Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 8:19am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Thanks fellas. That's what I thought.

I've got a mountain of dirt on this guy at this point. I've got a ton of screenshots of claims he's made. From what I've been able to dig up on the internet the most likely scenario is that he was actually in the Army but was some kind of medical tech or some **** working in a hospital. He's also a college professor and I've got proof that he's going around telling his students he was some badass Green Beret.

At this point I'm waiting for my Freedom of Information Act request to be fulfilled so I'll have definitive proof he's a fake. My plan is to wrap it all up nice and neat with a bow and give it to one of the sites that expose military frauds. They can give it the exposure it deserves better than I can. They also may have some investigative tools I don't have and could be able to uncover some things I've missed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's falsifying academic credentials as well, but I have no evidence of that. I considered handling this on Bullshido, but for various reasons I decided to take it elsewhere.
    Saying your a SOAR Ranger is sorta like saying your a MARSOC Tanker....

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 5:14pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Saying your a SOAR Ranger is sorta like saying your a MARSOC Tanker....
    It's not quite that bad. Ranger school is ostensibly open to all MOSes, subject to approval. You could conceivably have a cook, fueler or aircraft mechanic who is tabbed. I was approved for airborne and ranger school contingent on completing airborne after AIT and I was an intel guy. Then I got new orders to go to Germany and figured I'd do it later. Kinda glad I didn't get to. My knees are bad enough as it is. Admittedly, I don't know much about Marine organizational structure, but this is more like claiming "3rd Recon Bn, Marine Special Operations Regiment"

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 11:03pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eh..there's a difference between having the tab and claiming that you are a "Ranger"....most people claiming to be Rangers are trying to say they were in a Ranger Bat. Not sure in Devils case what the claim was.

Posted On:
    7/10/2014 12:33am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I totally get you. I'm pretty inclusive of who I'd call a Ranger: graduates of ranger school and those who've served in one of the ranger battalions. Judging by what Devil wrote earlier, I'm assuming this guy is claiming ranger battalion, since I have never heard of any other units that could be referred to as "3rd Ranger."

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/10/2014 1:06am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have never heard of any other units that could be referred to as "3rd Ranger."
    World of Warcraft...??

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/10/2014 7:32am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Not sure in Devils case what the claim was.
    Neither is the guy making the claims. He's made so many contradictory statements, it's ridiculous. It's like he changes his make believe history based on who he's talking to and what the subject matter is. There's a trail all over the internet of **** he's said and qualifications he's claimed that contradict each other. Fucker would've had about 7 or 8 MOSs in 8 years. But sometimes he was in the Army for 12 years. lol.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    7/10/2014 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old but ever relevant.

Posted On:
    7/16/2014 10:23am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just seeing how the fellow denoted his combat service makes him suspicious. B Co, 3rd Rangers, 160th. It sounds like he just looked up which units were involved in Gothic Serpent and wasn't smart enough to separate them out as different units.

His career timeline is fairly suspicious if you assume that he is just senile and doesn't know how to clearly delineate what units he was in, as well. Seven years is an awfully short time to have gone through basic/AIT, Airborne school, RIP, done time at 3rd Ranger Battalion, PCSed to Campbell to the 160th (which was only the 160th SOAR as of 1990), gone to SFAS, been picked up, gone to the Q course for 18D, GRADUATED Q course as an 18D (a feat that can take 2-3 years in current time), fulfilled his service obligation, and gotten out. Perhaps his SF medic comment was just intended to mean that the fellow is a graduate of whatever the 80s version of SOCM was, which would make his timeline reasonable and the units he served in at least possible, if not plausible.

At any rate, you would be hard pressed to find someone who served in the 75th Ranger Regiment and left honorably purposely misidentifying himself as an SF Medic. So you're either dealing with a guy who made a bunch of **** up, or doesn't really think anyone he is telling this to knows anything about the Army in the 80s and is trying to translate what he did into terms that the average American might understand from watching television.

My gut feeling is that this fellow is full of horse ****.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/16/2014 11:58am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Just seeing how the fellow denoted his combat service makes him suspicious. B Co, 3rd Rangers, 160th. It sounds like he just looked up which units were involved in Gothic Serpent and wasn't smart enough to separate them out as different units.

His career timeline is fairly suspicious if you assume that he is just senile and doesn't know how to clearly delineate what units he was in, as well. Seven years is an awfully short time to have gone through basic/AIT, Airborne school, RIP, done time at 3rd Ranger Battalion, PCSed to Campbell to the 160th (which was only the 160th SOAR as of 1990), gone to SFAS, been picked up, gone to the Q course for 18D, GRADUATED Q course as an 18D (a feat that can take 2-3 years in current time), fulfilled his service obligation, and gotten out. Perhaps his SF medic comment was just intended to mean that the fellow is a graduate of whatever the 80s version of SOCM was, which would make his timeline reasonable and the units he served in at least possible, if not plausible.

At any rate, you would be hard pressed to find someone who served in the 75th Ranger Regiment and left honorably purposely misidentifying himself as an SF Medic. So you're either dealing with a guy who made a bunch of **** up, or doesn't really think anyone he is telling this to knows anything about the Army in the 80s and is trying to translate what he did into terms that the average American might understand from watching television.

My gut feeling is that this fellow is full of horse ****.
    Yeah, he's full of ****. So many contradictions. I found what I believe to be his actual military units on a website for veterans to reconnect with old friends. He probably thought he was safe since the profile isn't viewable by the general public but I just registered and could see his units, which are a far cry from what he's claiming elsewhere. Honestly, I think the guy may be legitimately off his rocker. He hasn't made a whole lot of effort to have a tight story. Or maybe he just didn't think anyone would pay attention. Wrong, ************.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12