Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    yOU THINK thiS is SOMe random reuqst!?!
    Mush Rabbit Mush !!

HAHAHHAHAH!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been perusing his videos...
    Dreaded Internals...https://images.replacements.com/imag...523S0068T2.jpg

Fella is truly warped, despite any sense he might appear to make.

Arm toning videos too...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    The ancient CMA method of eye-toughening.
    Iron retina style. There's a similar technique where you strengthen your arteries by reading an Economist article on US foreign policy every day to give yourself very minor aneurysms

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just FYI, I'm making you all wait on purpose, but don't fret. Worth it.

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "To Spar or Not to Spar", pg. 217.

"Sparring (free fighting) is one of the worst things a practitioner can do to try and gain true fighting ability."
    This statement sums of the entire essay, and Ondash is clearly describing the free-form method of "anything goes" sparring where two people meet and go at it, while arguing against that practice in favor of constant drilling.

Of chief concern is "mirroring habits", where people copy each other, something picked up while sparring (he linked to another essay, OF PARROTS AND CHAMELEONS)

Of secondary concern come a variety of bugaboos: "suffer from the loss of explosiveness", "limited versatility", "excessive muscular tensions", "technical favoritism", as well as "many other terrible and unbreakable habits". According to Ondash this leads to habits such as "uncessary retreating", "flinching", "cowering", "dropping the guard", "not retracting kicks", and using "pure muscular effort". The solution according to Ondash is a"broad spectrum of conceptual and technical analysis drills" instead of "arbitrary sparring practice".

That's just the first paragraph.

Next paragraph: "becoming mistake-less when faced with a real fighting situation", and sparring will "not make someone better at real fighting; in fact, it will make them much, much worse".

Tune in next time..
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/15/2017 11:08pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    "To Spar or Not to Spar", pg. 217.

This statement sums of the entire essay, and Ondash is clearly describing the free-form method of "anything goes" sparring where two people meet and go at it, while arguing against that practice in favor of constant drilling.

Of chief concern is "mirroring habits", where people copy each other, something picked up while sparring.

Of secondary concern come a variety of bugaboos: "suffer from the loss of explosiveness", "limited versatility", "excessive muscular tensions", "technical favoritism", as well as "many other terrible and unbreakable habits". According to Ondash this leads to habits such as "uncessary retreating", "flinching", "cowering", "dropping the guard", "not retracting kicks", and using "pure muscular effort". The solution according to Ondash is a"broad spectrum of conceptual and technical analysis drills" instead of "arbitrary sparring practice".

That's just the first paragraph.

Next paragraph: "becoming mistake-less when faced with a real fighting situation", and sparring will "not make someone better at real fighting; in fact, it will make them much, much worse".

Tune in next time..
    Dude is a serious mess.

He said sup a straw man and then proceeds to pretend to knock it down.

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Dude is a serious mess. He said sup a straw man and then proceeds to pretend to knock it down.
    It gets worse fast. Next up is "free sparring", leading to "faking the process of fighting", leading the defender to retreat and the attack to flail.

"They are just partners and not real foe, right?".
    From there he goes on about
    "unnecessary clinching which often accompanies their futile fighting efforts"

I'm stuck in a section about how bad it is to use heavy bags, referencing another essay called "KARATE VERSUS KUNG-FU The Power Struggle"

"the bag also tends to stifle the wind and release characteristics of the waist and spine".
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/15/2017 11:57pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It gets worse fast. Next up is "free sparring", leading to "faking the process of fighting", leading the defender to retreat and the attack to flail.

From there he goes on about...

I'm stuck in a section about how bad it is to use heavy bags, referencing another essay called "KARATE VERSUS KUNG-FU The Power Struggle"
    High level parody?

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    High level parody?
    Not possible, given the authors's experience with Bullshido.

Read the entire thread. It's short.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not possible, given the authors's experience with Bullshido.

Read the entire thread. It's short.
    I read it when it came out I believe and I've read it again recently.

Sometimes I'm just incredulous at the level of a delusion.

And that's after putting up with my own delusion.

Page 21 of 24 First ... 111718192021222324 Last