224858 Bullies, 3714 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 8:02am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jesse Ventura / Chris Kyle Drama

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...day-for-jurors

Yesterday, Jesse Ventura won his defamation lawsuit against the estate of Chris Kyle. For those of you who aren't aware - Chris Kyle was a former Navy SEAL who was murdered at a shooting range by a former Marine who Kyle was trying to help cope with PTSD symptoms.

The lawsuit stemmed from claims Kyle made in his book "American Sniper" that he punched Ventura out in a bar in 2006 during a wake for Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor recipient Mike Monsoor. Kyle made claims that he decked Ventura for saying that "they deserved to lose a few" among other derogatory remarks. He didn't use Ventura's name in the book but later confirmed in interviews that Ventura was the person he was speaking about.

Ventura says Kyle's claims are all bullshit. He initiated the lawsuit prior to Kyle's death. Upon his death, Ventura chose to move forward with the lawsuit against Kyle's estate. This is what really has a lot of people pissed off - the idea that Ventura is suing the widow of a hero.

As usual, I have no shortage of opinions but first I'm curious to see what Bullshido thinks about the situation.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vesse Ventura is a Class A douchebag...and only someone who actually did get his ass kicked would fight so hard to prove he didn't.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 9:51am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a different take on it.

I don't fault the man for taking steps to clear his name publicly. Ventura said in court that he felt defamed, not because of the claims that Kyle punched him out but by the claims that he said fellow SEALS deserved to die.

I wouldn't allow anyone to say that about me either and get away with it. I don't automatically assume Kyle was telling the truth. He was a badass, but he was also kind of an attention whore. I don't take his word as the gospel.

What if Jesse Ventura is telling the truth? Obviously, the jury believed he was. To me it smells like a man sticking to his principles. He knew he would be raked over the coals for continuing the lawsuit after Kyle's death but he did it anyway - maybe because he had decided there was no way someone was going to say **** like this about him and get away with it, regardless of the heat he would take for defending himself.

As for dropping the suit when Kyle was killed - why would he? It's not his fault he died. Why not move forward against his estate? Regardless of what you believe about how the events took place, he had plenty of justification to hate Chris Kyle. The guy either defamed him or assaulted him. There's no way around that.

And it's not like he's suing some poor helpless widow. His estate should have plenty of money. American Sniper was a NY Times best seller. They're making a movie about him right now.

Too many people worship military figures like deities and act like they can do no wrong. Every time somebody says or does something other than praise them it launches a million facebook memes from people looking for their daily does of indignation.

Maybe the court got it right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 10:21am

Style: Aikido/JJJ/Judo/GoJu Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I have a different take on it.

I don't fault the man for taking steps to clear his name publicly. Ventura said in court that he felt defamed, not because of the claims that Kyle punched him out but by the claims that he said fellow SEALS deserved to die.

I wouldn't allow anyone to say that about me either and get away with it. I don't automatically assume Kyle was telling the truth. He was a badass, but he was also kind of an attention whore. I don't take his word as the gospel.

What if Jesse Ventura is telling the truth? Obviously, the jury believed he was. To me it smells like a man sticking to his principles. He knew he would be raked over the coals for continuing the lawsuit after Kyle's death but he did it anyway - maybe because he had decided there was no way someone was going to say **** like this about him and get away with it, regardless of the heat he would take for defending himself.

As for dropping the suit when Kyle was killed - why would he? It's not his fault he died. Why not move forward against his estate? Regardless of what you believe about how the events took place, he had plenty of justification to hate Chris Kyle. The guy either defamed him or assaulted him. There's no way around that.

And it's not like he's suing some poor helpless widow. His estate should have plenty of money. American Sniper was a NY Times best seller. They're making a movie about him right now.

Too many people worship military figures like deities and act like they can do no wrong. Every time somebody says or does something other than praise them it launches a million facebook memes from people looking for their daily does of indignation.

Maybe the court got it right.
    Worship military icons like Jesse Ventura, who is more famous than Kyle?

Ventura is known to diverge from reality, he's a conspiracy theorist, fear monger, and liar...all for attention.

I know all about Venturas radio show, politics, movie career, wrestling career, and military career in Nam. I've met people like him, and Dick Marcinko, and they can't stand to be anything but the largest dick in the room - particularly a room full of veterans. All I know about Kyle is he holds a record as a sniper, he wrote a book, and he was killed trying to help someone with PTSD.

I understand it's super cool and hip to be a brave, anti-culture, Internet Warrior with an inferiority complex. But the guy's dead, and most everyone would have forgotten about it if it weren't for the law suit. If Ventura can, in anyway, walk away from this without feeling dirty he has no soul.

Maybe it's better to be human first?

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 10:44am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    Worship military icons like Jesse Ventura, who is more famous than Kyle?

Ventura is known to diverge from reality, he's a conspiracy theorist, fear monger, and liar...all for attention.

I know all about Venturas radio show, politics, movie career, wrestling career, and military career in Nam. I've met people like him, and Dick Marcinko, and they can't stand to be anything but the largest dick in the room - particularly a room full of veterans. All I know about Kyle is he holds a record as a sniper, he wrote a book, and he was killed trying to help someone with PTSD.

I understand it's super cool and hip to be a brave, anti-culture, Internet Warrior with an inferiority complex. But the guy's dead, and most everyone would have forgotten about it if it weren't for the law suit. If Ventura can, in anyway, walk away from this without feeling dirty he has no soul.

People worship the **** out of veterans. It's fucking stupid because military personnel, like everyone else tend to make life decisions for selfish reasons and are therefore not deserving of the adoration they receive or the unhesitating defense they receive from internet sack lickers.

This behavior is more common than ever since 9/11 with the legions of tactical mall ninjas wearing coyote tan and mindlessly bashing anyone who dares to not worship at the alter of all things military. These are the people hating on Ventura with zero knowledge of what actually happened. I don't know. You don't know. They don't know. So, why hate Ventura when we don't even know if he's right or wrong?

People don't hate him because he dared to sue the estate of a dead man. Nobody would've blinked if the dead man were a lawyer or an accountant or a plumber. They're all pissy because Ermagherd!!! Nervy Searle! That's it. They don't really care about truth.

Ventura can be all those things that you said and still be telling the truth in this case. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the jury was in a better position to determine the truth than military nutriders on facebook.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 10:53am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I understand it Kyle had been drinking fairly heavily when the alleged incident happened, and no one can corroborate that Ventura said the things he is alleged to have said.

Sounds like a fairly strong case for defamation to me, and while the guy who did it is dead, the books are still out there.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 2:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daishi View Post
    So, it's not human to protect your name? It's not human to want to be accepted among your peers?

Read the article southpaw, he isn't disputing he was decked.

Ventura said in court that he doesn’t feel defamed by the claim of getting decked, but defamed by that specific quote, which depicts him as wishing death on fellow Americans.
    Oops.

I'm in a good mood, so I won't dissect the rest of daishi's angst filled emotional post. Oh and Ventura is a douche, but I'd fight to clear my name as well death or not.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 3:32pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're gonna put somebody else in your book that millions of folks might read...

....and especially if you're going to name them specifically in later "interviews" on BOTH radio AND cable news networks that hundreds of millions might see...

...you'd better be sure you can substantiate your claim somehow.

Bill O'Reilly and Opie and Anthony? Who wouldn't sue after getting their reputation wrecked on those shows.

Payday, baby.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ventura should sue Jessie Ventura for damage to his reputation with Conspiracy Theory.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2014 4:55pm

Style: Western Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesse completed BUDS and can be called a SEAL. Jesse was not selected for the Teams. Jesse was on the UTD teams and his team was never in Nam. His team was stationed in the Philiipines. His a list has dropped to a D lister. He was running out of oppunitries. His money was drying up, so he had 1.8 million reasons to sue. Jantos has said he was leaving the USA to live in Mexico . Jantos defines the term attendtion whore. Jantos is pissed because he is not getting respect he thinks he deserves. Think dog in the meager. Check some military sites for their opinion of Jantos.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast