Page 2 of 33 First 12345612 ... Last

Style
    sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is NO SECRET that we started putting grappling , particularly ground grappling, into what we were doing starting around 1991...

Here

Much, though not all, came from when I was friendly with Mark Tripp. I recently had a rather nasty argument with Mark RE the Trayvon Martin case (no, you can not make this stuff up) but regardless, he showed me a lot of stuff....I will give him his due..

Considering I introduced Mark Tripp to my students as my grappling instructor in Toronto at a tournament, how was I lying about where my material was coming from?

As I have said, would it have been "better" heck "cool" to have a BJJ black belt teaching at my school back then? YES, but not an option

Matt apparently is now questioning whether there was a Machado affiliate in NYC in 1990's... Fabio Clemente was the rep at that time.. the Marcos brothers were underbelts ther at the time... the Machoado had a much more open philosophy at that time, ie not the "gracie challenge"

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nysanda View Post
    It is NO SECRET that we started putting grappling , particularly ground grappling, into what we were doing starting around 1991...

Here

Much, though not all, came from when I was friendly with Mark Tripp.
    How does being "friendly with Mark Tripp" make you a grappling instructor? How much time did you spend training under him? Did he rank you? Did he certify you as an instructor as he did for others in your state like Chris Herzog? When this was discussed in his forum, I don't recall your attending more than 1 seminar of his.

but regardless, he showed me a lot of stuff....I will give him his due..
    When did he show this to you? At his seminar? One afternoon at Gene Lebell's tournament?

Considering I introduced Mark Tripp to my students as my grappling instructor in Toronto at a tournament, how was I lying about where my material was coming from?
    From your site:

Quote Originally Posted by About Sifu David Ross
    About Sifu David A Ross

Sifu David A Ross is an internationally recognized instructor and one of three senior Lama Kung-Fu/Mongolian wrestling disciples of Grandmaster Chan Tai-San. Under Grandmaster Chan Tai-San's direction, Sifu Ross learned the four essential elements of the Lama Kung-Fu/Mongolian wrestling system;
    1) Tek (kicking and sweeping)
    2) Da (striking)
    3) Seut (grappling)
    4) Na (submission)

Already holding a teaching certificate in Hung Ga (5 animal) kung-fu, second degree black belts in Korean Taekwondo and Hapkido, first degree black belts in Japanese Karate (Shotokan) and Jiu-Jitsu, and having trained in Muay Thai, Sifu Ross discovered the truly unique aspect of Master Chan Tai-San's system. Its strength lies in the fact that it combines all the necessary elements of fighting into a single unified system of combat. For this reason, Sifu Ross dedicated himself to this method.

Sifu Ross has been teaching people to defend themselves for over 12 years and is personally dedicated to guiding each and every student to achieve their personal best. As coach of the New York Kung-Fu Academy Team, Sifu Ross only hopes he is able to pass along the wonderful knowledge and techniques he learned from his teacher. So far, he says he has been extremely lucky because the team has given 100% of their effort and attention and have come quite a long way.
    Mongolian wrestling (Shuai-Jiao) is one of the five major schools of wrestling found in China and also influenced the Russian system of Sambo. Unlike many forms of wrestling, it has always been considered a combat grappling system and will teach you both standing and ground grappling. In particular, students will learn many devastating full body throws designed to end the conflict immediately.

However, when these techniques are not readily available, you will also learn other throws and takedowns, ground grappling and submissions. The ground grappling taught includes basic positioning, escapes and reversals. Submissions for every part of the body are used. The most common submissions include arm locks, leg locks, chokes, neck cranks, and spine locks.

Idealy, the throws and takedowns will place the student in the top position. However, there are also defensive techniques and even submissions that can be used from the bottom.

Students learning Mongolian wrestling will have opportunities to test their skills in submission grappling, Shuai-Jiao and Jiu-Jitsu tournaments. A student from the program placed 3rd at the Gene LeBell Grapplers' Challenge, an international tournament held in Toronto, Canada.
    That's everything from your old site on the subject of the grappling curriculum. Where does it say anything about Clemente or even Tripp?

As I have said, would it have been "better" heck "cool" to have a BJJ black belt teaching at my school back then? YES, but not an option
    What would have been "better" was for you to not to be teaching at all, since you were not trained, and did not have permission to be teaching the subject. Instead you advertised this curriculum in a manner that implies a "Mongolian" origin instead of just saying you were a n00b white belt teaching without permission or supervision.

Matt apparently is now questioning whether there was a Machado affiliate in NYC in 1990's... Fabio Clemente was the rep at that time.. the Marcos brothers were underbelts ther at the time... the Machoado had a much more open philosophy at that time, ie not the "gracie challenge"
    Correct. I just confirmed this with Lindsay Machado. I questioned it; I did not say it was false.

https://web.archive.org/web/19991003...hou/index.html
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Style
    sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark taught me stuff and had no problem with me teaching it to my people, in fact, when some of my guys used the jaw lock at the Toronto event he was rather happy about it. Was I "qualified"? My guys fought and won... and the fact that I was still cross training and trying to better myself is irrelevent... I still cross train....

Mark didn't give me any rank, and I wasn't interested in any rank.. all I wanted to do was learn stuff. Daniel Weng the Shuai Jiao guy wanted to give me some rank once, I wasn't interested... damned if you do, damned if you don't... they make fun of people who run around collection rank, now they want to know what rank I collected?

Is Mongolian Shuai Jiao part of what Chan Tai San taught? YES. Did someone who trained under him learn it. YES. So is it accurate to say I learned some Mongolian Shuai Jiao.. obviously YES....

Again, it's irrelevent to your nonsense... we were trying to make more rounded martial artists, and I was trying to be one... blah blah blah.. I was a white belt at the Machado affiliate... everyone's a white belt some time, and in my opinion, even if you are an instructor in something else, you should be able to put on a white belt and learn something new.....

Are you now backing off from that story of yours about something at Redline?

You're engaged in a lot of double talk... but I don't mind, because I already know, if you hate me, you're gonna believe what you want anyway, not matter how hard truth is blinking in front of your face

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not backing off from anything, I simply messaged others for corroboration.

Mark taught me stuff and had no problem with me teaching it to my people, in fact, when some of my guys used the jaw lock at the Toronto event he was rather happy about it. Was I "qualified"? My guys fought and won... and the fact that I was still cross training and trying to better myself is irrelevent... I still cross train....

Mark didn't give me any rank, and I wasn't interested in any rank.. all I wanted to do was learn stuff. Daniel Weng the Shuai Jiao guy wanted to give me some rank once, I wasn't interested... damned if you do, damned if you don't... they make fun of people who run around collection rank, now they want to know what rank I collected?

Is Mongolian Shuai Jiao part of what Chan Tai San taught? YES. Did someone who trained under him learn it. YES. So is it accurate to say I learned some Mongolian Shuai Jiao.. obviously YES....

Again, it's irrelevent to your nonsense... we were trying to make more rounded martial artists, and I was trying to be one... blah blah blah.. I was a white belt at the Machado affiliate... everyone's a white belt some time, and in my opinion, even if you are an instructor in something else, you should be able to put on a white belt and learn something new.....
    What I see is that in your world it is OK to teach BJJ as a no-stripe white as long as you create the impression on your website that it's "Mongolian Shuai Jiao".

in fact, when some of my guys used the jaw lock at the Toronto event he was rather happy about it.
    It was Steve Koepfer that Mark showed that jaw lock to that day. You clearly just implied Mark taught it to you, and you taught it to Steve. Do you ever stop?

Style
    sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time I checked, Adam Resnick is not Stephen Koepfer.. Koepfer did not win his match with a jaw lock and Adam Resnick did... and he didn't learn it at the tournament and then use it... You weren't in Toronto, so all you can offer is hearsay on this... just saying

and my students were competing all over the place and doing ok.... just saying

You just want to keep saying BJJ don't you? We were adding whatever we could to round out what we were doing.. so a lot of it was Mark Tripp's stuff.. again, he had no issue with us doing it.

I was teaching my students to the best I could, and they were doing alright....

The fact I was cross training myself also really has nothing to do with it...

Yeah, you're right, I should have stayed just a traditional martial artist talking about how deadly TMA is (/sarcasm)

Say what you want, over 20 years I've proved I have good methods for teaching people practical skills....

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my students were competing all over the place and doing ok.... just saying

You just want to keep saying BJJ don't you? We were adding whatever we could to round out what we were doing.. so a lot of it was Mark Tripp's stuff.. again, he had no issue with us doing it.

I was teaching my students to the best I could, and they were doing alright....

The fact I was cross training myself also really has nothing to do with it...

Yeah, you're right, I should have stayed just a traditional martial artist talking about how deadly TMA is (/sarcasm)
    So marketing white belt grappling lessons as Kung Fu is OK as long as you barely trained in more than one system. Got it. I wonder how many recall that you packaged that material as "Lama Kung Fu Anti-Grappling" and sold it as instructional videos in major magazines.

Your self-permission to teach and give rank in grappling seems to derive from your opinion that Lama Kung Fu + Crappling is better than Lama Kung Fu alone. Is it conversely acceptable for a grappling instructor to give out rank in Lama Pai under the argument that Grappling + Lama Pai is better than Grappling alone?

Here's a few questions for you:

(1) How many times a week did you train at Clemente's and for what period of time?

(2) How many times a week did you train with Mark Tripp and for what period of time?

(3) Could you please give the name of someone you rolled with in a school in which you were not instructor. Anyone will do, even if just at an open mat.

(4) You have said elsewhere that you were cross trained in Sambo, Judo and Wrestling as well as BJJ. Can you tell me where you trained these and with whom?

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Much, though not all, came from when I was friendly with Mark Tripp... he showed me a lot of stuff....I will give him his due..

You just want to keep saying BJJ don't you? We were adding whatever we could to round out what we were doing.. so a lot of it was Mark Tripp's stuff..

I don't think I need to say any more. David Ross is a delusional idiot.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    I see the thought police are in full swing. Thanks for culling my comment but not W.rabbits troll. thanks for changing my avatar without my consent. Thanks for culling every post I ever made into one ridiculous thread that has no context. I don't post here becasue it's become an even worse pithole than it used to be, if thats possible.

My question was completely valid and reasonable. Why does Dave Ross use this "end of the line" video taken when the guy is notably out of shape and at the end of his viable ability to prove something he himself couldn't do in 25 years? Not a defense of Kaparos but more an indictment of Ross intentions.
    The problem with Ross is that he's picks on people as a way of deflecting attention from the fact that he's done similar or worse **** himself. The dude stole contributions intended for sick children for ****'s sake, and has engaged in the worst kind of crappling profiteering. He's as bad or worse than anyone he's criticized, as his just getting caught red handed lying through his teeth about his training relationship with Tripp make plain as day. That and the ridiculous insult to Bullshido's intelligence showing that letter from St Jude's and expecting no one to notice it was for the wrong event. This is Bullshido for ****'s sake; people pay attention to details here.

Take your show somewhere else, Ross, Bullshido is not a weapon you can use in your pathetic quest to bully other people for your own failings.

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More Lies From David Ross

Regarding this so called incident where I hit a fighter and was thretened with being thrown out of Redline, where is there ANY evidence of this outside of Matt's claims?

I relayed to you what could be the only incident even remotely similar to this; a student did not continue and his TEAM MATE, a certain brandon Jones began screaming at him. No one was touched, much less hit, and if anything, I was the one telling Brandon to cool off... So, where is there anything indicating I hit a fighter and was threatened to be kicked out of the building?
    I had the pleasure of having a long face to face conversation with Coach Rosado this morning, and he confirmed the incident I mentioned. Specifically, he confirmed that you (Ross) screamed at and repeatedly slapped a fighter from NY SanDa in the ready-room at Redline Fight Sports after he quit during a smoker match. Moreover, he confirmed that he warned you to "knock it off" or you would be ejected from the gym. He also reminded me that his top student, Kin Moy (Strikestanian on Bullshido) witnessed this as well. Feel free to call Rosado a liar; I will contact Kin next, and we'll keep running through the list of others who saw the same thing (Ryan McDermott, etc).

Ross, you FUCKWIT, it is a *smoker*; it's not something you can even lose, much less bring shame on anyone by conceding defeat. Who the **** do you think you are treating a fighter like that in a public place? IIRC the poor guy was abandoned by you, left behind in Boston, and had to take the bus home alone.

You're truly disgusting.

Style
    講手
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Phillips speaks the truth. I walked in this morning. Paul confirmed the story.

Page 2 of 33 First 12345612 ... Last