225243 Bullies, 3948 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, as a side note - Obama has to back off. He has no choice. Congress WILL NOT pass any gun laws. Remember, they were scared to begin with. They remember the purge in the congressional elections following Clinton's AWB. After Sandy Hook it was not easy for them to even get enough support in the Democrat controlled Senate. It was close. And there was never any chance of getting **** through the Republican controlled House. I knew two days after the shooting that there would be no new laws and posted that conclusion here.

Basically, Sandy Hook bought us the guarantee of no new gun laws for close to a decade. There will be no Congressional support for it. They know if they can't do it after a room full of school kids are murdered they can't do it at all. There's no chance, at least until Congressional districts are redrawn, which could open the possibility of a Democrat controlled House. That is still several years away.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The ammo shortage began due to panic about laws that were being pushed but were never passed. The gun law legislation push was completely shut down. Obama lost, plain and simple.
    He never wanted to be in that fight. Sure it is a loss, but not in the way every one implies. He passed the buck to the Vice President. If I want something done, the last thing I do is tell someone else to figure it out. I won't defend him on anything, but the mass gun ban hysteria his election induced.

Nothing has really happened but lots of people haven't gotten over the whole post-school shooting threat against their gun rights, which was a legitimate threat. They're still pissed off about it. There has been just enough actual activity from the government to keep things from calming down. Every time things start to cool off, something like the lead thing pops up.
    We will disagree on it being a legit threat. I watched that entire interview and laughed. I told my friend there were a bunch of words that said "I'm not doing ****, y'all figure it out." Of course, once the "mad" crowd started screaming "They are gunna take our guns" we all sat here and watched ammo and gun pries skyrocket.

In general, I think gun owners have become more militant and have dug their heels in big time. It definitely has resulted in ammo hoarding. In short, I would say the Obama administration is to largely to blame for the ammo shortage, but it isn't because of any real results he has achieved. It's because of the perceived threat.
    We will also disagree on this as well. I blame the media and misinformation, with a big heap of hyperbole for the ammo shortage. I can't help it if twitter and the internet have dumbed people down, so much, to the point they believe anything written on the internet.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're actually right about the legitimate threat point. The White House definitely wanted to do something, but it's true that they never could have.

I'm convinced that every member of Congress knew immediately there would be no new laws. If I could figure it out, they definitely could.

In fact, I think that is probably the only reason it passed the Senate. They knew they could grandstand without actually being on the hook for any new laws because the House would shoot it down. So their risk was mitigated.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 1:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are joking right?
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-on-mass-...221406240.html

This was on Tuesday. Let's be real, there is a point where you should be smart enough to, stop banging your head against the wall. They gridlocked when he was voted in, they gridlocked after SandyHook, he was blasted for speaking out on the Treyvon Martin shooting and he's getting beaten up for these comments.

I'd be subdued, after a point, as well.
    I wish we had a President who understood probability and statistics, even a little bit...but I guess even if he does have some idea about correlation vs causation etc., he won't be honest about what the real issues are regarding the "surge in gun violence/mass shootings".

The idea that crazy people can be stopped from doing crazy things is itself crazy to large degree, especially in our society where (some) civil liberties are so prized and protected.

The only way to truly reduce gun violence, mass shootings or otherwise, is to get rid of private ownership of firearms, period. Criminals would still get firearms, but they might be harder to find and procure after several decades of oppression. Even then, foreign sources would not be dried up.

Given we probably have at least one firearm in the USA for every man, woman, and child (crazy or not!), that might take a while...let alone probably cause a civil war/insurrection.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 12:40am

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Okay, so I was arguing with a guy at work who said much of the ammo problems aredue to laws Obama passed. I said wtf? I know he has suggested what he wants to do and signed some crap that needs to go before congress. Aside from the irrational "He's banning guns buy everything" I've heard since 2007, what has he passed?

Back when he first got elected, I attended the monthly gun show in Phoenix.

Now there is one company that sells in bulk, that always has multiple tables set up. This particular Saturday morning, it was swamped. I mean, these dickheads were 5 deep, trying to get at the table.

Some guy says to me "you'd better get it while you can. Obama's going to outlaw guns!"

I said to him, "people like you are the ones that are causing shortages. He ain't going to do ****."

For two years after this, you could not find even .22 LR on the shelves. These old fuckers would show up at the gun stores, even in places like WalMart, and clean them out the minute a palette of ammo was shipped in. And when the nonsense about semi-autos started again, they all ran out and bought every AR-15 off the shelf. I pretty much did not shoot for almost three years because of this.

This shortage was caused by HYSTERIA. Hysteria that was encouraged by gun sellers and gun manufacturers. Distribution problems exacerbated by outright hoarding.

Don't misunderstand me. If these clowns in Congress thought they had the support, they would have banned semi-autos, restricted handgun purchases, and made ammo impossible to purchase. Made us all take psych evaluations. But they haven't. Michael Bloomberg has outspent the NRA yet we are seeing the tide constantly turning in places like Colorado.

I have pissed of a lot of pro gun people in public places, because I call these a-holes on their game. I'm old enough to remember when Bill Ruger took out full page ads supporting the Clinton ban back in the nineties. Will not buy Ruger products to this day. But the simple fact is that Obama has not done a damn thing. There have been some set backs in places like Chicago and the Northeast, but by and large the flames have been fanned by people selling guns and ammunition.

I survived the NJ assault rifle ban in 1989 ( still on the books ). It ain't no fun living in a place like that where you are looked at with less respect than a convenience store robber for owning ( or wanting to shoot ) guns. Now I live in a much more gun friendly environment.

Off my soap box now.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/21/2014 1:28am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. Trust me I know. I asked because I thought something changed. We are six years in and we have a loophole closing attempt and a recommendation for ending the purchase of silencers. Whoop de fucking do. I keep telling people the gun nuts have started most of the rumors about Obama and Guns.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12