223572 Bullies, 4124 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 6 of 6
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. SteyrAUG223 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    6/24/2014 1:26am


     Style: Chinese Boxing

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Back Again...

    Registered awhile ago, but few posts.

    In the meantime I've been building a FB page devoted to vintage martial arts weaponry, Bruce Lee and other notables.

    Hope you guys enjoy it.

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vinta...ax_wizard=true

    And if anyone has any of this stuff, please shoot me an email.





  2. Mr.Miyagi is offline
    Mr.Miyagi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,006

    Posted On:
    7/03/2014 1:04am


     Style: BJJ/Zumba

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey those are pretty cool. Kind would make fun posters.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

    Miyagi: Feeling correct.

    Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

    Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
  3. soft touch is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    50

    Posted On:
    7/03/2014 6:15am


     Style: Goju Ryu/Balintawak Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool stuff, though I'm not sure why I'd ever change the 'hide-a-chuck' from a badass short sick into a weapon of self harm
  4. Chili Pepper is offline
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,169

    Posted On:
    7/03/2014 8:59am


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soft touch View Post
    cool stuff, though I'm not sure why I'd ever change the 'hide-a-chuck' from a badass short sick into a weapon of self harm
    I expect the robustness of the locking mechanism would mean hitting anything with the baton would turn it into a weapon of self-harm.
  5. SteyrAUG223 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    19

    Posted On:
    7/06/2014 2:18am


     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    I expect the robustness of the locking mechanism would mean hitting anything with the baton would turn it into a weapon of self-harm.


    Actually the old lugs on early 80s vintage hide a chucks were pretty durable. I did a article on hidden nunchaku designs over the ages:

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...23048834442599

    As for a weapon of self harm, granted flexible / hinged weapons are more advanced and as a result more precarious to the user. But if one is properly trained and has done things like rebound drills they don't pose any more undue risk than any other real weapon.

    Obviously reality is different from film depictions and when you strike against any real resistance they tend to return directly to you.
  6. soft touch is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    50

    Posted On:
    7/06/2014 3:44am


     Style: Goju Ryu/Balintawak Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG223 View Post
    Actually the old lugs on early 80s vintage hide a chucks were pretty durable. I did a article on hidden nunchaku designs over the ages:

    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...23048834442599

    As for a weapon of self harm, granted flexible / hinged weapons are more advanced and as a result more precarious to the user. But if one is properly trained and has done things like rebound drills they don't pose any more undue risk than any other real weapon.

    Obviously reality is different from film depictions and when you strike against any real resistance they tend to return directly to you.
    that's actually pretty impressive

    as to the self harm, I and I'm assuming chilli were joking about the fact of our knowing **** all about nunchucks and other flexible weapons

    as opposed to sticks, which I happily use to beat the **** out of tires and other people's sticks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.