82 shot, 14 fatally, over holiday weekend in Chicago

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 2:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one cares because it is mainly portrayed as "thugs" in those communities. Nope, I'm not even blaming the media as minorities say they don't care "it is thugs dying."

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 3:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No one cares because it is mainly portrayed as "thugs" in those
    I agree that its not likely to create a huge outrage.

However it will bolsters the numbers/statistics used by the anti-gun crowd. All the while ignoring the fact that this happened in a city and state with some of the more restrictive gun control laws around.

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 3:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy **** this might be a record even for Chicago. Maybe it's a political statement due to our governors race.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 5:17pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

However it will bolsters the numbers/statistics used by the anti-gun crowd. All the while ignoring the fact that this happened in a city and state with some of the more restrictive gun control laws around.
    Bolster what exactly? It wasn't used before and it won't be used for anything because it is "thugs" shooting "thugs." I have friends from Chicago who brought this up back in 2012. This was the year they had 435 gun homicides. No one cared because it was a bunch of dead minority criminals, which to them was a good thing. Again not just media, but the actual minorities were saying this themselves with a few exceptions. Basically, it becomes "oops honor student dies, but 300+ gang bangers are dead." You'll get some anti-gun nuts and the racists using it for points, but the main crowd stays away from the powder keg.

2012:
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/07/...ing-afterward/
    5 dead, 21 shot.
    2013:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3561407.html
    12 Dead, 62 shot.
    2014:
    14 Dead, 82 shot.

Business as usual in Chicago.

Also, I want you to note, 2013 had the lowest reported crime rate in Chicago since 1972. Yet, they had a weekend 2 deaths shy of the 2014 numbers. Chicago will not be used by pro or anti gun activists.

I may be adding a tad more because the numbers for 2012 are just for one day. It wasn't a weekend, which also plays into the the stats. Many people only get the day off not a weekend when the 4th falls on a Wednesday.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 7/08/2014 5:23pm at .

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 5:33pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I agree that its not likely to create a huge outrage.

You have a point. Some studies state that if you take the urban areas like Chicago out of the "gun violence" stats that the US becomes comparable to many of the Eurpean nations the gun control crowd like to hold up as examples to emulate.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 11:48pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    You have a point. Some studies state that if you take the urban areas like Chicago out of the "gun violence" stats that the US becomes comparable to many of the Eurpean nations the gun control crowd like to hold up as examples to emulate.
    Go on and say it, if you take the minorities out of the stats we'd be low as hell. Some people get offended with this statement and then go off on the "system" logical fallacy tangent. While I partially agree, at the end of the day we kill each other too fucking much. If we minorities are so embarrassed, we need to fix that **** ourselves instead of waiting for "the man" to fix "the system."

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 8:15am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go on and say it, if you take the minorities out of the stats we'd be low as hell. Some people get offended with this statement and then go off on the "system" logical fallacy tangent. While I partially agree, at the end of the day we kill each other too fucking much. If we minorities are so embarrassed, we need to fix that **** ourselves instead of waiting for "the man" to fix "the system."
    Thing is...the way I see it...is that it really seems to be more about location than race. Certainly the areas I mentioned are predominantly minority populated, but there are many suburban areas that are predominantly black that don't have the same problems.

Chicken/egg? I don't know. But in the scope of history various races occupied the "bad side of town". Which I guess begs the question..how can an entire racial segment of society "fix" something?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 9:59am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, as a consolation prize "you people" are really fucking good at basketball.

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do people keep using the word "minority"... we the non Saltinae Americana far outnumber the pastier counterpart, I believe.

As someone with the bad fortune of being stuck working Downtown Chicago (the Chicago part, not the working part,) every day I am cheerfully greeted by the spreading "no guns allowed at this establishment" stickers. <sarcasm> That seems to be really helping, because

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3596968.story

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...266398351.html

</sarcasm>

So yeah. What we have in place sucks.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast