Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/07/2014 11:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous View Post
    Our girl came in overweight, gassed, and lost a decision on fightpass that I'm going to have to download to even see.

Oh and that hawaiian guy got starched.
    Your girls loss is my friends victory :)

and **** fightpass....

What was with the 8 lbs over?

BJ did the same bullshit he has done for the past few years. He comes out with no fucking game plan and lets his opponent control the pace, the range, and the entire fight. He did it in all three fights against frankie and he did it against Rory as well.

I still think he could actually beat frankie if his fucking camp would actually tell him what he needed to do. He needed to take the initiative and not let his opponent control the fight. Who ever wins by letting the opponent do what they want???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 12:02am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post

and **** fightpass....

BJ did the same bullshit he has done for the past few years. He comes out with no fucking game plan and lets his opponent control the pace, the range, and the entire fight. He did it in all three fights against frankie and he did it against Rory as well.

I still think he could actually beat frankie if his fucking camp would actually tell him what he needed to do. He needed to take the initiative and not let his opponent control the fight. Who ever wins by letting the opponent do what they want???
    Who ever wins by not putting up a fight?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think he could actually beat frankie if
    how many times have you been hit in the head? they could fight a hundred times, and frankie would always win. maybe if you went back in time and got frankie from his absolute PEAK.

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 1:01am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

and **** fightpass....

Alright, since you're can't really tell on me. Probably.

She has never made a weight that low, to my knowledge. I have been told she "can" make that weight. Unnamed parties were discussing a couple nights beforehand whether or not she could make weight. The coach put the kibosh on that talk saying she was totally going to make it, but the consensus was that... Well we didn't think it was going to happen. But you can't say that kind of thing in front of everybody.

Missed weight for the pans or worlds I believe a few months ago, at 156 or so. And for her fight with Kim Couture, I hear, but have not personally confirmed.

She's just big. She's near 6 ft., has broad, developed shoulders and a decent amount of muscle in general. The UFC came knocking and they said they could make 135, probably because the only other choice is doing 145 in Invicta. But you can see what getting down to 143 did to her cardio. Around the gym, they say her every day walking weight is in the 170's.

I can see how limited the options are for a fit woman who is just too big for the available weight classes. Not sure how they're going to handle that, really, other than to come in looking shrink wrapped like diego sanchez at 155 or something. I also sort of doubt that after being on the fight pass pre-prelims, missing weight by a wide mile, and then gassing too hard to put on a good showing, she's going to be invited right back.
    Last edited by Tenebrous; 7/08/2014 1:09am at .
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya its unfortunate that she couldnt make the cut. That's a lot of weight to cut.

I think its better sometimes to flat out say to the matchmakers "I can't make that weight class", because I think they can at least respect that. Missing weight is like a cardinal sin for the UFC.

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 11:39am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya its unfortunate that she couldnt make the cut. That's a lot of weight to cut.

I think its better sometimes to flat out say to the matchmakers "I can't make that weight class", because I think they can at least respect that. Missing weight is like a cardinal sin for the UFC.
    It really seems like it is. The issue is probably that there's nobody/nowhere to fight otherwise. I read a bunch of people calling her a can crusher, but the truth is that tons of opponents have dropped out on her in serial. At that point you fight whoever will show up on fight night. We had that happen to another girl who needed an MMA win to be eligible to try out for the ultimate fighter. Her opponent dropped and the only person the promoter could find had 25 pounds on her. I understand the idea that the UFC is the only place to really make a go of it, I just don't know that there are a lot of solutions to the problem, given the state of women's MMA right now.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 10:36pm

Style: Boxing, JKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...132937668.html

So evidently Penn's new "style" was supposed to keep him from getting tired. I guess he didn't factor in getting tired of being punched in the face.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123