Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus Christ. What the **** is with all the hand wringing about convincing your wives? I convinced my wife to let my kids train by not fucking asking her. The discussion was between my kids and I and my wife was informed of our decision once we made it. And she was totally cool with it, which is a good thing since she had no fucking choice anyway. My advice would be 1. Marry women who aren't pains in the asses and 2. Put on your big boy pants and make some decisions for yourself and your kids.

Anyway, to answer the question about ages. I see kids enjoying grappling as young as 4 or 5, although it is rare for them to understand what's going on at that age. Most of the time, they're just going through the motions but I guess they get something out of it. I've seen a few rare cases where kids start developing real skill while they're young like that with the help of parents who understand the sport. It's more common to see kids around 8-9 years old to start developing some actual skill.

Style
    Zheng Manqing/Chen TJQ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    use the ukemi angle. learning to fall properly is the most useful skill any of us learn in MA training by far.
    Holy crap, that's brilliant!!! I think I may have found the selling point that no one can dismiss :)

Thank you comrade!
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not hand wringing devil...more like carefully plotting a course through a hurricane, staying carefully within the eye.

Because whether or not you agree, the fastest way to get your kid pulled out of a good MA program (or yourself sleeping on the couch etc) is pissing off your wife in the process.

If your kid ever gets hurt in an MA class your spouse disapproved of, it'll be all your fault. Co-approval is the smart way. The CYA way.

Style
    Mixed
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    Finally he will have his purple belt.
    I've already told him not to ask about belts and ranks and to focus on listening, and that being a white belt is a great thing because it means you get to have the most fun while learning.

I've equated higher ranks with harder work, and that's all it took to take his interest off of belt progression.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Not hand wringing devil...more like carefully plotting a course through a hurricane, staying carefully within the eye.

Because whether or not you agree, the fastest way to get your kid pulled out of a good MA program (or yourself sleeping on the couch etc) is pissing off your wife in the process.

If your kid ever gets hurt in an MA class your spouse disapproved of, it'll be all your fault. Co-approval is the smart way. The CYA way.
    That's the most beta thing I've ever read.

Style
    Zheng Manqing/Chen TJQ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Clearly you've never been stabbed with a frying pan.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You gotsta keep the women folk happy

Last edited by itwasntme; 7/07/2014 9:51am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    You gotsta keep the women folk happy

I keep my wife happy by being an awesome ************, not by kissing her ass.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The top alphas have convinced everyone else they are a beta.

Also known as "Verbal's Theorem".

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    My prediction?

As soon as Jnr is safely ensconced in college, Mrs Devil will run off with Janice, her long term lebian lover, sue you for divorce (citing emotional cruelty), and take you for every penny you have

But don't worry, you will still be an awsome ************
    You're making the mistake of assuming a ************ as awesome as me has to operate within the same rules as people as lame as you.

My wife isn't running anywhere because she knows her friends have a waiting list to see who can post selfies from my bedroom on facebook and escape their pathetic existences with their lame, permission asking husbands.

If my wife had a lesbian lover, she would've already presented her to me on my birthday.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last