Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 7:21pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    This "injury" is somewhat convenient, I wonder if Jones realized he needed more time to get ready for the fight.
    I was going to say something about the commenters at the linked ESPN article but you have brought it here. So why do you "think" Jones is faking an injury? (See what I did there with the dare quotes.)

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    I was going to say something about the commenters at the linked ESPN article but you have brought it here. So why do you "think" Jones is faking an injury? (See what I did there with the dare quotes.)
    Oop! Scare quotes not dare quotes.

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 8:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say he was faking, I just said it's convenient. I think that when the heat is raised on a fight so is the desire to ensure victory. It could be a legit injury, but the timing is somewhat suspicious. With all the trash talking Jones would look the fool if he lost.

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 9:40pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say he was faking, I just said it's convenient. I think that when the heat is raised on a fight so is the desire to ensure victory. It could be a legit injury, but the timing is somewhat suspicious. With all the trash talking Jones would look the fool if he lost.
    There's been so much trash talk on both sides that someone is going to look like a fool at the end of the fight.

I do think your comment about the heat being on is dead-on, in a way. The heat is on, they both have to make sure they can cover the checks they wrote with their mouths. As a result, training intensity is likely to increase, bringing with it an increased risk of injury.

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 11:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look up the term: scare quotes. So what is your actual opinion? Do you believe he is faking? If so, why? Here is my opinion: I have no reason to believe he is hurt. I also don't believe a delay would help either party.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 11:43pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His leg was just fine for a street fight at a press event but now he can't fight in a real match. I won't go as far as to say he's faking it but I will say he was either scared of Cormier or losing his mind. His behavior has been so bizarre for this fight like Anderson when he was fighting Weidman for the first time.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Posted On:
    8/12/2014 11:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    His leg was just fine for a street fight at a press event but now he can't fight in a real match. I won't go as far as to say he's faking it but I will say he was either scared of Cormier or losing his mind. His behavior has been so bizarre for this fight like Anderson when he was fighting Weidman for the first time.
    You will state as fact he is losing it or scared, but you won't cross the line and say he is faking. Do you think he is injured?

:)

Posted On:
    8/13/2014 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You will state as fact he is losing it or scared, but you won't cross the line and say he is faking. Do you think he is injured?
    JJ has been acting a bit weird for a while with DC.

This might be a genuine injury, of the genuine severity that has been said, but I'll wait a few days to see if some footage of Jones playing b-ball or tennis surfaces. He is not ready to be non-champ, and DC is the guy.

Good news is, DC has a phenomenal new target for their Jan fight.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/13/2014 5:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad this happened, now DC can get that leg surgery (or ankle or whathaveyou), instead of rushing into a fight with a handicap.

I'm riding the JJ hate train first class, but you have to be crazy to imply he's faking an injury.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/13/2014 5:39am at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2014 8:17am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure about your definition of the word fact. Yes it's a fact that I believe Jones is losing it or afraid of Cormier but that doesn't mean I'm of the opinion that he's faking the injury and honestly really don't understand why clarification was needed. I find it ironic that he was fine for the press brawl but now can't fight but after going back to training anything could happen hence my not saying he's faking it for sure.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast