Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2014 10:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    The celebrity thing does make the case trickier, but I think if Ventura is worried about his reputation it would serve him much better to drop the suit. Then people would be all "****, maybe he's not a crazy douche that said fellow SEALs deserved to die."
    You are kidding right? Here's what you said when this started:
    Ventura is known to diverge from reality, he's a conspiracy theorist, fear monger, and liar...all for attention.

I know all about Venturas radio show, politics, movie career, wrestling career, and military career in Nam. I've met people like him, and Dick Marcinko, and they can't stand to be anything but the largest dick in the room - particularly a room full of veterans.
    Dropping this case wouldn't erase the million other things that make you think he is a douche. The "maybe" will always exist and it won't change most peoples minds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2014 10:52pm

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Which of my statements led you to believe I was angry?

Sorry, I don't get angry on the internet. I'm more of a giver.
    You are calling out people for the same thing as a cheap tool, when its not obvious that person is angry, while escalating your language similar to the people you called out. Just bringing attention to it. i don't actually think you are angry about anything.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/31/2014 11:03pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are calling out people for the same thing as a cheap tool, when its not obvious that person is angry, while escalating your language similar to the people you called out. Just bringing attention to it. i don't actually think you are angry about anything.
    Escalating my language? Where? You mean the **** you, Janos remark?

I guess you were just too dumb to understand the sarcasm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2014 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are kidding right? Here's what you said when this started:
    Dropping this case wouldn't erase the million other things that make you think he is a douche. The "maybe" will always exist and it won't change most peoples minds.
    I don't have much of a personal opinion toward Ventura outside of this lawsuit. I know he has a tendency toward fear mongering, and conspiracy theories. It may be assumptive of me, but I am speaking of my understanding of the mass public's opinion toward Ventura. If he actually cares about the public's opinion toward him, suing Kyle's wife may not be the best option in the court of public opinion. In my personal opinion, I would let it go. Maybe one could claim some form of honorable court debate "with" Kyle when was alive. Now the point seems moot, and unnecessary, with little outcome outside of some money and appearing like you are harassing a widow for personal benefit.

On a side note - I don't know whatever happened to the quiet professional? Being in the military, to me, is about service. Its about suffering in silence, with your boys, with no control over your life and learning how to make the best of it. Writing a book about yourself can often become self-serving, and expose you to situations like this.

That being said, I still feel Ventura would best be served in this situation by taking the higher road, and drop the case while maintaining his side of the story. Some people would think "yay, Kyle won...**** Ventura!" but not as many that are up in arms as now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2014 11:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Escalating my language? Where? You mean the **** you, Janos remark?

I guess you were just too dumb to understand the sarcasm.
    I guess so.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/31/2014 11:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That being said, I still feel Ventura would best be served in this situation by taking the higher road, and drop the case while maintaining his side of the story. Some people would think "yay, Kyle won...**** Ventura!" but not as many that are up in arms as now.
    Nah, everybody will forget about this **** when The Walking Dead comes back on but Jesse will still remember that money sitting in his bank account.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2014 11:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, everybody will forget about this **** when The Walking Dead comes back on but Jesse will still remember that money sitting in his bank account.
    Well you're not wrong there.

Actually I don't think you're wrong in most of your points, I just feel differently. Letter of the law vs spirit of the law type thing.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/01/2014 1:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once Ventura started that suit, dropping it for any reason - no matter how noble - would be seen as an admission that he was wrong to take it in the first place.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using TapTalk.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/01/2014 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like the HAARP machine mind control rays have convinced Jesse that the fight never happened, so the reptilians could drive a wedge between these 2 patriots and create a smoke screen for the Illuminati to build more FEMA death camps while the sheeple watch the drama unfold.

This revelation brought to you by Jesse Ventura rhetoric.

Posted On:
    8/01/2014 12:31pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast