Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 3:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah after watching the full fight I have to take about anything positive I had to say. The guy was not in any position where he had to worry about seriously hurting the other guy.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 4:59am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    The full fight.

Yeah winning but not completely one sided.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hamWcOX4hfM
    Ok..dude is a dick for what he did. There was plenty more in that fight, maybe he just ran out of fight himself. No way that was the right thing to do. Time to go back and up-vote some posts.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 5:04am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You wouldn't quit a football game because you were up by two touchdowns in the first quarter, would you?
    In this case it would be more like someone quitting a football match just because they made a few good plays without actually scoring.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 7:43am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Seriously?

Your calling a man who lives up to pretty much all of BS.nets ideals, who is training and competeing full contact, a ******?

he has skills on the ground and I would not like to get my face in front of his strikes

I reserve the F-word for people who, say, talks a lot about MMA, but do not compete or even train

I wonder HM, would you call him a ****** to his face?

Oh, and well done guys for turning compasion into a negative trait

It's not compassion, you fucking sissy.

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 8:41am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way has anybody seen an exhibition fight where it is quite often a miss match?

We have them every now and then where a fighter will pull out and someone else is shoved in last minute so that the guy who has trained his ring off at least gets to be out there.

I have seen them where quality fighters step in against first timers and nobody goes to hospital.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 8:55am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would've been amazing if that guy kicked him right in the face after he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 9:47am

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am shocked by how mad this has made me... but let me say, this has made me PRETTY mad. What a fucking douchebag.

First off, this is a fistfight. So long as you're conscious, you aren't completely out. Forrest Griffin came back from having a broken arm. Brock Lesnar recovered from Shane Carwin's beatdown only to win with an arm-triangle. Comebacks happen ALL of the time, and in situations far more dire and one-sided than that one.

Secondly -- and here is my biggest gripe -- the guy who "won" probably spent countless hours preparing for this fight. He deserves his fight. While he was being outclassed on his feet, he could've made a comeback. Especially since dweebs who love to spam jumping spinning kicks usually gas themselves out pretty quick anyhow...

It was SUPER condescending, insulting, and humiliating to decide "oh I'm too good for my opponent, I don't wanna send him to the hospital. Guess I'd better tap." Or, like, don't be a ****-sack and win the fight by decision or something.

Dude thinks he's "too deadly."

Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    The guy decided he didn't want to continue the fight due to his concience

His choice

I agree he could have hadled it differently but, **** it, it was him in the ring not any of us

so **** all you haters! Next time you are in his shorts you can show us how to do it
    It was his choice, and he made the shittest one I can imagine. And then he had to be an uber tool, trying to raise the other guy's hand up afterwards. If you suddenly decide "omg i'm a ***** and I can't handle superficially hurting someone who signed up to fight me in a cage," you can forfeit and then humbly make your way to the warm up room rather than disrespecting and condescending your opponent.

I was in that guy's proverbial shorts once. The fight was a complete and TOTAL mismatch. My opponent was a last-minute stand in. It was our respective professional debuts, but our amateur records were lopsided. While I was sporting a respectable 6-1 record, my opponent was 0-7.

At one point, I had my opponent in full mount and I was dropping elbows and he made this gross squeeling sound while gurgling the blood in his throat. I legitimately felt sorry for him at this point, and I didn't want to fight anymore, so I put him in an armbar. To his credit, he didn't want to quit and kept fighting the armbar, despite the arm being extended. I adjusted the arm and put it under my arm pit for more leverage, which eventually convinced him to just tap out.

But make no mistake, as bad as I felt beating on the MMA equivalent of a 12-year old, I'd have snapped his arm like a piece of strawberry pocky because we're in a fucking fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    It would've been amazing if that guy kicked him right in the face after he tapped.
    That would've made me SOOO happy.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 9:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    By the way has anybody seen an exhibition fight where it is quite often a miss match?

We have them every now and then where a fighter will pull out and someone else is shoved in last minute so that the guy who has trained his ring off at least gets to be out there.

I have seen them where quality fighters step in against first timers and nobody goes to hospital.
    I've done demo matches with kids (at judo tournaments), and teenagers. I don't recall any broken arms or crushed rib cages.

My best examples though were a couple of matches with a blind guy back in Texas (20+ years ago, real matchs, not a demos), and a match with a guy who had cerebral palsy, or some other disease that left him partially paralyzed on one side of his upper body.

I treated both guys as if they had no disabilities at all. That was/is the absolutely respectful thing to do. I even arm-barred the one guy on his bad side, because that is what he gave me.

Nobody got hurt, either, and both told me they appreciated the lack of "mercy" on my part.

So, there are better ways to go about it than just giving up.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 10:16am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can always tell when someone has never truly competed.

he has skills on the ground and I would not like to get my face in front of his strikes

I reserve the F-word for people who, say, talks a lot about MMA, but do not compete or even train

I wonder HM, would you call him a ****** to his face?
    [pquote]
    A bunch of irrelevant logical fallacies.

Oh, and well done guys for turning compasion into a negative trait
    Well done at proving, once again, you use words and make up your own definitions.

Since when did quitting, for no fucking reason, become one of BS.nets ideals?
    Since when did quitting, for no fucking reason, become compassion?

Quiting and getting out of the ring would be a viable argument for compassion. Holding up the winner's hand, robbing him of the fighting experience, implying the ref wasn't doing his job in interviews and ASSUMING he couldn't defend himself further has zero to do with compassion or BS.net ideals.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2014 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, my bad on the 'compassion' thing. I prematurely judged the fight on the first vid in the OP. At that time assuming (wrongly) there was little more to it. Even if it were compassion (it wasn't) it was not sporting.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast