1. #5011
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,270
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    "This hunting **** is a piece of cake..."
    Right?

    On the flight to Alaska my Dad said it was apparent that he'd barely even given a thought to what they were about to do. To him it was just the next adventure in a life full of adventures. My Dad had picked his rifle for him months before along with a corresponding model in a smaller caliber so he could get some practice in. He never bothered, I don't think. And then on the flight my Dad was telling him all the **** he should and shouldn't do for safety reasons. He casually looked up from his magazine and was like, "Oh, we can get killed doing this ****, can't we?"

  2. #5012
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    4,832
    Style
    BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I have had people tell me that bear meat is not the best.

    I would like to find out for myself one day...
    I've had a few. Three, I think, none of them my personal bag. Flavor and texture can vary, but depends heavily also on the preparation, and your own personal tastes. I've eaten a lot more venison, but - so far - I prefer bear. I also prefer boar and duck over venison, but I prefer venison over goat, sheep, veal, rabbit. Go figure.

  3. #5013
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I have had people tell me that bear meat is not the best.

    I would like to find out for myself one day...

    For now, an Alaskan brown bear hunt remains on the bucket list.

    Maybe I will start with a black bear hunt sometime in the next couple years.
    Bear meat... Black Bear is edible for sure, although quality depends on what the animal has been eating.

    I've read that Brown/Grizzly bear meat is generally considered inedible, with some exceptions, depending on diet.

    I read somewhere that you do not have to keep the flesh of Brown/Grizzly bears killed in Alaska, probably on one of the hunting forums I monitor. If true, that says a lot about how edible the meat is, on average.

    Here, you have to keep the meat of any black bear you shoot, and take the hide and skull if not the whole animal to a Fish and Game check station. Same with Mountain Lions (which are also quite edible, you know, cat, the other white meat). If you don't keep the meat, it is called game wasting, and it's a crime.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #5014

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bear stew is amazing.


  5. #5015
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,499
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ortho appointment went well enough, I guess. Physical therapy starts next thursday. I got cleared to do what ever I thought was reasonable with the caveat of no contact and no impact... He has more faith in my judgement than I do. I am waiting till thursday's appointment and talk to my actual therapist till I push that.

    Did some exercise and shadow boxing and stuff. It feels no better, nor any worse despite my busy and physically demanding day sooo ...

    Thanks Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  6. #5016

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,188
    Style
    MMA, Grappling
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Ortho appointment went well enough, I guess. Physical therapy starts next thursday. I got cleared to do what ever I thought was reasonable with the caveat of no contact and no impact... He has more faith in my judgement than I do. I am waiting till thursday's appointment and talk to my actual therapist till I push that.

    Did some exercise and shadow boxing and stuff. It feels no better, nor any worse despite my busy and physically demanding day sooo ...

    Thanks Obama.
    I'm glad you're moving around dude, hopefully you can rehab enough to get some contact or rolling in again. Stay positive, I'm sure that it's not easy.

    Oh yeah, and I'm starting to miss having an eloquent, smart guy as president already.

  7. #5017
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,499
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    I'm glad you're moving around dude, hopefully you can rehab enough to get some contact or rolling in again. Stay positive, I'm sure that it's not easy.

    Oh yeah, and I'm starting to miss having an eloquent, smart guy as president already.
    Thank you. I am glad your still on goal, you are right? At least mostly?

    I still think Trump is some sort of genius Lizard Alien dressed in an orangutan suit who is completely lost cause he was given bad info like 50 years ago and has just been ad libbing since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  8. #5018
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,043
    Style
    judo hiatus
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three more days and we get to see record arrests not seen since the Vietnam era. All in the name of protest or anarchy.

  9. #5019
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,499
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah... I am going to have to grab my protest kit and make sure everything is still good to go. I haven't pulled out my gas mask and tools since Bush Jr... I am pretty sure things will go smooth here in Cinci but yeah ... other communities have already spotted false flag plans and criminal inciters from both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  10. #5020
    D Dempsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    855
    Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Ortho appointment went well enough, I guess. Physical therapy starts next thursday. I got cleared to do what ever I thought was reasonable with the caveat of no contact and no impact... He has more faith in my judgement than I do. I am waiting till thursday's appointment and talk to my actual therapist till I push that.

    Did some exercise and shadow boxing and stuff. It feels no better, nor any worse despite my busy and physically demanding day sooo ...

    Thanks Obama.
    I've got a video series in my Google Drive of low impact moving, breathing, and stretching exercises I can send you if you're interested. It's Russian based and super-weird, bit it's a solid series.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in