Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2014 9:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Would you study kickboxing from a guy like this

There is a guy in nyc that runs a kickboxing guy. He is this short guy with a big pot belly. He competed once in a kickboxing match and was destroyed by his opponent. A few of his students won some competition but that is a given. Own a gym with good facilities and you are bound to have a few winners. I have seen crappy teachers have winning students. Would anyone study kickboxing from an overweight, out of shape guy, that competed once[and got his ass handed to him] and is making his pockets fat from prostituting the arts?

Posted On:
    10/02/2014 6:14am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldnt. Having said that i have to say that good competition fighters dont always make good teachers. Teaching martial arts is a different artform than actually fighting. When looking for a teacher i dont necessarily search for a world champion but it is important to me that the teacher has competition experience (one fight is not enough IMO). Teaching experience is very important and education as well. I thing that a good martial arts teacher should have a lot of experience, the right character, right attitude. some sort of education in coaching and a good knowledge of the human body and fight psychology. But thats my opinion.

Posted On:
    11/29/2014 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gleason's Gym

Quote Originally Posted by cool chris View Post
    There is a guy in nyc that runs a kickboxing guy. He is this short guy with a big pot belly. He competed once in a kickboxing match and was destroyed by his opponent. A few of his students won some competition but that is a given. Own a gym with good facilities and you are bound to have a few winners. I have seen crappy teachers have winning students. Would anyone study kickboxing from an overweight, out of shape guy, that competed once[and got his ass handed to him] and is making his pockets fat from prostituting the arts?
    No
    Train with me next time. No bullshit here. go to Redplanetfight.com and get more info on me if your interested in at least amateur fighting or private training. I am not doing casual Muay Thai classes at the moment.