Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    your nuthuggery is showing. where i come from, shovnig someone in the throat is called starting a fight, and just because he couldnt back it up doesnt mean the other guy gets fined. bitch move from DC tbh.
    Correct. Calling what Jones did a headbutt is ridiculous and that kind of face-to-face forehead shoving is common in staredowns. The correct response would have been for Cormier to push back with his own forehead, not escalate the situation with a big shove.

It's not like it's the first time Cormier's done that either. I think it's just his way of asserting his dominance before entering the ring. Here's a video of him shoving Cummins with zero provocation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSXhvqLfVFw

Jones should have reacted like Cummins did here, however, actually allowing himself to get provoked was moronic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 1:39pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Acceleration of the punchees head yes. But of course the speed of the punchers strike is involved as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 1:41pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you could hit as hard as DC you could.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 1:42pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Also if I had known my body had the mass of the Earth, I would've been fucking **** up like a comic book character my entire life.
    If you could punch as hard as DC you could.

EDIT my reply fu has gone to sheeeit these replies are meant for Devil's replies to my post.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if this would've happened if Dana was standing there.
    On my first viewing I thought it was Dana. It was the bitchinest thing I've ever seen.

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 4:16pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    lol. You were trying real hard right up until there.
    Daniel Cormier has mastered the fricitonless punch. I am going to make a pilgrimage to his camp and wait outside the door until they invite me inside to study at his feet, and learn his secret techniques.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 7:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poker View Post
    Acceleration of the punchees head yes. But of course the speed of the punchers strike is involved as well.
    Head acceleration? That's your final answer?

What is this white man's magic you speak of?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 7:53pm

Style: Judo noob, heavy bag

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if they're going to start rumors about each other getting rejected to prom or some **** next. That's the only way this situation could get stupider.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Correct. Calling what Jones did a headbutt is ridiculous and that kind of face-to-face forehead shoving is common in staredowns. The correct response would have been for Cormier to push back with his own forehead, not escalate the situation with a big shove.

It's not like it's the first time Cormier's done that either. I think it's just his way of asserting his dominance before entering the ring. Here's a video of him shoving Cummins with zero provocation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSXhvqLfVFw

Jones should have reacted like Cummins did here, however, actually allowing himself to get provoked was moronic.
    ive done the "staredown" **** before. its kind of silly. ive had guys mean mug me, talk ****, whatever. if any of them touched my throat? in that situation? You can bet your ass i would lay them out. thats a bad enough diss at any time, let alone at a staredown. did he honestly expect the fucking UFC champ to just let him get away with his usual blustery ****?

The only person who is allowed to touch my neck is my wife, and that is a rule that any man knows. DC KNEW what jones reaction would be to what he did, and it would have worked out great for him- if he hadnt ended up on his ass with jones on top of him throwing punches. his screw up here was letting the other person finish what he started.

:)

Posted On:
    8/05/2014 9:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The only person who is allowed to touch my neck is my wife, and that is a rule that any man knows. DC KNEW what jones reaction would be to what he did, and it would have worked out great for him- if he hadnt ended up on his ass with jones on top of him throwing punches. his screw up here was letting the other person finish what he started.
    DC could be in a worse position. He could be the guy who pushed a UFC exec off stage, and threw the first punch (that missed lol, guess his reach didn't help). Fighters push each other sometimes. Generally throwing punches does not happen. The AC will have to do something, but not anything that spoils the fight. Some fine, or a stern talking to.

DC wins by not being a fake biatch later in interviews.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast