1. #1001
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Places run from about $75-$150/mo and most will cut a deal with you out here.

    On the rent side we started to look at places closer to work just so that we have an idea. They are running $2200-$2600/mo.
    Lol then I have to hear my Dad complain about his $500/mo mortgage...
    I could afford a $500/month mortgage. Not sure I want to live in a double wide, though...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #1002
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,141
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Dude there are legends in the BJJ world around here that don't even come close to charging that.
    That is fucking insane.
    Renzo Gracie Philly was literally half of that. It boggle my mind.

  3. #1003
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Renzo Gracie Philly was literally half of that. It boggle my mind.
    How much is the Judo where you are working out ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #1004
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,141
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    How much is the Judo where you are working out ?
    $30/month. However, it's so far away from where I work that I'll never be able to make it during the week. Also, the BJJ place isn't even in Portland. It's way the **** out in a shitty part of Beaverton. This is insane.

  5. #1005
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,781
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I could afford a $500/month mortgage. Not sure I want to live in a double wide, though...
    haha the worse part is he is in a nice normal sized house in walking distance of the beach down on the Gulf Coast.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  6. #1006
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,781
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    $30/month. However, it's so far away from where I work that I'll never be able to make it during the week. Also, the BJJ place isn't even in Portland. It's way the **** out in a shitty part of Beaverton. This is insane.
    lol this on the other hand is funny cause the Judo places around here are also ~$100/mo except a few community center ones.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  7. #1007
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,141
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    lol this on the other hand is funny cause the Judo places around here are also ~$100/mo except a few community center ones.
    Yeah, this Judo club meets in the mat room at a community center. The other Judo places in Portland aren't much more expensive though. Distance is important for me though, because no driving.

  8. #1008
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    haha the worse part is he is in a nice normal sized house in walking distance of the beach down on the Gulf Coast.
    I was pretty sure he wasn't in SOCAL, LOL !

    I don't think I could live in a really humid place again. After all those years in New Orleans, I have finally dried out...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #1009
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    lol this on the other hand is funny cause the Judo places around here are also ~$100/mo except a few community center ones.
    Well, in Creston, BC, we are around $75-$80/month, so go figure. That is about break-even.

    We do have to make rent and utilities every month, and do fund raising as well. It's a private dojo, in new building, central heat and air, dressing rooms, showers, and all that, though.

    Here is a shot that gives an idea... and yeah, that's me attempting a crappy Uchi Mata in randori.

    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #1010
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Yeah, this Judo club meets in the mat room at a community center. The other Judo places in Portland aren't much more expensive though. Distance is important for me though, because no driving.
    I understand your situation. Keep on plugging away...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in