Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/26/2014 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who reloads?

I've reloaded ammo before but decided to get back into it a while back. So I've got a decent little set up and figured I would share and see who else is into it.

All I'm reloading right now is .308 because that's all I'm shooting. But may get into .223 since a bunch of friends are begging me to.

I'm using mostly Hornady stuff. Which, by the way, if you get dies or a press from them right now, they are giving away free bullets.

So here is my setup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401127659.807120.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	16070

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 9:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do and have for a long time. I moved into a smaller place though and am struggling to get stuff set up again. I reload for .357/.38 special and my 7x57 hunting rifle. .223 will be starting up pretty soon as well, but I don't have the dies yet.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 9:46am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I enjoy reloading but I'm giving it up. I may work up some handloads occasionally for load development on precision bolt guns but that's about it for me. To me, it's just not worth the risk.

One of the things I've learned with my gunsmithing pursuits is that hand loading is one of the most common causes of firearm failure. Everybody thinks they won't **** up, but it can happen. I've done it myself and I've prided myself on being anal as hell and following the manuals carefully when reloading. Still managed to do something wrong and had a squib load in a Ruger Blackhawk. I'm just not messing around with it anymore. I'm not trying to get killed or maimed over some fucking bullets.

That said, it is a fun hobby. Enjoy.

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 10:01am

Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did it for economical reasons, but now that lead is so expensive, it's difficult to justify the investment in time over the cost of Blazers for pistol ammo. I'll keep up with the shotshells though. Largely moot, ever since The Man hired me to work fro Big Pharma, I can't carry at work, which means I rarely carry, which means I have less impetus to practice, so I don't go through 100-250 rounds a week of centerfire any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 10:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I did it for economical reasons, but now that lead is so expensive, it's difficult to justify the investment in time over the cost of Blazers for pistol ammo. I'll keep up with the shotshells though. Largely moot, ever since The Man hired me to work fro Big Pharma, I can't carry at work, which means I rarely carry, which means I have less impetus to practice, so I don't go through 100-250 rounds a week of centerfire any more.
    I plan to start reloading shotshells, as we (as a family) started shooting trap again. The shot is pretty expensive, though, still, cheaper in the long run reload. I've been saving shotshells for a long time.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 11:58am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was thinking of doing shot shells, too. May end up doing that.

I've had squib loads and misfires from factory loads. So, I guess it can go both ways. It's pretty fun though.

Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 12:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking of doing shot shells, too. May end up doing that.

I've had squib loads and misfires from factory loads. So, I guess it can go both ways. It's pretty fun though.

It is fun, and yes you can get bad factory ammo. But the factories are going to have quality control systems and automation in place that mostly eliminate the possibility of human error. There is less risk with factory ammo.