Style
    Muay Thai & Tae Kwon Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posts not being approved. WTF?

Hey all,

I know this may be redundant, considering another newbie started a thread about this about a week ago, but I figure that another thread about the same topic will bring to some attention to this as a site issue.

I am also having problems with replying to threads. More importantly, I cannot even reply to a thread where I am the OP; it makes me look like a jackass who posted only once and disappeared after he got the answer he was looking for.

I have posted at least 3 replies so far, to my thread, and others. All my replies have gone almost a full calendar week without being approved (and at this point, are now fairly irrelevant because the conversation has progressed). I am not a troll and am, in general, a very respectful person interested in facilitating intelligent and fair discussion. None of my posts were inflammatory in the least bit. So I really don't understand why my posts were denied, or have yet to be checked.

I understand this site likely had some problems in the past and was forced to implement this system of "moderator approval" of posts for newbies. But man, I just really want to participate on the forms, and the thread that I started.

If the mods are not approving our posts often, it creates a negative feed back loop that makes it impossible for newbies to participate. I'm guessing (this is theoretical, I have no idea what the real guidelines for this are) that there is some kind of post cap newbies need to reach to be considered less liable of being a "spammer or troll". However, if Mod's are not approving the posts of the newbies, there is no way for us to reach that level cap where we can post uninhibited. Therefore making it impossible or an extremely slow process to be able to freely participate on the forums.

Can anyone provide me with some help on this matter? I have tried sending feedback to the site, but to no avail. Is there someone who I can contact? Something I or other noobs with this problem can do?

Style
    Goju, mma, HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ditto. Wonder if this post will show up?!

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thehonestone View Post
    Ditto. Wonder if this post will show up?!
    That should take care of that.

Style
    Goju Ryu/Balintawak Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    plus one on the topic, but I'm pretty sure the mods have better things to do than approve my ****, so I'm going to go ahead and not make a thread about it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk