my hair. I have decided that I love it and it makes me happy, so it is staying. Bought a chemo cap to wear at the dojo so I don't stain our expensive white mats.

I still intend to start classes again Tuesday night, if the sciatica permits. If it absolutely doesn't, then Thursday, even if I can only do 10 minutes.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Have bow inside back door. Cause skunks and city limits.
    That sucks...raccoons are worse...count your blessings.

Son#1 has been chasing coyote at his Mom's place.

I gave him some slugs, a choke wrench, and an IC choke tube to take home after the game.

Plus a cougar attacked his neighbor's mare earlier this week. Somebody needs to bring Out some hounds...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Would offer a snow cone to wipe tomorrow's burning ass but it'd melt before delivery.

Tomorrow is Jesus day. You'll be okay. See you here after.
    I think Monkey needs to go Catholic...confession is good for the soul.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I think Monkey needs to go Catholic
    It has been quite a while since I had a pe....

...confession is good for the soul.
    Catholics are basically pagans dancing naked in the woods. The new Pope seems to be a nice fellow tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    That sucks...raccoons are worse...count your blessings.

Son#1 has been chasing coyote at his Mom's place.

I gave him some slugs, a choke wrench, and an IC choke tube to take home after the game.

Plus a cougar attacked his neighbor's mare earlier this week. Somebody needs to bring Out some hounds...
    Trapped in an earlier life and agree, raccoons are lb for lb the meanest you can get. Okay, badgers and pissed off momma bears maybe.

Where's Wrabbit/Pship? We gotta talk New Jersey and survivalism. The only other forum I frequent and rarely post in. Cause mostly about prepping.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    It has been quite a while since I had a pe....

Catholics are basically pagans dancing naked in the woods. The new Pope seems to be a nice fellow tho.
    Whom amongst us does not appreciate nude dancing? In the woods or not.

Heresy I say. Begone and make way for yon necked flesh. Blue head or flaming bush.

No offense Eve. Love you lady!
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 10/07/2017 11:39pm at . Reason: Punctuation and whiskey

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm still working on PT and probably won't be cleared to do anything like Judo for another few months, but it turns out there's a Shotokan place five blocks from my apartment. It's not a replacement for proper live training, but it's better than doing nothing and I may learn something interesting.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    ...what? There's no group in the world that has ruined pagan dancing in the woods more than the Catholic church. The cathic MO is to spread across the Earth telling the locals to put on clothes and go inside.

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go a way for a bit, and when I return, you guys are talking about pagans dancing naked.

You are my kind of people. Blessed Samhain!

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    ...what? There's no group in the world that has ruined pagan dancing in the woods more than the Catholic church. The cathic MO is to spread across the Earth telling the locals to put on clothes and go inside.
    My understanding is that pagans are overrated and that they had rituals very similar to christians/catholics, just with a stupider cosmology.
    At least, if we speak of pagans of societies/cultures close to the period when christianity/catholicism did spread.