230839 Bullies, 4044 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/11/2014 11:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need FOIA Help

I need a favor from one of you guys who has submitted a Freedom of Information Act request to verify prior military service.

Long story short - I've been communicating with someone who I suspect is making fraudulent military claims. He's claiming he was a Ranger and then an SF medic. 1983-1989.

I want to do an FOIA request. I could figure out how to get it done but time is short. I need to get it done tomorrow because I'll be traveling for a while after that. After taking a quick peek at the info online I'm a little confused about the process. It seems like there may be a different process depending on whether it was more or less than 25 years ago. 1989 would be right around that threshold and I don't know about the months.

So, not sure how to proceed and in the interest of time I'm shamelessly asking one of you to spoon feed it to me if you're familiar with the process. Where does my request go? What format? Is there a form? What info do I need? Help a brother out.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 8:59am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Thanks. On it.

Posted On:
    7/03/2014 3:33pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, I did send this request. Thanks for the info Rabbit. Curious to see what I'll find out.

Interestingly, it was a martial arts related claim that initially sent up a red flag for me with this guy. In short, he was on facebook and a discussion related to women's self defense came up. He presented himself as an authority on the matter and explained that he had seen a tiny female Massod agent kill an armed man three times her size with her bare hands. El. Oh. El.

There's so much wrong with that statement other than the obvious hilarity of it. Like, why the **** was a Massod agent trying to kill an armed man with her bare hands? Why the **** were you standing there watching? Why were you not putting holes in this man?

Anyway, I dug into his claims a little more and they're pretty extensive and basically fucking retarded. Over the course of multiple conversations he has said tons of **** that doesn't add up, like claiming to be involved with two different historical events that happened on opposite sides of the globe like two days apart. Uh huh.

Anyway, should be fun.

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 9:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Army pukes - help me out here. Still digging into this butt pirate's background. He was asked what Ranger unit he served with. I don't know much at all about Army structure but his answer does not seem to make sense to me. This was his reply:

Bravo Co., 3rd Rangers, 160th SOAR.

Is that even a plausible response? 160th SOAR is an aviation regiment, right? Keep in mind, he's claiming service in the mid 80s if that helps.

Posted On:
    7/08/2014 11:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

Bravo Co., 3rd Rangers, 160th SOAR.

Is that even a plausible response? 160th SOAR is an aviation regiment, right? Keep in mind, he's claiming service in the mid 80s if that helps.
    I am not an army puke but it doesn't seem right to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/160th_S...ent_(Airborne)

75th Ranger Regiment and 160th SOAR are different units

The guy has read Black Hawk down a few too many times.
    If you read the Somalia section here you will see how what he is saying is way off
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ations_Command
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 12:11am

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's made up his own unit designation as far as I can tell. 3rd Ranger Battalion is part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, like all current Ranger Battalions. Since the other battalions have been inactive since WW2 it's a shame he didn't claim the 4th. 3rd Ranger Battalion was reactivated in 1984. However, this in no way precludes Ranger qualified soldiers from being in other units.

Make sure you pick on him with the 160th SOAR thing. It wasn't even SOAR until the 1990. In '81, when it was made, it was the 160th Aviation Bn. Then 160th Aviation Group. While it having the 160th drag rangers around would not be out of the ordinary in the slightest, here's their table of organization: http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...11/Image85.gif

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 12:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a list of the 160th SOAR units

Units:
    Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne)
    1st Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne)
    2nd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne)
    3rd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), Hunter Army Airfield, Ga.
    4th Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), Fort Lewis, Wa.
    Special Operations Aviation Training Company
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 12:12am

Style: BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goodlun's got the right of it. Especially with Black Hawk Down. He's conflated two units that were there: 3rd Ranger Bn., 75th Ranger Reg. and 1st Bn, 160th SOAR. At this point, you might want to see if you know anyone who knows anyone who was a ranger near his house. They take this **** pretty serious.

Edit: I didn't even notice, but the 160th SOAR was a Battalion itself until '86. No way it had another battalion inside it. That's essentially why they made it a "group" instead. It continued to be a group until after he was out of service.
    Last edited by wetware; 7/09/2014 12:41am at .

Posted On:
    7/09/2014 8:04am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks fellas. That's what I thought.

I've got a mountain of dirt on this guy at this point. I've got a ton of screenshots of claims he's made. From what I've been able to dig up on the internet the most likely scenario is that he was actually in the Army but was some kind of medical tech or some **** working in a hospital. He's also a college professor and I've got proof that he's going around telling his students he was some badass Green Beret.

At this point I'm waiting for my Freedom of Information Act request to be fulfilled so I'll have definitive proof he's a fake. My plan is to wrap it all up nice and neat with a bow and give it to one of the sites that expose military frauds. They can give it the exposure it deserves better than I can. They also may have some investigative tools I don't have and could be able to uncover some things I've missed. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's falsifying academic credentials as well, but I have no evidence of that. I considered handling this on Bullshido, but for various reasons I decided to take it elsewhere.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast