Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,270
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would've knocked that bitch out on general principle.

  2. #12
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,426
    Style
    xingyi
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good lord I hate this ****. I taught my daughters, "Don't do something violent to someone you don't expect back in return." There are men out there that won't hold you, they will knock the ever living snot out of your ass.

    This **** has been on my last nerve. When Beyonce's punk ass sister tried to fight Jay-z, all the women were calling him a punk and screaming "you go girl, he must have done something wrong."

    I understand the comment "she wasn't a threat," but I sure as hell will never like it.

    He did the accepted societal thing. Is it right? Yes and if he would have punched her, I'd say he was right as well.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    919
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He did the smart thing, which will have the greatest long term benefit.

    And yeah, when I was a kid we called them remote control helicopters. Been around forever.... It's just an issue now because of nut job paranoia.

    The woman's privacy would have been more compromised if the kid was using the camera in his phone. But phones aren't on the conspiracy theory naughty lists. Unless it's about the NSA tapping into them ;-)

  4. #14
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,781
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds like after the video got turned off he got a few licks in.
    The thing that bothers me from all accounts that 17 year old kid would have been arrested had he not had that video.

    Sure a 17 year old kid with enough money for an IPhone, Quad Chopper, and Go pro cam.
    Probably would have gotten off in the end, it would have fucking sucked bad. Always has the chance for it to go bad.

    This is what bothers me most about this story. A lot of time you have to invite crazy into your life and its kind of your fault. Here you have a kid just playing around with a perfectly innocent hobby. He was well with in his rights to go to the beach and fly around his remote controlled toy. Worse yet though this isn't even one of those situations. You know where some ass hat is asserting his rights to just assert their rights just because they can. He wasn't trying to stir controversy or bother people.

    Nope he just gets attacked by a woman whom would have been difficult to deescalate.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  5. #15
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,270
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    It sounds like after the video got turned off he got a few licks in.
    The thing that bothers me from all accounts that 17 year old kid would have been arrested had he not had that video.

    Sure a 17 year old kid with enough money for an IPhone, Quad Chopper, and Go pro cam.
    Probably would have gotten off in the end, it would have fucking sucked bad. Always has the chance for it to go bad.

    This is what bothers me most about this story. A lot of time you have to invite crazy into your life and its kind of your fault. Here you have a kid just playing around with a perfectly innocent hobby. He was well with in his rights to go to the beach and fly around his remote controlled toy. Worse yet though this isn't even one of those situations. You know where some ass hat is asserting his rights to just assert their rights just because they can. He wasn't trying to stir controversy or bother people.

    Nope he just gets attacked by a woman whom would have been difficult to deescalate.
    And sometimes you just do what you've got to do without agonizing over the consequences. Such is life.

  6. #16
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,781
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    And sometimes you just do what you've got to do without agonizing over the consequences. Such is life.
    I tend to agree but the nature of these consequences I think its very important to be diligent in your decision making process.

    Like I said earlier he is not likely to get the worse end of the legal stick he could.
    Get tried and convicted as an adult. on assault charges which would really **** up the rest of his life.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

  7. #17
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,350
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "assault someone who's annoying you then tell the cops they assaulted you" tactic is depressingly popular in homemade skateboarder vids when they get confronted by people absolutely losing their **** because someone dares to skate in their presence. Filming everything actually got some of my skate buddies off the hook when we were teenagers, when cameras were rare and mostly not digital.

  8. #18
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,270
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I tend to agree but the nature of these consequences I think its very important to be diligent in your decision making process.

    Like I said earlier he is not likely to get the worse end of the legal stick he could.
    Get tried and convicted as an adult. on assault charges which would really **** up the rest of his life.
    We're all just one decision away from the penitentiary at all times. No need to fret over it.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    919
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    We're all just one decision away from the penitentiary at all times. No need to fret over it.
    As a vociferous defender of my anal virginity... I say fret.

  10. #20
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,593
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    It sounds like after the video got turned off he got a few licks in.
    The thing that bothers me from all accounts that 17 year old kid would have been arrested had he not had that video.

    Sure a 17 year old kid with enough money for an IPhone, Quad Chopper, and Go pro cam.
    Probably would have gotten off in the end, it would have fucking sucked bad. Always has the chance for it to go bad.

    This is what bothers me most about this story. A lot of time you have to invite crazy into your life and its kind of your fault. Here you have a kid just playing around with a perfectly innocent hobby. He was well with in his rights to go to the beach and fly around his remote controlled toy. Worse yet though this isn't even one of those situations. You know where some ass hat is asserting his rights to just assert their rights just because they can. He wasn't trying to stir controversy or bother people.

    Nope he just gets attacked by a woman whom would have been difficult to deescalate.
    Adult battery on a juvenile, she will have fun with those charges, LOL !

    Gotta watch out for those high flying up-skirt pervs...or whatever set her off in the first place.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in