Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Going to Vegas!

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Going to Vegas!

So I'm flying to Vegas on Monday, immediately after getting back from Cedar Point.
    \m/
    I'm officially going as a merchant for Combatcon (which some of you may have heard of), but I'm setting aside some extra days to explore the city.
    Between rounds of gambling my life savings away, I want to do some training down there. Given that it's sort of the heart of the MMA industry, it appears that there's more than a few well reputed gyms down there.
    I have a list of recommendations from my own coach, but figured that, like Moose before me, I'd crowdsource my life decisions to a bunch of assholes on the internet.
    So yeah. Gym recommendations? For that matter, other Things to Do recommendations? (besides the above mentioned gambling my life away, which goes without saying)
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Style
    BJJ, Judo, JJJ

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    So I'm flying to Vegas on Monday, immediately after getting back from Cedar Point.
    \m/
    I'm officially going as a merchant for Combatcon (which some of you may have heard of), but I'm setting aside some extra days to explore the city.
    Between rounds of gambling my life savings away, I want to do some training down there. Given that it's sort of the heart of the MMA industry, it appears that there's more than a few well reputed gyms down there.
    I have a list of recommendations from my own coach, but figured that, like Moose before me, I'd crowdsource my life decisions to a bunch of assholes on the internet.
    So yeah. Gym recommendations? For that matter, other Things to Do recommendations? (besides the above mentioned gambling my life away, which goes without saying)
    Look no further...
    http://www.combatcon.com/what-to-do/...-arts-classes/
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always practise at a God Fearing Dojo

http://www.karateaikido.com/default.aspx

Be a good counter balence to the fleshpots of Las Vegas that one will probably indulge in.....

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    You could always practise at a God Fearing Dojo

http://www.karateaikido.com/default.aspx

Be a good counter balence to the fleshpots of Las Vegas that one will probably indulge in.....
    They train cops, they must be good.

http://www.karateaikido.com/clients.aspx

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    They train cops, they must be good.

http://www.karateaikido.com/clients.aspx
    As well as "UNLV Rebels Softball Team". I didn't realise that softball was so violent.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As well as "UNLV Rebels Softball Team". I didn't realise that softball was so violent.
    It's the bats.. just holding one (or two for you FMA guys) in the hand(s) makes people more inclined to violence.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I played on my unit team in Germany. I sucked so bad that my own teammates wanted to kick my ass so yeah, it can be a violent sport.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/gracie-brazi...egas-las-vegas

^^This is where I dropped in when I was out there^^

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    BJJ/MT
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vegas is cool as hell, just remember to use the damn elevated crosswalks. Drivers on the strip and surrounding area have no mercy for you and believe their vehicles run on the souls of sacrificed jaywalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I played on my unit team in Germany. I sucked so bad that my own teammates wanted to kick my ass so yeah, it can be a violent sport.
    We never had softball leagues. We had ultimate frisbee. We were pretty damn good at it, too. It was fun times, hooah hooah hardcore units getting whooped up on by a bunch of intel "weenies."

Style
    Judo noob, injured guy.
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    They have both a Ringen and Bare Knuckle Pugilism class... I'd totally go to those.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last