Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 4:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Bneterasedmynam I'm really not sure what you have to moan about. Compared to a number of other countries in the world the US has significantly less refugees.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...n-unhcr-report

The US (according to the UN) has approx 263,000 refugees.

France has approx. 232,000 refugees

Turkey has 609,000 refugees

Pakistan has 1.6 million refugees

A number of Afican countries have significantly more refugees than the US and a fraction of it's wealth so the burden is significantly higher than the US has to pay for.

Bneterasedmynam, you mention about "personal responsibility". Considering most of these people are fleeing war zones where they can be raped, murdered or otherwise terrorised I think shows considerable personal responsibility (as well as hardship and fortitude) has gone into them fleeing into "safer" parts of the world.
    I'm not really moaning about, however having a bunch of illegal immigrants complain that "we" need to make it safer for them when they sneak in is bullshit. Danger is the price you pay for sneaking into a foreign country.

By personal responsibility I was referring more to having kids that you can't afford, or having them when you already know your situation is that of a **** hole country. It's this attitude of "save us" that gets old. Contrary to popular belief we are not the world police. It's also interesting to me how everyone in foreign countries hate us right up until they need us to bail them out of their neck high ****.

I should also mention that what other countries do or have as far as refugees doesn't matter in the least to me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 4:40pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm not really moaning about, however having a bunch of illegal immigrants complain that "we" need to make it safer for them when they sneak in is bullshit. Danger is the price you pay for sneaking into a foreign country.
    See, this is what I mean by ignorance. The people moaning about making it safer are your own fucking countrymen. It's even funnier you pulled "making it safer" to immigrate out of his post, when his point was people ALWAYS run from danger and "personal responsibility" includes keep hurt people safe.

By personal responsibility I was referring more to having kids that you can't afford, or having them when you already know your situation is that of a **** hole country. It's this attitude of "save us" that gets old.
    Which happens in every country including this one. This is what I mean by bigotry and we both know what stereotype you are using.

Contrary to popular belief we are not the world police. It's also interesting to me how everyone in foreign countries hate us right up until they need us to bail them out of their neck high ****.
    Being "the world police" has **** all to do with the point you are trying to make.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 6:03pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Being "the world police" has **** all to do with the point you are trying to make.

Am I missing something? I don't see any point at all with the ranting

Bnet,
    This is really nothing new for it seems about once every 50-100 years we have a huge influx of immigrants that come to this country. The Irish, Germans, Italians, just so happens this time is Central Americans. Countries we have fucked over with establishment of banana republics and Monroe Doctrine bullshit.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 6:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Am I missing something?
    Yes, post #9.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/23/2014 8:41am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    The original US colonies were founded by illegal immigrants. It'd be kind of hypocritical for us to turn them away now.
    Not really. When they can kick our asses they can have the place. That's fairness.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/23/2014 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh look, its Bnet complaining about Fox News talking points. How refreshingly original.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/23/2014 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Actually they were conquerors, they were not trying to be part of the existing society, so moot point. Also that was over 200 years ago. I'm reminded of a quote from lethal weapon "what happened to give us your sick, your poor" "well now it reads no vacancies".
    Does this mean if I beat you up, I can have your house?
    Related: I just remembered that Bullshido has an ignore list, and I am really excited about never reading another single thing Devil writes.
    Last edited by TheMightyMcClaw; 6/23/2014 3:00pm at .
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/23/2014 3:17pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Related: I just remembered that Bullshido has an ignore list, and I am really excited about never reading another single thing Devil writes.
    When you put me on ignore I consider that a flawless victory. I have smited you to the ground. I have made you scramble away like a cockroach exposed by the refrigerator light. You may never see another of my posts but trust me, I'll be there....watching.....even if you can't see me. I will torment you like a ghost....doing evil.....turning your few remaining friends against you. I will see you when you close your eyes to rest your weary bones......when you put your hand in your underpants....

I own your soul. MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Posted On:
    6/23/2014 3:18pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your comparison does not put the current issue in very good historical context. You compare illegal immigration to colonization. That's usually the language of people who are very anti-immigrant. I doubt that's the point you are trying to make.

As far as hypocrisy goes I would compare immigration since colonization and the people who have benefitted by their ancestors' immigration. Of course, this assumes you have some obligation to support a current policy because of the actions of your ancestors

Posted On:
    6/23/2014 5:23pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're able to eliminate the entire society that guards the laws that allow me to have that house then yes. For example see Crimea. Oh and the point is still moot.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast