Sponsored Links Spacer Image

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 2:57am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by K876 View Post
    What I think is douchey is trying to make millions off some paragraph in a book.
    Don't forget Kyle also went on the radio and TV and publicly named Ventura. He didn't need to do that, yet he did, and now the price is being paid.

I think the real issue here is that a lot of people have a lot of emotional investment in Kyle's stories and the invasion of Iraq in general, so they're going to lash out at anyone who upsets the narrative they have established in their heads.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 3:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyle was in the wrong and I'm not defending what he did, but I don't think it's wise to try examine this case in a vacuum and switch out the parties for some unknowns like plumbers or tax attorneys.

The basis of Ventura's claim is that he lost work because of this, which I think is total bullshit. His career has been in the toilet for a long time, largely due to his looney tunes conspiracy theory crap. No one can substantiate just how much (if any) business he lost, because his business is being a celebrity. He ruined his own reputation a long time ago, and now tries to profit from anyone who hurts his feelings. At the end of the day he's entitled to do so, but that doesn't make him any less of a dick. I think this settlement will cost him more than if he had just accepted an apology, because now people consider him even more of a douchebag, which will kill what's left of his career.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 7:43am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kyle was in the wrong and I'm not defending what he did, but I don't think it's wise to try examine this case in a vacuum and switch out the parties for some unknowns like plumbers or tax attorneys.
    It is wise, it is the basis of law. You study cases of unknowns, go read the court documents, which are then applied to cases like this one. They used legal statuettes and unknown cases to get the Estate to replace Kyle when he was murdered. Also, I am talking about stars who are the ones who mainly file defamation suits. It's supposed to be the neutrality, lol, of law. You take away celebrity status, military heroism, race etc. You make your decision based on the facts alone. Yes, like the people are a random plumber or tax attorney. We all know that is hard, but the case IS supposed to be looked at in a "vacuum." Yes, I've sat on a few juries. Yes, they tell you to ignore everything, but the facts of the case.

The basis of Ventura's claim is that he lost work because of this, which I think is total bullshit. His career has been in the toilet for a long time, largely due to his looney tunes conspiracy theory crap. No one can substantiate just how much (if any) business he lost, because his business is being a celebrity. He ruined his own reputation a long time ago, and now tries to profit from anyone who hurts his feelings. At the end of the day he's entitled to do so, but that doesn't make him any less of a dick. I think this settlement will cost him more than if he had just accepted an apology, because now people consider him even more of a douchebag, which will kill what's left of his career.
    See, this is why I keep arguing. Every post I have read against him says something similar while creating a huge contradiction. People outline how his career was ****, his jobs fell through long ago, he is a douchebag, it's been in the toilet forever and he wasn't working anyway. Then they add "it will kill what's left." Zero plus, minus, multiplied and if you divide correctly zero is zero.

So, really, you guys keep screaming he should stop while outlining why he should continue. I love this "accept an apology" part which is now surfacing. It tells me people do not research like I do. Go read the legal briefs, none was offered when this mess started. You fight me for nearly two years and I'm awarded a total of 1.8 million, I'm not accepting an apology after the fact either. So, I'm a dick douche as well.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 8:48am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, not quite a "footnote". A book tour on radio and cable.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 9:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the end of the day, Ventura should take out legal fees and return the money either to the widow or a designated charity of the widow. He claimed it was never about the money, well he needs to step up. You cannot buy a reputation but you can keep your word.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 2:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He claimed it was never about the money, well he needs to step up. You cannot buy a reputation but you can keep your word.
    Do you have a quote where he said he won't take the money? If so, I'll agree he should donate the money to a charity. Otherwise, we will disagree with his "stepping up." Many celebrities say "it isn't about the money" and still cash million dollar paychecks.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 4:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Do you have a quote where he said he won't take the money? If so, I'll agree he should donate the money to a charity. Otherwise, we will disagree with his "stepping up." Many celebrities say "it isn't about the money" and still cash million dollar paychecks.
    No, I do not have a quote: I have a report here

...but no quote from Jesse, this is where I got the information, thus it is 2nd hand, and hearsay. Also, could have sworn someone on this thread mentioned Ventura not caring about the money, SO, I would have to say what you indicated...if he DID actually say "it was not about the money" I contend he should.

About those celebrities. There are a few good ones. Not movie types per se, but legit benevolent folks like Gates giving Rotary International 250+ million to fight Polio...just sayin.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 4:14pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SO, I would have to say what you indicated...if he DID actually say "it was not about the money" I contend he should.
    Right, he should keep it like I just said. Glad we could agree. Your Gates red herring is pretty funny.

And he's not even happy with that amount, he wanted $15m (2.5X what the book made).
    Proof please, using court documents. I'll refute it with court documents I found below. The one below was filed 7/18/2014. So, there may be a document after saying "I want 15 million," but I haven't found it yet.

Since we are going in circles here you go:

Court testimony and depositions:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/108450023/...ant-You-To-See
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/192900725/...Ventura-v-Kyle
    Filing to change the defendant to the executor:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/148511248/...re-v-Taya-Kyle
    Trial Briefs:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/219635030/...s-Trial-Briefs
    Jury Instructions:
    http://www.popehat.com/wp-content/up...structions.pdf

Now, here's the one I find interesting:
    http://www.popehat.com/wp-content/up...VenturaOpp.pdf
    If you do not want to read it all just note, on page 3, The estate wanted the case thrown out because Ventura DID NOT NAME A DOLLAR AMOUNT. So, I do find this "OMG he asked for 15 million" rather funny. It's a misappropriation of what a lawyer said not Ventura.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My military friends on FB seem to be taking Kyle's side.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 4:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course Bill Gates gives shitloads of money to charity. He has the best tax attorneys money can buy.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast