Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Places run from about $75-$150/mo and most will cut a deal with you out here.

On the rent side we started to look at places closer to work just so that we have an idea. They are running $2200-$2600/mo.
    Lol then I have to hear my Dad complain about his $500/mo mortgage...
    I could afford a $500/month mortgage. Not sure I want to live in a double wide, though...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude there are legends in the BJJ world around here that don't even come close to charging that.
    That is fucking insane.
    Renzo Gracie Philly was literally half of that. It boggle my mind.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Renzo Gracie Philly was literally half of that. It boggle my mind.
    How much is the Judo where you are working out ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    How much is the Judo where you are working out ?
    $30/month. However, it's so far away from where I work that I'll never be able to make it during the week. Also, the BJJ place isn't even in Portland. It's way the **** out in a shitty part of Beaverton. This is insane.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I could afford a $500/month mortgage. Not sure I want to live in a double wide, though...
    haha the worse part is he is in a nice normal sized house in walking distance of the beach down on the Gulf Coast.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $30/month. However, it's so far away from where I work that I'll never be able to make it during the week. Also, the BJJ place isn't even in Portland. It's way the **** out in a shitty part of Beaverton. This is insane.
    lol this on the other hand is funny cause the Judo places around here are also ~$100/mo except a few community center ones.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol this on the other hand is funny cause the Judo places around here are also ~$100/mo except a few community center ones.
    Yeah, this Judo club meets in the mat room at a community center. The other Judo places in Portland aren't much more expensive though. Distance is important for me though, because no driving.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha the worse part is he is in a nice normal sized house in walking distance of the beach down on the Gulf Coast.
    I was pretty sure he wasn't in SOCAL, LOL !

I don't think I could live in a really humid place again. After all those years in New Orleans, I have finally dried out...

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, in Creston, BC, we are around $75-$80/month, so go figure. That is about break-even.

We do have to make rent and utilities every month, and do fund raising as well. It's a private dojo, in new building, central heat and air, dressing rooms, showers, and all that, though.

Here is a shot that gives an idea... and yeah, that's me attempting a crappy Uchi Mata in randori.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, this Judo club meets in the mat room at a community center. The other Judo places in Portland aren't much more expensive though. Distance is important for me though, because no driving.
    I understand your situation. Keep on plugging away...