Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 10:18pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After seeing the earlier shove video from DC, I think Jones was right to not back down. All that would do would help DC. I also did not expect DC to go flying backwards like that. DC looked small next to Jones ( not just height) which surprised me. Maybe I am giving DC too much credit as a major challenge to jones.

Posted On:
    8/06/2014 6:08pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The weird **** where Jones later takes credit for "taking him down" and gnping him is childish. DC literally had people on him dragging him down. When he went down there was a handler/security dude on top of him.

Nothing that happened during a multi-participant photo-op fracas has any bearing on how the fight is going to turn out. I mean, there wasn't even eye gouging, how can you pretend it's just like a real bout?
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/06/2014 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    DC could be in a worse position. He could be the guy who pushed a UFC exec off stage, and threw the first punch (that missed lol, guess his reach didn't help). Fighters push each other sometimes. Generally throwing punches does not happen. The AC will have to do something, but not anything that spoils the fight. Some fine, or a stern talking to.

DC wins by not being a fake biatch later in interviews.
    you lolling about someone missing a punch is hilarious, since the only video ive ever seen of you "fighting" if thats what you call it involved some gingery noob kneeing you in the guts until you quit.

there is a big difference between a push and shoving someones neck. pushing is childish, grabbing someones neck is stepping over the line.

anyway, heres another great vid-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBTWFkYYyuY

Posted On:
    8/06/2014 7:42pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    The weird **** where Jones later takes credit for "taking him down" and gnping him is childish. DC literally had people on him dragging him down. When he went down there was a handler/security dude on top of him.

Nothing that happened during a multi-participant photo-op fracas has any bearing on how the fight is going to turn out. I mean, there wasn't even eye gouging, how can you pretend it's just like a real bout?
    Your right, nothing that went down is real evidence of anything. I have been thinking that this will be a good fight and DC will e a good challenge. Looking at them I just started to doubt it.

Posted On:
    8/06/2014 9:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Your right, nothing that went down is real evidence of anything. I have been thinking that this will be a good fight and DC will e a good challenge. Looking at them I just started to doubt it.
    I definitely don't mind the extra hype though. A lot of the headliners lately have been lacking a feeling of gravity.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2014 11:32pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's just a damn shame that MMA (and most other sports, to be fair) thinks the only way you can add intrigue to a fight is to have man drama ensue.

:)

Posted On:
    8/08/2014 6:04am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    you lolling about someone missing a punch is hilarious, since the only video ive ever seen of you "fighting" if thats what you call it involved some gingery noob kneeing you in the guts until you quit.
    If you see me playing guitar like Lil Wayne I deserve criticism. Punching is your lot though Kiwi, so shove it up your ass. Jones missed a cheap shot punch, while all his fanboys rave about his range being everything.

It's kinda funny.

Posted On:
    8/08/2014 8:44am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    I definitely don't mind the extra hype though. A lot of the headliners lately have been lacking a feeling of gravity.
    I feel the opposite way, really. Cormier vs Jones is a far more interesting matchup for me than seeing yet another fucking championship rematch and asks many interesting questions: can Jones' wrestling stand up a an actual olympian? Will Cormier be able to actually hit the gangly son of a bitch with his little baby arms? Does LHW Cormier have the gas tank to last into the championship rounds? This will be an exciting fight that is certain to tell us a lot about the future of the LHW division, no matter who wins.

I'm a lot less interested in seeing grown-up professional athletes playground-fight and throw hissy fits over social media. That ****'s just embarrassing and should be of no interest to anyone but the mentally handicapped and Chael Sonnen fans.

Posted On:
    8/08/2014 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I feel the opposite way, really. Cormier vs Jones is a far more interesting matchup for me than seeing yet another fucking championship rematch and asks many interesting questions: can Jones' wrestling stand up a an actual olympian? Will Cormier be able to actually hit the gangly son of a bitch with his little baby arms? Does LHW Cormier have the gas tank to last into the championship rounds? This will be an exciting fight that is certain to tell us a lot about the future of the LHW division, no matter who wins.

I'm a lot less interested in seeing grown-up professional athletes playground-fight and throw hissy fits over social media. That ****'s just embarrassing and should be of no interest to anyone but the mentally handicapped and Chael Sonnen fans.
    It's also entertainment. There's a lot of market saturation, and I can't keep track of hundreds of fighters at a time, and if I'm lucky 1-2 bouts per card with recognizable enough participants that I give a **** enough to watch them. These days, I'm largely just excited about fights with people I know in them. Those are downright personal, for obvious reasons.

Having a media frenzy because the champ and contender are acting like children for months, culminating in a schoolyard shoving match adds additional drama and likely some schadenfreude at the conclusion of the bout.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/08/2014 2:10pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    If you see me playing guitar like Lil Wayne I deserve criticism. Punching is your lot though Kiwi, so shove it up your ass. Jones missed a cheap shot punch, while all his fanboys rave about his range being everything.

It's kinda funny.
    I've heard you hacking away at a guitar like you were last place in remedial music class. Your guitar playing sucks a fat baby's dick.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast