Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... Last

Style
    BJJ, Judo, JJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Selfe Defense=Rape Culture"-Feminists

http://twitchy.com/2014/06/09/rape-c...ing-for-women/

Being the proud father of 2 young girls and a wife that are all avid martial artists, my only response to this nonsense is:

Name:  mugatu.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  11.4 KB

Why kind of Huxleyan world do these feminists think we live in?

Let's train the bad people not to do bad things... that should work!

And if that doesn't work, we'll just ask them to stop.... nicely.

Style
    MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sympathetic to the source of the outrage being against the idea that anyone should -need- to know how to break necks and take names in order to stop from being the victims of sexual violence. This is true; we should not need to be. Likewise, I shouldn't have to loop my bike lock through the front wheel of my bike to keep assholes from stealing it.
    But sadly, we do not live in the world we want, only the world we live in, which for reasons not entirely clear to me, is filled with rapists and wheel-thieves.
    So yeah, just to clarify: I understand but disagree with the critics.
    Last edited by TheMightyMcClaw; 6/09/2014 2:39pm at .
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    Judo noob, injured guy.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One the one hand, I get the point that the people who disliked her answer are making: women shouldn't have to defend themselves from rape, because people shouldn't rape each other.

On the other hand, people DO rape each other, and as one of those tweets pointed it self defense is a great way for women to take control of their situations. Or at least training effective martial arts is. I know I feel much better now that my wife is training Judo and Jiu Jitsu alongside me.

Its unfortunate that women (and men) get raped. But hollering on twitter that people shouldn't rape hasn't prevented any rapes as far as I can tell. The ability to defend yourself (and choke someone the **** out when they crawl between your legs) is pretty effective. Saying "No! Don't learn self defense! Just expect men not to rape you despite the fact that I also bang away about rape culture!" is stupid.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't we separate the notion that self defense training is a good thing, from the notion that a lack of self defense training is the reason for rape?

Style
    Judo noob, injured guy.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Can't we separate the notion that self defense training is a good thing, from the notion that a lack of self defense training is the reason for rape?
    I think that's an excellent idea. I don't think anyone argued that it was the latter.

Style
    BJJ, Judo, JJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I don't think anyone's arguing that a lack of self defense training is the reason for rape. I take exception to the logic that self defense training is not a useful deterrent for those that would wish to do you harm. Be it rape or otherwise.

Is it a guarantee that you won't be a victim simply because of some training? Of course not. But I'll take my chances with BJJ/Judo over applying social media pressure to a beauty pageant queen 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

#rapeisnotnice

#pleasestop

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This just in.........feminists are fucking retarded. Also coming up at 11...........water is wet.

What's really funny is watching people get all butthurt about what some dumbass feminist says. Getting mad at a feminist for spouting nonsense is like getting mad at a kid on the short bus for licking the window.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a rule I have a problem with any of these concepts where we allow idealism to completely trump reality.

I am all for changing "rape culture" I think great strides have been made.
    However changing the "rape culture" is not going to end rape.

I do have to wonder if the person whom wrote the article eschews other basic safety things such as wearing a seat belt, locking her doors, and running a firewall on her home network.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ, Judo, JJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    This just in.........feminists are fucking retarded. Also coming up at 11...........water is wet.

What's really funny is watching people get all butthurt about what some dumbass feminist says. Getting mad at a feminist for spouting nonsense is like getting mad at a kid on the short bus for licking the window.
    Thanks for talking me off the ledge, Devil.

You are, of course, correct.

What was Einstein's definition of insanity? :)

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no rape culture. What a stupid fucking concept.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... Last