Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/11/2014 7:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Obama Gun Laws

Okay, so I was arguing with a guy at work who said much of the ammo problems aredue to laws Obama passed. I said wtf? I know he has suggested what he wants to do and signed some crap that needs to go before congress. Aside from the irrational "He's banning guns buy everything" I've heard since 2007, what has he passed?

The reason I ask is. all I find are fringe websites with dumbasses confusing executive orders and recommendations with laws.

Posted On:
    6/11/2014 7:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't find anything "new" at the ATF.
    https://www.atf.gov/content/library/laws
    So as far as I know its all bullshit he simply doesn't have the power to enact these sort of laws.

Posted On:
    6/11/2014 7:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/11/2014 7:45pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He as much as said he was throwing up his hands on gun control recently. He can't get any traction.

Posted On:
    6/11/2014 7:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a Forbes article
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...the-president/

It would have been nice if the gave the Executive Order # oh wait most of them where not even Executive Orders

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 10:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    He as much as said he was throwing up his hands on gun control recently. He can't get any traction.
    Looks that way to me too. I think he has much bigger fish to fry, plus being in the fire over Benghazi, Berghal, et al.

I am shocked over the lack of Presidential outrage over all the recent shootings in the US, I was expecting a shitstorm.

Maybe the will get to it later.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 10:35am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the lack of ammo and reloading components is due to mostly profiteering by hoarders. Last week at a "garage sale" here .22 ammo was going for $10 for a box of plain lead standard velocity (box of 50...).

.22 ammo manufacturing equipment is dedicated...can't be switched to another caliber like centerfire ammo. Where are those millions of round of .22 ammo made per month going, I wonder ?

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I am shocked over the lack of Presidential outrage over all the recent shootings in the US, I was expecting a shitstorm.
    You are joking right?
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-on-mass-...221406240.html

By turns angry and anguished, President Barack Obama declared on Tuesday that his “biggest frustration” since taking office has been America’s failure to take even modest steps to curb mass shootings so frequent that they threaten to become routine.

“The country has to do some soul-searching about this,” Obama said gravely in a town-hall question-and-answer session led by Tumblr founder and CEO David Karp in the White House’s State Dining Room.

“This is becoming the norm. And we take it for granted in ways that, as a parent, are terrifying to me,” he said. “I am prepared to work with anybody, including responsible sportsmen and gun owners, to craft some solutions. But right now, it's not even possible to get even the mildest restrictions through Congress. And we should be ashamed of that.”
    This was on Tuesday. Let's be real, there is a point where you should be smart enough to, stop banging your head against the wall. They gridlocked when he was voted in, they gridlocked after SandyHook, he was blasted for speaking out on the Treyvon Martin shooting and he's getting beaten up for these comments.

I'd be subdued, after a point, as well.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 6/12/2014 12:21pm at .

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    With me, I never know !

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    6/12/2014 12:25pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ammo shortage began due to panic about laws that were being pushed but were never passed. The gun legislation push was completely shut down. Obama lost, plain and simple.

As a last ditch effort he did sign an executive order to change some ATF regulations but it's nothing that will impact most gun owners. For instance, re-importing a couple different military weapons. I don't remember specifically but it was old **** that mostly irritated certain collectors. It also could have a significant impact on silencer ownership. That may still be the case but as of now the whole thing is mired in red tape with no actual ATF change in the foreseeable future.

People have also panicked because of talk about lead smelters being forced out of business and the potential for ammo prices to skyrocket as a result.

Nothing has really happened but lots of people haven't gotten over the whole post-school shooting threat against their gun rights, which was a legitimate threat. They're still pissed off about it. There has been just enough actual activity from the government to keep things from calming down. Every time things start to cool off, something like the lead thing pops up.

In general, I think gun owners have become more militant and have dug their heels in big time. It definitely has resulted in ammo hoarding. In short, I would say the Obama administration is largely to blame for the ammo shortage, but it isn't because of any real results he has achieved. It's because of the perceived threat.
    Last edited by Devil; 6/12/2014 12:42pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast