Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    FinalLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    1,184
    Style
    Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All kidding aside, I am genuinely concerned for these people. Not only might they end up getting themselves hurt but they could potentially cause injury to others.

    I get the passion. I get the desire. You want to do something to make a difference, something that will make the world a better place, a world where the good people can worry just a little less about the bad people...

    ...but for fucks sake...this is NOT the way to do it. I can only see two endings to someone who is one of these heroes: either you end up disillusioned with your progress and give it up or you're forced to give it up because you've either been given a serious beatdown or find yourself incarcerated because one of your little gadgets/weapons seriously fucked someone up because you don't know what you're doing.

  2. #12
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    3,001
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    All kidding aside, I am genuinely concerned for these people. Not only might they end up getting themselves hurt but they could potentially cause injury to others.

    I get the passion. I get the desire. You want to do something to make a difference, something that will make the world a better place, a world where the good people can worry just a little less about the bad people...

    ...but for fucks sake...this is NOT the way to do it. I can only see two endings to someone who is one of these heroes: either you end up disillusioned with your progress and give it up or you're forced to give it up because you've either been given a serious beatdown or find yourself incarcerated because one of your little gadgets/weapons seriously fucked someone up because you don't know what you're doing.
    Yeah but people do stupid things all the time. Not sure how this is much different to say riding a bike in traffic.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    920
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah but people do stupid things all the time. Not sure how this is much different to say riding a bike in traffic.
    O.o

    I think this is really a lot different than riding a bike in traffic. Really. A lot.

  4. #14
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    3,001
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    O.o

    I think this is really a lot different than riding a bike in traffic. Really. A lot.
    Sillier than the licra or more dangerous?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  5. #15
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,649
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Sillier than the licra or more dangerous?
    Well I would say either has an equal chance of getting shot depending on the city. And both look equally douchey.

  6. #16
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,506
    Style
    MMA
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On both the topics of cycling and recreational crimefighting, I've been seriously thinking about starting a vigilante gang to set up bait bikes and go after bike thieves. Probably without tights and a cape, though.
    I've had two bikes stolen now (one a lock cut, and more recently a tire theft), and the Ann Arbor police have absolutely no interest in stopping bike theft above telling people to get bigger locks.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

  7. #17
    FinalLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    1,184
    Style
    Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Yeah but people do stupid things all the time. Not sure how this is much different to say riding a bike in traffic.
    Well, there's different levels of stupid. Riding your bike in traffic may be a bit stupid but it's easy to fix. Super-heroing around your city is major stupid and there doesn't seem to be any kind of fix for these people.

  8. #18
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Streetsville
    Posts
    7,267
    Style
    Wrestling
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    On both the topics of cycling and recreational crimefighting, I've been seriously thinking about starting a vigilante gang to set up bait bikes and go after bike thieves. Probably without tights and a cape, though.
    I've had two bikes stolen now (one a lock cut, and more recently a tire theft), and the Ann Arbor police have absolutely no interest in stopping bike theft above telling people to get bigger locks.
    Make sure you apply this logic to your bait bikes:



    Anybody remember how Stickdeath used to be the only thing you could do on the internet?

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    221
    Style
    Goju Ryu/Balintawak Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I bet, stastistically speaking, you are more likely to get injured playing football
    is this statistic just a raw figure, or on a per capita basis

  10. #20
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    3,001
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I bet, stastistically speaking, you are more likely to get injured playing football
    Even the bikes would be more dangerous. They routinely get mashed.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in