Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/14/2014 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Give us your sick, your poor

Americans are accustomed to seeing reports of refugees swamping the borders of countries abroad - Syrians fleeing to Turkey, Sudanese streaming to South Sudan. But they arenít accustomed to seeing such flights of humanity on their doorstep.

The escalating numbers of young children arriving alone at the U.S. border with Mexico, many of them younger than 13, prompted the president to declare a humanitarian crisis on Monday.

The issue has brought to light a divide; those who believe in stronger immigration enforcement blame the president and consider the arrivals an immigration enforcement problem. Groups who work with children who have crossed the border alone say the nation is experiencing its own refugee crisis as children flee violence in their home countries.

Full story here: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/a...is-u-s-n121441 and here: A U.S. refugee crisis of epic proportionshttp://www.cnn.com/2014/06/13/us/immigration-undocumented-children-explainer/index.html

Now I understand there are some suck ass places to live in the world, but why do we have to always be the ones to bail everyone out?? Why can't people in these countries use a fucking condom?? If you live in a shithole that isn't suitable for raising kids, then don't have the god damn kids. And who in the **** ships off their kid with a note to a foreign country?? It seems to me this is just another case of a lack of personal responsibility. I understand that sometimes people get caught in bad situations, but this is getting out of hand.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/14/2014 11:59am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go check your American History, sending kids over has been happening for centuries.

Why can't people in these countries use a fucking condom?? If you live in a shithole that isn't suitable for raising kids, then don't have the god damn kids.
    Same reason it happens in America. Wait what? In your righteous anger you forgot all about that didn't you?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ty-in-the-u-s/

Only three other countries in the developed world have a higher child poverty rate (pdf) than the U.S., according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Mexico leads all nations with a rate of 25.79, followed by Chile (23.95), Turkey (23.46), and the U.S. (21.63).
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ty-in-the-u-s/

The nation’s poorest kids primarily live in households headed by a single female (pdf). Nearly half of all children with a single mother — 47.6 percent — live in poverty. Indeed, the children of single mothers experience poverty at a rate that is more than four times higher than kids in married-couple families.
    Now, you go ahead and tell us how every area in America is perfect, there is no violence and there are no shitholes where people should be using condoms.

This is coming from a person who HATES immigration amnesty. We need to work on something that benefits American and LEGAL immigrants FIRST, before spending billions on people who shouldn't be here in the first place.

Posted On:
    6/15/2014 5:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Now I understand there are some suck ass places to live in the world, but why do we have to always be the ones to bail everyone out??
    Karma is a bitch.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/15/2014 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Now I understand there are some suck ass places to live in the world, but why do we have to always be the ones to bail everyone out?
    The rest of the world doesn't think very highly of the USA anyway, our government believes it has to do their part to be a good neighbor. Either that OR they don't want to piss off third-world nations with huge reserves of crude oil.
    Besides, if we just kicked their ass and took their resources, we'd look like bullies.

My new motto: If you can't feed them, don't breed them.

Posted On:
    6/18/2014 11:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honduras to ask U.S. not to deport its kids
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/us/hon...ids/index.html

So I guess this means even their home countries don't want them. Basically Honduras is saying we have to keep them when they sneak in. Look I feel sorry for them and all that, but are they fucking serious??

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    6/20/2014 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The original US colonies were founded by illegal immigrants. It'd be kind of hypocritical for us to turn them away now.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    The original US colonies were founded by illegal immigrants. It'd be kind of hypocritical for us to turn them away now.
    Actually they were conquerors, they were not trying to be part of the existing society, so moot point. Also that was over 200 years ago. I'm reminded of a quote from lethal weapon "what happened to give us your sick, your poor" "well now it reads no vacancies".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 2:55pm

Style: Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bneterasedmynam I'm really not sure what you have to moan about. Compared to a number of other countries in the world the US has significantly less refugees.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...n-unhcr-report

The US (according to the UN) has approx 263,000 refugees.

France has approx. 232,000 refugees

Turkey has 609,000 refugees

Pakistan has 1.6 million refugees

A number of Afican countries have significantly more refugees than the US and a fraction of it's wealth so the burden is significantly higher than the US has to pay for.

Bneterasedmynam, you mention about "personal responsibility". Considering most of these people are fleeing war zones where they can be raped, murdered or otherwise terrorised I think shows considerable personal responsibility (as well as hardship and fortitude) has gone into them fleeing into "safer" parts of the world.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 3:24pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go read his post history, he has a PhD in ignorance and a minor in bigotry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 3:27pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Go read his post history, he has a PhD in ignorance and a minor in bigotry.
    Ah! My bad!
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast