Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 8:13am

Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    1911's are fun to shoot...and if you insist on buying a heavy gun that doesn't hold many rounds and is a major pain in the ass to strip and clean...the answer is COLT.

I own a single 1911. And it's a Colt.
    Wait, what? Both mine have full-length recoil rods, so they field strip in a couple seconds without tools, and I can break one down to it's components, aside from the grip bushings and the sights, in about five minutes if I have a small nail.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 8:22am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Wait, what? Both mine have full-length recoil rods, so they field strip in a couple seconds without tools, and I can break one down to it's components, aside from the grip bushings and the sights, in about five minutes if I have a small nail.
    If you are comparing the 1911 to a Glock, it is a major pain in the ass to strip and clean. If you are used to Berettas and 1911s, it is relatively easy.

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 9:47am

Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can compare it to a 229, I may be less susceptible to ass pain than the general public.

Wait... I mean.. ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    8/19/2014 4:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can break down my S&W officers 1911 without any tools at all. Easy to clean and break down.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/20/2014 3:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just ran across a listing for a Colt Wiley Clapp Government Model for relatively cheap.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p....+SER+70+45ACP Again, as far as Colt's go, I think this is one of the best values for money. It's build using a Series '70 for a base gun, so it doesn't have the Series 80 firing pin block that some like to hate on so much, and it has most of the contemporary upgrades (lowered and flared ejection port, beavertail grip safety, enhanced combat sights, high grip cut under trigger guard, front strap checkering, and beveled magazine well).
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/20/2014 4:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few things to keep in mind for the first time 1911 buyer:

1. Forged v.s. cast v.s. MIM - there are endless debates on Internet gun forum on this topic. Most purists prefer forged slides and frames and parts that are either forged or machined from bar stock. This is one of the areas that will drive up the price of any 1911 pistol, as cast and MIM parts are a lot cheaper to manufacture.

2. Made in the USA v.s. imported - this is largely a matter of personal preference, but if you want a pistol that is 100% manufactured in the USA, it will be more expensive.

3. pre-Series 80 v.s. Series 80 v.s. Schwartz Firing Pin Safety - like forged v.s. cast, there is endless and fierce debate over firing pin safeties. Critics argue that they are unnecessary and many argue that they screw up the trigger pull. Others argue that unless one is going for a trigger pull under 4lbs, that most shooters can't tell the difference and that the added safety is worth the added complication in diss-assembly and re-assembly.

4. Features - since the 1911 is over 100 years old, the list of modifications to the original basic design is extensive. Typically, the more modifications, the higher the price. When buying a 1911, one should try and go with what features fits one's particular needs and preferences.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    8/20/2014 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got a grip safety, and thumb safety. Very safe gun. Have to disengage those two and then pull the trigger.

I like the longer thumb safety on mine, it was a pro series. but for the price I got it at, it was a steal as many of the features were included that would have had to have been added later by a smith.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2014 6:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    I just ran across a listing for a Colt Wiley Clapp Government Model for relatively cheap.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p....+SER+70+45ACP Again, as far as Colt's go, I think this is one of the best values for money. It's build using a Series '70 for a base gun, so it doesn't have the Series 80 firing pin block that some like to hate on so much, and it has most of the contemporary upgrades (lowered and flared ejection port, beavertail grip safety, enhanced combat sights, high grip cut under trigger guard, front strap checkering, and beveled magazine well).
    Now this is funny. I was just looking at this gun last night.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/20/2014 7:21pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bought a $600 Springfield Mil-Spec a couple months ago. Next I'm going to throw almost all the parts in a shoe box and replace them with $1,500 worth of other parts I bought, investing countless hours in the process. Not exactly the easy way to do things but I'm more excited than a kid on Christmas. I've been waiting a while to do this. I plan to make this one my baby.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/20/2014 7:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've found a couple of ranges that have a few of the 1911's I want and some you've recommended. So, I'm going to go test shooting and see what I like.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast