Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2014 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just going to assume you and your partner use the same stance (orthodox or southpaw, it doesn't matter).

The elbow punch could certainly be effective, followed by your choice of kick(s). The punch will likely move the arm out of your way, but then you would have to worry about changing ranges (medium/long to close range) mid-combo, which is why I mentioned following up with a kick or two.

I think what wingchunx2z referred to would also be effective, if I interpreted his description correctly. This sounds like what has been taught to me as a Dutch Handle. Simply knock his hand down with your lead hand, and superman punch/cross the bullshit out of his stalling ass.

This is my fellow striking noob advice. I would love to hear what you wind up using to overcome this situation.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    8/09/2014 1:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    In this situation pak sao (similar to a boxing parry but drive forwards and across instead of just slightly pawing) the arm down and back into him and move in for your strikes.

I personally use pak sao chain punch to get him moving backwards then as he tries to square up you can go back to muay thai and leg kick hm.

Depends if elbows are being used. Or he can limp arm.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    8/09/2014 9:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah sorry limp arm.

Imagine a game of tug of war where one side let's go and the other side falls over. If someone is putting pressure on you arm one option is to allow that pressure to be successful and hopefully they over balance.

Specifically here a parry is usually in front of the elbow but if I parry this outstretched hand and they are quick they can let that happen bend their arm and mush you in the face with an elbow while your guard is basically swept to the side.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2014 1:26pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah sorry limp arm.

Imagine a game of tug of war where one side let's go and the other side falls over. If someone is putting pressure on you arm one option is to allow that pressure to be successful and hopefully they over balance.

Specifically here a parry is usually in front of the elbow but if I parry this outstretched hand and they are quick they can let that happen bend their arm and mush you in the face with an elbow while your guard is basically swept to the side.
    Yeah when I pak sao I usually do it to the elbow or behind for this reason. Once behind the elbow I have a lot of leverage to push ti back into their body. Good detail to bring up, thanks.

Posted On:
    8/09/2014 7:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    No it really doesn't work like that. Not sure why. Maybe because they are not going forwards?
    That's exactly it. They can reposition their hand to counter yours.

But seeing as his arm is stationary that allows you use the other methods that you guys have suggested. (Punching elbow, raising arm, pushing arm to outside etc..)

Posted On:
    8/10/2014 7:45am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW an uppercut to the armpit is quite painful . Another important thing to remember is that some folks use this technique to keep you at a certain range, waiting to catch you with their right hand the moment you try something like a perry or slipping etc. So if you choose to perry, use your right hand more(assume both orthodox).
    You can also step or lean a bit back and to the right, let him extend his hand again towards you and just as he comes close slap his glove hard (with your left) down and immediately come over his hand with a right cross. If he is a tall dude and getting to his face is hard, punching his shoulder or pecs is also effective enough

Posted On:
    8/11/2014 5:08am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would hook his elbow, on the outside or uppercut his funny bone on the inside.
    Also palm with left hand and hit is wrist or hand with knuckles with right hand, at the same time so hand is sandwiched.

Posted On:
    8/11/2014 7:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could hook his elbow on the outside, or uppercut his funny bone on the inside.
    Bob and weave like Tyson used to move forward and knock his chin out!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123