Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That article is TERRIBLE.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2014 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I think Kyle is the one who isn't telling the truth here.
    Ventura is a man of principal ( no matter what you think of him personally or politically, its true) and that is why he is seeing the lawsuit through. He could not have foreseen the guy dying before his time, and now just because it happens to be the widows estate he is supposed to drop the suit and waste all the money he has already spent on this legal wrangling ?
    It sucks, because this guy Kyle sounds like a genuine 'war hero' ( whatever the **** that means today is beyond me), but if you are going to sound off, you have to pay the consequences..sometimes.
    IMO this Kyle guy was probably politically opposed to Ventura and decided to make some derogatory comments about him.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 12:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the objective is just to clear your name, why not sue the estate for $1 + any lawyer costs? I can understand suing for the full amount if you intend to punish the person for making the false allegations, but in this case he's dead and won't be able to do it again.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 4:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by K876 View Post
    If the objective is just to clear your name, why not sue the estate for $1 + any lawyer costs?
    He didn't sue the estate. Stop listening to Sarah Palin's, plus others, uninformed ass.

I can understand suing for the full amount if you intend to punish the person for making the false allegations,
    Yes, it is what he did.

but in this case he's dead and won't be able to do it again.
    The lawsuit was filed before Kyle was murdered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 9:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    The lawsuit was filed before Kyle was murdered.
    Yes, and after he died Ventura changed the defendant to Kyle's wife. At this point he should've also stopped demanding the full amount, considering the man who wronged him was now dead.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These articles make it seem like Kyle admitted to assaulting Jesse Ventura over some comments he may/may not have made, and then while his book was already published he plugged it on TV by assigning Jesse Ventura's name to a previously identified character.

So, his book sales probably soared from that statement, which is why Ventura's judgement of 1.8 includes 1.3M for unjust enrichment alone. Kyle and his estate DIRECTLY profited from this admission of the guy being Ventura.

Even SEALs are not allowed (by law) to beat up people based on what they say. No BUDS training and all that awesome **** doesn't give you the right to assault an American citizen you don't like. Sounds like Jesse did Kyle a big favor by not pressing charges, that sounds more like how a SEAL might act. But this is America, so if you make money from ruining my name and you can't prove anything, "**** you, pay me."

"being level-headed and calm can last only so long." true but if he really said this he's admitting to being the one who started the physical altercation, in my opinion.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 10:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by K876 View Post
    Yes, and after he died Ventura changed the defendant to Kyle's wife.
    Like I said he sued Kyle. He sued his estate and since she is the EXECUTOR she is named. Again, he is not suing her he is suing Kyle's estate. If a lawyer was the executor, the lawyer would be the defendant. Heck, then no one would be whining as that happens all of the time. It's a widow, a War Veteran and douche Jesse that has everyone screaming foul.

At this point he should've also stopped demanding the full amount, considering the man who wronged him was now dead.
    Nope. It is well within the laws and his right to continue. Oh and LOL at full amount. Please do some more research.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 1:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Nope. It is well within the laws and his right to continue.
    No one is disputing that. He has full legal rights to do whatever he wants, but nonetheless it is still a douchebag move. Instead of clearing his name he has made himself look worse.

I could understand if Kyle had written his whole book about the incident, and all his money was made directly from that claim. In that case, sure, he profited from defamation and should be taken for all the money the book made. But this was a barely memorable footnote. Hell, I read the book twice and didn't pay much attention to this incident (since there is frequently a mention of some kind of bar fight) until Ventura kicked up a fuss. Is he entitled to just compensation and to get his name cleared? Sure. Does he look like a greedy pig taking $1.8m directly from a veteran's widow and 2 children? Yep. And he's not even happy with that amount, he wanted $15m (2.5X what the book made).

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 2:06am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's almost like you didn't read the thread before you posted.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using TapTalk.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 2:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure I did, and I support Ventura's quest to clear his name. What I think is douchey is trying to make millions off some paragraph in a book. Suing for millions for things like "embarrassment" seems to me to be a uniquely US thing. In Russia and Australia celebrities and politicians talk **** about each other and call each other dickheads in the news and no one throws a tantrum, even if they have a legal right to.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast