Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All kidding aside, I am genuinely concerned for these people. Not only might they end up getting themselves hurt but they could potentially cause injury to others.

I get the passion. I get the desire. You want to do something to make a difference, something that will make the world a better place, a world where the good people can worry just a little less about the bad people...

...but for fucks sake...this is NOT the way to do it. I can only see two endings to someone who is one of these heroes: either you end up disillusioned with your progress and give it up or you're forced to give it up because you've either been given a serious beatdown or find yourself incarcerated because one of your little gadgets/weapons seriously fucked someone up because you don't know what you're doing.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    All kidding aside, I am genuinely concerned for these people. Not only might they end up getting themselves hurt but they could potentially cause injury to others.

I get the passion. I get the desire. You want to do something to make a difference, something that will make the world a better place, a world where the good people can worry just a little less about the bad people...

...but for fucks sake...this is NOT the way to do it. I can only see two endings to someone who is one of these heroes: either you end up disillusioned with your progress and give it up or you're forced to give it up because you've either been given a serious beatdown or find yourself incarcerated because one of your little gadgets/weapons seriously fucked someone up because you don't know what you're doing.
    Yeah but people do stupid things all the time. Not sure how this is much different to say riding a bike in traffic.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah but people do stupid things all the time. Not sure how this is much different to say riding a bike in traffic.
    O.o

I think this is really a lot different than riding a bike in traffic. Really. A lot.

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    O.o

I think this is really a lot different than riding a bike in traffic. Really. A lot.
    Sillier than the licra or more dangerous?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sillier than the licra or more dangerous?
    Well I would say either has an equal chance of getting shot depending on the city. And both look equally douchey.

Style
    MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On both the topics of cycling and recreational crimefighting, I've been seriously thinking about starting a vigilante gang to set up bait bikes and go after bike thieves. Probably without tights and a cape, though.
    I've had two bikes stolen now (one a lock cut, and more recently a tire theft), and the Ann Arbor police have absolutely no interest in stopping bike theft above telling people to get bigger locks.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there's different levels of stupid. Riding your bike in traffic may be a bit stupid but it's easy to fix. Super-heroing around your city is major stupid and there doesn't seem to be any kind of fix for these people.

Style
    Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    On both the topics of cycling and recreational crimefighting, I've been seriously thinking about starting a vigilante gang to set up bait bikes and go after bike thieves. Probably without tights and a cape, though.
    I've had two bikes stolen now (one a lock cut, and more recently a tire theft), and the Ann Arbor police have absolutely no interest in stopping bike theft above telling people to get bigger locks.
    Make sure you apply this logic to your bait bikes:

Anybody remember how Stickdeath used to be the only thing you could do on the internet?

Style
    Goju Ryu/Balintawak Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I bet, stastistically speaking, you are more likely to get injured playing football
    is this statistic just a raw figure, or on a per capita basis

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I bet, stastistically speaking, you are more likely to get injured playing football
    Even the bikes would be more dangerous. They routinely get mashed.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last