Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/20/2014 1:54pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like VEPR 12s and Saiga 12s both jumped $300-$500 in a matter of days. Haven't looked into more traditional AK patterns and Dragunovs.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2014 2:27pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. When I posted they were still at the same price and I just looked today, nope. I've looked at other Ak-47s and 74s they are all still in their original range with a small bum here or there. Also, I know there are nuts on both sides, I mentioned it in another thread. I'm the guy who says gun nuts, which encompasses all parties and races.

Posted On:
    7/20/2014 3:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anything I would pick up High Cap magazines before they get banned.
    Oddly enough I currently do not have an AK but I do have a stock pile of preban high cap drums and Magazines. While I live in CA I will hold on to them even though they are a pain in the ass to use out here due to the way the assault weapon laws are written up but their are loophole stupid ass ones.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/20/2014 6:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People are stupid and always focus on the wrong ****. This is a minor thing that doesn't ban all AKs and is likely temporary. Yet it spawns a tsunami of facebook memes. In contrast, almost everybody ignored Obama's executive order last year that actually does impact gun owner's rights. Because of bureaucratic red tape, it still hasn't been implemented but when it is, it will effectively ban suppressor ownership for most citizens of the United States.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you live in a county where the chief law enforcement officer won't sign off on individual suppressor ownership you can still buy a suppressor through a trust. That window is almost certainly going to close in the near future. You better get them while you can. I'm waiting for a tax stamp right now.

As for the Saigas, I view them as more of a novelty. I guess there's a certain cool factor but there are so many badass American made shotguns. The last thing I'm worried about is not having enough shotgun for the job.

Posted On:
    7/20/2014 7:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They absolutely are a novelty for me. I want one for a range toy, pure and simple.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/20/2014 7:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    People are stupid and always focus on the wrong ****. This is a minor thing that doesn't ban all AKs and is likely temporary. Yet it spawns a tsunami of facebook memes. In contrast, almost everybody ignored Obama's executive order last year that actually does impact gun owner's rights. Because of bureaucratic red tape, it still hasn't been implemented but when it is, it will effectively ban suppressor ownership for most citizens of the United States.
    To be fair, I honestly didn't know silencers and suppressors were legal until two years ago. I'd say that part is due to ignorance and listening to movies and TV shows.

I'm waiting for a tax stamp right now.
    I have an appointment set to get this done.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/21/2014 8:24am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh plenty of American companies that make these types of guns so I don't care but then again I actually read the proposal unlike most idiots who claim the 2nd amendment.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Posted On:
    7/21/2014 1:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danharr View Post
    Meh plenty of American companies that make these types of guns so I don't care but then again I actually read the proposal unlike most idiots who claim the 2nd amendment.
    As far as I am aware, there are only 2-3 manufacturers of 100% American Made AK patterned rifles. IO inc and Century Arms are probably the most well-known, with IO being significantly better in quality. Most other companies import receivers from foreign manufacturers, which can cause BATFE issues if owners start domestic parts for foreign ones without checking 922r compliance.

While this whole thing doesn't exactly qualify as a firearms ban, it was still a serious d-bag move. Don't believe me? Try buying a firearm that was manufactured in China.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/21/2014 10:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Don't believe me? Try buying a firearm that was manufactured in China.
    What do you mean? I don't follow.

Posted On:
    7/21/2014 11:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    What do you mean? I don't follow.
    Oops, I meant to say new Chinese firearms. Plenty of old stuff still around.

The U.S. keeps finding reasons to continue the ban on the importation of Norinco products. Norinco is not exactly possessed of high ethical standards (wikipedia spoiler alert: They allegedly tried to sell automatic weapons, rocket launchers, and other destructive devices to street gangs in LA in the 1990s and allegedly sold missile parts to Iran in the early 2000s) when it comes to who they do business with, but their standards don't differ greatly from the Chinese government's. Somehow, we are doing business with the Chinese government, but have banned the importation of Norinco products for the past 21 years. Given the morality of most arms dealing corporate multi-nationals, I would be amazed if it were very hard to dig up similar info on Kalashnikov. Given that, and the fact that Kalashnikov only does a few million dollars a year worth of business in the U.S. anyway, I would be amazed to see the sanctions against them go away anytime soon, if ever. I could easily be wrong, I suppose. It's not going to affect my spending habits much either way.

I guess what I'm taking the really long way to say is that amusing as the gnashing and wailing of teeth these sanctions are eliciting from dumb people, I do have concerns about this type of thing becoming SOP for gun control advocates (wait until the U.S. has a legit grievance with a country, sanction largest semi-/non-scrupulous firearms/ammo manufacturer). While the loss of most Russian Firearms and potentially ammunition won't really do anything more than drive prices up in the short term, it is still a dick move.

Good thing I already have a nice big stockpile of guns and ammunition. In fact, the MD State Gubment recently reversed part of the implementation of the OCT 1 AW ban and announced that sales of stripped AR lowers could resume, so I have some . . . things . . . to go buy. For America.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast