Page 12 of 24 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last

Thread: Paper Tigers

Style
    Shotokan
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Part 2.

When I get out to the work out floor the bigger guy is out there stretching out, as I thought he was wearing a brown belt. My students and other instructors are socializing with each other. I call out out to one of the other instructors to go sit down.

"Did you want to do rounds?" I asked the guy.

"No"

"So we go until one of us gives up?"

"Yes"

At the time I thought this guy was crazy.

"Okay" I saluted and bowed to him, "ready when you are"

The guy got up bowed and we both started to move to the middle of the work-out floor. When I was in range I waited for him to make the first step and when he did I went "Old School Gracie" on him. Yes, I dropped, shot and to the guy down. I then grabbed his leg and threw him in an old school ankle lock. (BTW did I mention this was a hard floor not a mat?) He started to tap and I yelled "Do you give up?"

All he did was tap and yell out so I let him go. I got up and everybody started clapping and cheering as I walked away from him.

He yelled out "You didn't say we were doing ground stuff!"

"I asked you what rules you wanted...."

"Well I wasn't ready, I didn't know you guys fought on the ground too."

I bowed to him "I guess we're done", I turned to the other guy, "Now you?" and he raised his and up and said "Nah dude, I'm fine."

The bigger guy spoke up "I wasn't ready, I want another match now that I know we can fight on the ground."

I shrugged my shoulders "Sure dude" and I started walking out to the middle of the floor again and started bouncing around. The bigger guy followed suit. I nodded a bow and he followed suit and we both moved methodically toward the center. I faked a shot and the guy went to immediately defend the takedown. I punched the guy in the forehead and reshot for the exact same hold I got on him before. This time he fought it off for a few more seconds and then he tapped. This time I honored the tap and let go after holding it for a second longer.

I got up this time but there was nothing but quite murmuring as I'm sure everybody was wondering what was coming next. The guy got up and said "Okay, so you're better at me on the ground but what about your stand up?"

At this point I realized I should have just turned this guy down from the beginning. Ah, but my ego was big and tradition still stands.

"Fine" I said abruptly. I did a quick bow and said "Let's go"

At this point he moved a bit slower as he saw how annoyed I was as I bounced up and down and paced waiting for him to reenter the floor. As he did he did an abrupt nod of his head I took as a bow and I assumed a kickboxing stance and waited for him to get into range. I plowed a leg kick into his leg spinning him around into a 540 spin. I proceeded to circle outside counter clockwise until he orientated himself toward me again. I faked a one/two combination and plowed a full force leg kick again dropping him to the ground. He had forgotten about our no ground fighting and he shot a charge at me where I prominently slapped him across the face (Did I mention that this was bear knuckle?) and he tumbled to the ground. Again I continued to circle to his back until he orientated himself to face me. I proceeded to follow this formula for about 2 more minutes. Every once in awhile hitting him with the jab/cross on his forehead but pretty much landing nearly a half dozen leg kicks before he finally switched stances. There I proceeded to throw side kicks and switching to inside and outside leg kicks.

Finally I got tired of the little dance we were playing. I came in with a high kick to his head and staggered him. I then proceeded to leg kick him consecutively 4 times in a row with the 4th kick turning him upside down where he wacked his head on the ground.

Several of my students and his friend got up to see if he was okay. I walked away and waited for him to get up. They started to get him up "So do we continue?" He shook his head and they helped him get off the floor.

I try to make small chit chat after the fight and the rest of the night was pretty much awash. The sad thing about all that is that I actually get along with their instructor.

PS.

That was 1995.
    I applaud the level of restraint you showed given how annoyed you must have been at this point.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Yes, but do you have experience?"

"Yes we do, we do XX Karate."

Everything came to light at that point. There was this fairly hardcore karate studio who told their lower students that they were skilled enough to take out the normal blackbelts.

"So you train with Sensei J?"

"Yes, so you know who he is?"

It was Kreese wasn't it?!

Style
    Taiji/Hsingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFolkBlues View Post
    We do White Crane at my school, a yin style, but did his posture seem a little odd to those of you guys who've done Tai Chi? Also, it seemed like he could have been a little more relaxed, which I suppose makes sense considering all that has already been discussed.
    He looks like he does the 'yang' style as taught by YangYwingMing...ing....ing..

I thought it was **** and very 'try hard to look all internal'. He seemed dead in the waist and his movements were unconnected. Just my opinion.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    I applaud the level of restraint you showed given how annoyed you must have been at this point.
    Actually kicking the crap out of somebody's leg or wailing on a person's body is what I do when I want to teach somebody a lesson. KO's they only go night night.

Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Yes

Yes it was.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    LOL beginner. Your memory is never clouded by a good ass beating. I've seen more people excuse a lock or KO, than a long punishing beating.

Style
    Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    LOL beginner. Your memory is never clouded by a good ass beating. I've seen more people excuse a lock or KO, than a long punishing beating.
    Fair enough. It just seemed that Omega could have punished that guy a lot more harshly; then again, I'm supposing the idea is to punish him enough to where he doesn't forget it.

Style
    Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually kicking the crap out of somebody's leg or wailing on a person's body is what I do when I want to teach somebody a lesson. KO's they only go night night.
    Did you ever see this person again? Did he learn his lesson?

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Every time you post on of these video I desperately wish there was a Hung Gar instructor in Portland.

Sorry about the "General's Mandate"..

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post

Yes

Yes it was.
    The only better way to finish that story would have been if you grabbed him in chokehold and started screaming "How does second place feel now?!"
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.jjknight.com

Fight for Her #3

They took her.

I canít believe it.

Striker and his thug fighter friends kidnapped Maddie.

I donít know how, or when, or where, but there will be vengeance.

And there is one thing I can guarantee.

I will be the last man standing.
    _________

Donít start this one late at night if you have to go to work in the morning.
    **** the gift card, the author deserves full price. I've been Streetgasming for the past five hours just reading the book descriptions.

Page 12 of 24 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last