Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 3:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do I dislike this ****?

People write bullshit laden articles, full of logical fallacies like this one:

http://themmacorner.com/2014/05/22/e...ds-regulation/

So, no fact checking, no mention of what rues are in place, grouping all amateur fights as unregulated, a death, implying problems with insurance and then using this fight as an example.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Why do I dislike this ****?

People write bullshit laden articles, full of logical fallacies like this one:

http://themmacorner.com/2014/05/22/e...ds-regulation/

So, no fact checking, no mention of what rues are in place, grouping all amateur fights as unregulated, a death, implying problems with insurance and then using this fight as an example.
    BleacherReport has a better article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-and-confusion

I'm not sure the loser was winning as surely as most commentators seem to think. Moot point now though.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure the loser was winning as surely as most commentators seem to think. Moot point now though.
    He was probably going to win the 3-minute round 10-9. The other dude was getting out-pointed at that point in time, but didn't look out of his depth against Pantangco. In my opinion, the fight played out like any relatively well-matched bout you'd see at that level of competition. It's easily conceivable that the winner could've opened up with strikes or takedowns the next round and gone on to win the fight properly. Pantangco didn't give him that fucking chance, though.

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 11:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Thank you for sharing this. Honestly post like this remind me that I do not have a "fighters" mindset.
    I should be clear I see nothing wrong with that sort of mindset I just don't have it.
    I think I will have to stick to grappling where even if I am completely dominating someone I don't have to really hurt them to continue.
    What was told to me on my first fight by a really experienced fighter and coach rob gruifrida. That I should not worry to much about freezing up or not pulling the trigger. The other guy is going to punch me and I am going to go for his throat. Everybody does it every time.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2014 5:03am

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was BS watching the whole fight. The "loser" might have been getting the best of his opponent on the feet, but the "winner" had plenty of potential to be a problem on the ground (in the little bit of groundwork we got to see). Let it play out.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/27/2014 10:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regardless of amateur or pro its insulting to tap/quit like that fighter did.

When an opponent is clearly out classed, a proper approach can be to work on things you are weak on, and if grappling is a weak spot, take advantage of that time to work on those skills against a willing opponent who is apparently attempting to beat you, (I blame his trainer or coach at this point as well) and if you feel you are suddenly getting into deep water then you submit or ko the guy, end the fight and you got some good mat time. So the training, preparation, weight control and mental game do not go to waste.

To me, the guy that tapped was attempting to draw attention to himself for whatever reason - then blame it on not wanting to hurt the other guy. I conclude he is not prepared to be a cage fighter.

To me he did hurt his opponent and dishonored him by tapping- weak and while some say compassionate, I disagree. Shameful and poor use of time to work on things that can improve BOTH people in the cage (after all, the are...amateurs)

:)

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 2:43am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe he pulled a groin muscle and just made up an excuse why he tapped. Seriously though, kinda really sorta extremely condescending.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 12:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hes still a bitch then because i tore a groin muscle halfway through my first fight and continued to beat my opponent like a read headed step child. NO MERCY IN THIS DOJO!

:)

Posted On:
    5/28/2014 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    hes still a bitch then because i tore a groin muscle halfway through my first fight and continued to beat my opponent like a read headed step child. NO MERCY IN THIS DOJO!
    Yeah, and it would be dishonest as well as weak. I don't get the "I had to tap". Sounds like an excuse, on the face of it. That or a very arrogant thing.

Alex, you are a WARRIOR!!!!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast