Style
    Kyokushin
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Re: auto repair class. Not a terrible idea, but really, you basically need a basic pallette of tools, a jack, jack stands, and YouTube. The occasional specialty tool (eg suspension work) will either be available to rent or even as a loaner from the big parts stores. The tools will be going on big doorbuster type sales during the holiday season, the Lowes and Home Depot store brands are fine for the likes of us. Other than that, you only need a bit of determination, and occasionally a second set of hands. I refuse to do exhaust work, imternal engine and transmission repair are probably beyond me, but everything else is on the table at least.
    Thanks!

Huh, that's true about YouTube, actually. I think I could probably learn from there.

Canceled my shrink appointment today. Just didn't want to go. Going next week instead.

Sado is still happening, though. I'd drag myself to that half-dead. I kinda feel half-dead right now, really.

My ACL replacement is acting up. Sometimes if I bend my knee in my sleep, it cramps like a ************. Nightmares and pain last night. Headache starting up today.

Sado won't fix the pain, but it'll clear my head.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Huh, that's true about YouTube, actually. I think I could probably learn from there.
    YouTube is remarkable for some things. I've taught myself to refinish my hardwood floors, and rebuild my foundation lately.

Edit: or you can watch stupid people try to eat obviously inedible things, and/or pop enormous pimples and cysts.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Re: auto repair class. Not a terrible idea, but really, you basically need a basic pallette of tools, a jack, jack stands, and YouTube. The occasional specialty tool (eg suspension work) will either be available to rent or even as a loaner from the big parts stores. The tools will be going on big doorbuster type sales during the holiday season, the Lowes and Home Depot store brands are fine for the likes of us. Other than that, you only need a bit of determination, and occasionally a second set of hands. I refuse to do exhaust work, imternal engine and transmission repair are probably beyond me, but everything else is on the table at least.
    Aww, the engine's the coolest part... you haven't lived until you've bead-blasted pistons.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Seriously, I like the burning idea. Have never liked the poisons and am one of the few in the neighborhood that has weeds in the lawn to any extent. Twice a year spot spraying and only got in one early this year.
    Speaking of poisons...be very cautious about burning weeds. Make sure you (carefully) remove poisonous plants from the area first.

You NEVER want to burn poison ivy or any other urushiol-bearing plant (oak, sumac).

It can seriously injure or kill you to breathe it.

When there are major wildfires, burnt poison ivy/oak/sumac fumes become a dangerous, wind-blown hazard that can kill you just by getting near it, especially if you're an allergic type.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/poison-ivy-oak-sumac
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 8/31/2017 4:18pm at .

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got around to registering the vehicles, today. I'm getting the Desert Storm plates with the SW Asia medal on. I was at the outer edge of legal, good to have it done. The tax collector line, here, was remarkably small, having just done the same process in Florida less than 3 months ago.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Speaking of poisons...be very cautious about burning weeds. Make sure you (carefully) remove poisonous plants from the area first.

You NEVER want to burn poison ivy or any other urushiol-bearing plant (oak, sumac).

It can seriously injure or kill you to breathe it.

When there are major wildfires, burnt poison ivy/oak/sumac fumes become a dangerous, wind-blown hazard that can kill you just by getting near it, especially if you're an allergic type.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/poison-ivy-oak-sumac
    I'm so allergic to poison ivy et al I break out thinking about it...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I'm so allergic to poison ivy et al I break out thinking about it...
    I'm so allergic to poison ivy I'm starting to itch making this post.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I'm so allergic to poison ivy I'm starting to itch making this post.
    How's weed wacking going?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    How's weed wacking going?
    Hasn't happened. Maybe this weekend.

Or next year.

There were two species of wasp in that one holly. The little yellow bastiches (is that correct spelling?) are still there. I side kicked the trunk and they came out in mass. Unfortunately the bush is next to cedar lap and gap. Torching is not an option. Upside, the foot is strong enough to support my weight for side kicks again. Downside, the little critters don't fight on a points system.

It's almost dark. Again.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 8/31/2017 7:49pm at . Reason: Round 3

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got my money back. That's the last time I buy something from cabelas.